Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228429 times)

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #4035 on: November 27, 2010, 03:21:17 pm »

this may just be me but i use dwarf therapist with dwarf fortress and it cant read ure genders right ive never had tbhis issue before and ive played  vanilla and civilization mod and it was always right before but now it says i got 1 man and 6 women and in game when i check ive got 3 men and 4 women ive tried a fresh instal of dwarf therapist and tried restarting it and reloading it a few times as well any ideas and yes im not stupud i know this isnt the dwarf therapist forum.....
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: November 27, 2010, 04:01:13 pm »

Deon, Cave Chilies, Carrots, Quarry Bushes and Cucumbers use '(' for their picked tile. Now, as I mentioned long ago any tile selections in Apostrophes results in empty spaces instead of the tile, at least, for the tileset I use (slightly modified version of Dorten's tileset). So please change their picked tiles to the number 40, which results in the correct tile being displayed.

Glow berries also use '"' for their shrub tile, picked tile, and dead shrub tile. They should all be replaced with the number 34.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: November 27, 2010, 05:17:20 pm »

this may just be me but i use dwarf therapist with dwarf fortress and it cant read ure genders right ive never had tbhis issue before and ive played  vanilla and civilization mod and it was always right before but now it says i got 1 man and 6 women and in game when i check ive got 3 men and 4 women ive tried a fresh instal of dwarf therapist and tried restarting it and reloading it a few times as well any ideas and yes im not stupud i know this isnt the dwarf therapist forum.....
That's a problem with how Dwarf Therapist responds to castes. I've brought this up on the DT thread an was thoroughly ignored but you could try as well.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: November 27, 2010, 06:04:06 pm »

Just had a couple of ambushes pop themselves. As soon as both appeared on the edge of the map, I got the notification. They then killed one member each (one squad killed a goblin member and the other a dwarf member) and then both ran away.

WTF?

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: November 27, 2010, 08:04:03 pm »

Giant Gargoyles can't bleed out.  I think this is related to them not having anything listed as blood.  Ex.
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/Background_Guy/gargoylebug.jpg?t=1290905956

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: November 27, 2010, 08:13:58 pm »

Just had a couple of ambushes pop themselves. As soon as both appeared on the edge of the map, I got the notification. They then killed one member each (one squad killed a goblin member and the other a dwarf member) and then both ran away.

WTF?

Not sure about the "killing members" part (I don't quite understand what you mean), but the majority of my ambushes consist of a kobold showing up, then immediately running for the edge.

Still haven't gotten a single werewolf siege since they were implemented. :'(

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: November 27, 2010, 11:13:44 pm »

WTF?

Was the leader killed?

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: November 28, 2010, 06:19:01 am »

Giant Gargoyles can't bleed out.  I think this is related to them not having anything listed as blood.  Ex.
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae125/Background_Guy/gargoylebug.jpg?t=1290905956
It could be because gargoyles are usually made of stone?  I'm fairly sure one of my dwarves liked gargoyles for their stony skin or rockiness.  On the other hand they are butcherable so who knows.

Real pros take out giant gargoyles by having them fall down their central staircase then getting punched to death anyway!

This appears to be a vanilla bug in 31.18 - Bugtracker

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 06:27:11 am by Torgan »

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: November 28, 2010, 02:34:28 pm »

What does long world gen mean?  U need to make a huge map for it to work properly?...

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: November 28, 2010, 02:37:15 pm »

What does long world gen mean?  U need to make a huge map for it to work properly?...

It means that world gen will take a while as opposed to the relatively quicker gens of vanilla DF. It's not too bad, and with the sheer amount of content in mods like Genesis, it's close to unavoidable even on some higher-end systems.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: November 28, 2010, 02:43:06 pm »

It means that world gen will take a while as opposed to the relatively quicker gens of vanilla DF. It's not too bad, and with the sheer amount of content in mods like Genesis, it's close to unavoidable even on some higher-end systems.

Ah ok thx, I was just curious as ive only recenty started playing DF and have only used this mod.

Is there a certain size the world needs to be to get attacks and wild creatures?  I usually make a world with all settings in the middle but ive never seen any weird beings or monsters in over 10 forts..

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: November 28, 2010, 02:57:16 pm »

That's not really dependent on world size so much as the savagery value where you embark (for encountering non-megabeast creatures on embark) and the number of titans/megabeasts, etc. in the world as determined by the parameters and how many were killed off in world gen. Typically, the longer the world gen, the less megabeasts active from being killed off, though they don't get cut down like butter in gen like they used to. I can't really vouch for that being the main reason, as the titan and megabeast pop/wealth requirements probably have a MUCH larger role in things. To be fair, I haven't done but one fort in Genesis and I haven't been back to it in a while since I tend to always focus more on Adventure Mode anyway, but I'm almost certain that the factors I mentioned are universal across all mods.

EDIT: Also, I'm fairly certain that other than Werewolves, you won't get sieged or attacked by anything other than surface creatures present in the biome on embark (and even that is rare unless you let your dwarves dawdle near them mindlessly or somesuch) for several seasons at the least.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:58:52 pm by inEQUALITY »
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: November 28, 2010, 05:07:13 pm »

I just tried out Civforge, which was the mod that made me love DF when I started, and I now have to curse Deon and everyone who helped him.  Genesis is so good I can't play other mods now, they just aren't as fun!   :P (Although I'm looking forward to playing Wasteland after it's refined a bit).

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: November 29, 2010, 08:56:00 pm »

Ok, I have animals freezing to death.  I believe there is a missing matgloss thread somewhere in the raws, I haven't changed them so anyone else who wants to look should be able to find it.  Material is unknown so I can't tell you what to look for yet.  The only evidence I saw was the freezing steam, I'll try to find the source.
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #4049 on: November 30, 2010, 05:40:58 am »

It refers to the fact that .31.18 doesn't crash in worldgen as badly as .31.17, WHEN using lots of castes in civilizations, ie. with major mods.

With .31.17 we managed to make 100-150 year old worlds in Genesis, any longer than that was almost certain crash.
I would recommend medium region or large region, and a 3x2 embark.

Ok, I have animals freezing to death.  I believe there is a missing matgloss thread somewhere in the raws,
Got a cold biome or something? Any blue dragon breath liquids around in puddles? Which animal species? In combat? Tame or wildlife or caravan's pack animals?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:51:41 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 642