Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228256 times)

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #4050 on: November 30, 2010, 09:56:21 am »

I am proud to be Tomi's signature!  :D

Not much to input overall, it's finals around this time, and I never really input all that much anyway, other than rambling and sometimes bringing up balance issues on accident, like Illithid's poison.  :P  Back to biting people in the eye!  They really should expect that from something called a "Doom Dwarf".

RaidSoft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: November 30, 2010, 11:22:34 am »

So is there any way of playing this mod but with mayday's graphic pack? I reaaally like the mod but I am soo used to the look of mayday's pack now that it makes it Really hard for me to play it with the one it comes with.. Though I am not saying it looks bad, it's just my personal preference :)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4052 on: November 30, 2010, 02:07:50 pm »

ASCII

Install Mayday's graphics

???

Profit.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: December 01, 2010, 02:03:22 am »

Hot climate, no dragon breath laying around, doesn't appear to be repeatable... nothing else has frozen, the idea was that something strange was created at the butchers shop and boiled at room temperature, freezing the dog.  Unless I'm not butchering the right animals right now... might be repeatable just need to find the cause...

I don't know, it was strange so I posted it.

Frostwyrm corpse parts are not the cause, maybe it was the etten I butchered....
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 02:05:17 am by nordak »
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

RaidSoft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: December 01, 2010, 11:32:41 am »

ASCII

Install Mayday's graphics

???

Profit.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do that :( I r noob  :'(

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: December 01, 2010, 02:29:24 pm »

I started DF on maydays and consider it one of the best graphics packs but the ironhand pack has all of the new monster tokens so its better to suffer through it instead of getting ACII letters popping up with maydays.

SolEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: December 01, 2010, 09:40:46 pm »

Is there a way to choose what race to play in during fortress mode? I cant figure it out if there is. . . . . . .
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: December 01, 2010, 11:52:25 pm »

re: Balors - so they are entirely composed of molten stuff?
I wanted to wield the Balor's whip, and so I sliced it off, and somehow all that was left was "Kun the Balor's pure iron". It made sense when it happened with their "molten sword" (although I hoped I could wield that. So sad), but the whip too? It would almost be better if you could have them evaporate like Bogeymen parts do, but I'm guessing there isn't a way to mod in that.

I find this sometimes with Ithillids as well, or at least, I see ithillid "pure iron" in lairs and stuff.

EDIT: tail and horns stick around. The tail is hella heavy, though.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 11:54:11 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: December 02, 2010, 12:19:08 am »

depending on which on the dwarf civs remaining i choose i can either be at war with snakemen or at war with illithids.

which would be the worse to be at war with?
edit: which would be more fun to be at war with?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 12:28:41 am by isabuea »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: December 02, 2010, 12:41:52 am »

depending on which on the dwarf civs remaining i choose i can either be at war with snakemen or at war with illithids.

which would be the worse to be at war with?
edit: which would be more fun to be at war with?

Um. Ithillids would be FUN! if they showed up first season.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:42:22 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: December 02, 2010, 01:44:59 am »

Sorry for the double post, but

After a savescum for SCIENCE, I am now wielding a "molten sword". Why did it not melt into iron, but the whip did?
Who cares, because THROWING THE SWORD LIGHTS THINGS ON FIRE!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

However you did that, it is the key to making flaming projectiles that include awesome "caught in fire" messages.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:50:23 am by Flaede »
[/quote]

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4061 on: December 02, 2010, 08:13:10 am »

Is there a way to choose what race to play in during fortress mode? I cant figure it out if there is. . . . . . .
You have to edit the raws yourself as DF is based on the idea of having only one race for fort mode. Basically put CIV_CONTROLLABLE in the desired race, and gotta have the professions and nobles defined for the race.

Here's relevant talk:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=71943.0

After a savescum for SCIENCE, I am now wielding a "molten sword". Why did it not melt into iron, but the whip did?
Who cares, because THROWING THE SWORD LIGHTS THINGS ON FIRE!
The molten sword is a Balor bodypart. Like an ear or an arm but made of iron.
Balor's whole body has [FIXED_TEMP:11500]  [HOMEOTHERM:11500]. I don't know about meltings. I recall there's something funky in current DF versions about heat transfer, there's too much or too little of it. Hmm... I don't think one can put a fixed temp and homeotherm onto an item/weapon/ammo.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 08:23:44 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: December 02, 2010, 09:08:41 am »

Hey guys

How tough are Balors supposed to be?

I genned a world stopping at 300 years, and went adventuring.

Now, I'm pretty tough already, not legendary, but grand master sword user, using a plain steel short-sword I found. I went to fight a Dragon, and the thing was thick, I had to put it unconscious and keep banging its head so it would die..of blood loss.
Then I got a quest to kill a Balor, and got really excited, but when the battle time came, I just minced him. Every hit was a body part sent flying, and I killed it by slicing his lower body in half.

Is this how its supposed to be? They should be more resistant than that right?
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Axecleaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: December 02, 2010, 10:45:54 am »

Real pros take out giant gargoyles by having them fall down their central staircase then getting punched to death anyway!

If you don't mind my asking, how would one get giant gargoyles (or any other critter, for that matter) to fall down their central staircase?
Is it a matter of pushing them? Or luring them into a trap?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: December 02, 2010, 12:41:54 pm »

I am thinking it's the gaseous fire tissue layer that is doing it. Horns and Tails also deal out the meltings (and are lighter!), internal organs do not, and damage at all to the balor while it was alive sent up huge gouts of flame and gave me the same "you are caught in a burst of balor fire" message. If it were just heat transfer it wouldn't give me the "foo is caught in a burst of balor fire" messages, would it? Also, it happens even if they dodge the horn itself, which is just vicious, and there is a trail of fire flashing across the screen in the path of the projectile in the split second it flies, instead of the "spinning line" graphic you normally get. The whole thing is very cool, and now I want a fire hedgehog with spines I can cut off and stuff into a quiver for the same effect, only not back-crushingly heavy ;)
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 642