Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227841 times)

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.18 ϟ] - long worldgen again!
« Reply #3825 on: November 16, 2010, 04:13:39 pm »

I like asking in this thread more than any other so here goes :>

Do you guys/gals have any good tip for military? How do you divide Training/Duty scheduling? And the squads?
From what I've read in other threads, small squads of 3-4 are best for training as your soldiers get most experience from sparring and there can only be one sparring match per squad so less dwarves in each squad=more sparring matches for each dwarf.  If you use danger rooms there's no need to bother though.  I just leave them all on default schedule really, they get enraged from being on duty for a long time but by then I usually have a decent cook and brewer so they get happy thoughts for that.  If you chain up animals near your entrance or around the map they will spot any ambushes and you can move your squads wherever you want then, I've never bothered sending mine out on patrol really.  They will take a break when they need to sleep/eat/drink so won't kill themselves, since a while ago at least.

Deon one small graphical bug I just noticed - the surface of brooks is using the same graphic as surface boulders/rocks.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: November 16, 2010, 04:14:24 pm »

Are most of the tomes supposed to be references? Like, 'Stairway to Heaven', '300 keepers', and 'The One Ring', just to name a few.

hehe. From the Dwarven Songbook, Carving a Stairway to Heaven
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3827 on: November 16, 2010, 04:19:17 pm »

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:MAGIC]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL:magic]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:1][TILE:'#']
[SOLID_DENSITY:787]
[IS_STONE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:6]

[ITEM_AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_LIGHTING_BOLTS]
[NAME:bolt:bolts]
[CLASS:LIGHTNING]
[SIZE:90]
[ATTACK:EDGE:4000:3000:strike:strikes:NO_SUB:6000]

[REACTION:CONJURE_LIGHTNING_BOLT_LEVEL_1]
[NAME:conjure a lightning bolt]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOY:LIGHTNING_CHARGE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:B:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_STAFF_CHARGED:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_STAFF_CHARGED:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:98:1:TOY:LIGHTNING_CHARGE:NONE:NONE]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]
Just to put this stuff here so i don't lose it.
Edit: DON'T STICK THESE IN THE RAWS YET.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3828 on: November 16, 2010, 04:23:40 pm »

Sorry for double post, i've found out what to use as a cost, but what should be used to make lightning charges?

theotherhiveking

• Bay Watcher
  • The ceiling... it beckons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: November 16, 2010, 04:58:05 pm »

I'd like to point out that theres is a file in raw/graphics called orcs.PNG, Linux (and i thing Mac too) is case-sensitive so these OS will not be able to find the file.
To fix this problem just rename it to orcs.png
So i'm chasing this wounded cheetah right? I go near this dried out pond AND SUDDENLY 21 FUCKING ELANDS COME OUT OF NOWHERE TO SHATTER MY BONES WITH THEIR THUNDEROUS HOOVES OF RAMPAGING MIGHT
Your eyes must be broken. You have gone blind most likely, but the paralysing is confusing.. Could you poast a screenshot?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: November 16, 2010, 05:13:31 pm »

Thank you theotherhiveking, I didn't know about that. I will fix it.

Sorry for double post, i've found out what to use as a cost, but what should be used to make lightning charges?
That's the main question. It's easy to make different named staffs, but you have to figure out the actual projectiles...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: November 16, 2010, 05:16:55 pm »

Magnetite? Not exactly electricity, but closest thing I can think of. If mining is added to Adventure Mode anyway.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: November 16, 2010, 05:26:49 pm »

The thought occurs that if you make a spell that requires a reagent, and then make the reagent be produced in a reaction with a low success rate (so it takes a long time to successfully create the reagent) you could quite easily mimic the long preparation time required in D&D (at least I think that's how it works - I've never played)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: November 16, 2010, 05:29:48 pm »

Ultima online's reagant system works better in my opinion, reagants are scarsed differently all over the world or in loot after killing stuff and you need to combine for example 3 bones+2 wtf batwings+1 human heart (example) = one fireball throwing. If a way to prevent spam gathering that would rock just an idea

Edit: as long as the 3 elements required for one spell aren't in the same area does this idea sound good?

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: November 16, 2010, 05:31:52 pm »

How exactly does training dummies work?
Are they good/better than sparring?

And is there a quicker way to equip your soldiers with training weapons?
Or do I need to go in to the equip menu and change, and then wait for them to grab the real weapons, everytime I need them?

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: November 16, 2010, 05:32:14 pm »

What do you mean by area? Biome?

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: November 16, 2010, 05:42:48 pm »

Or do I need to go in to the equip menu and change, and then wait for them to grab the real weapons, everytime I need them?

Training dumys are basically a sparring partner who cant die and when you use a training dummy they automatically equip/drop the training weapon.

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: November 16, 2010, 05:47:12 pm »

Training dumys are basically a sparring partner who cant die and when you use a training dummy they automatically equip/drop the training weapon.
So I can just build them and set them to train, no need to equip training weapons?

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: November 16, 2010, 05:47:27 pm »

Ultima online's reagant system works better in my opinion, reagants are scarsed differently all over the world or in loot after killing stuff and you need to combine for example 3 bones+2 wtf batwings+1 human heart (example) = one fireball throwing. If a way to prevent spam gathering that would rock just an idea

Edit: as long as the 3 elements required for one spell aren't in the same area does this idea sound good?

for the mod I'm working on I'm planning to use corpses as one source of magic, so that you actually have to put in the effort to find something and kill it before using magic.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3839 on: November 16, 2010, 05:49:42 pm »

I'd recommend large cut gems as the rare item for spellcasting. Skulls and hearts might work too, and dwarf livers for the Big Spells.

Orcs.PNG, hmm I think i noticed it being different from the other files like 3-4 months ago.

FYI, Dwarf Therapist is now .31.18 okay!

ps. Deon: traders brought a "sandy clay loam" bag. Maybe it shouldn't be a sand. And leathers still seem super cheap at 5-20€ per skin, while crappiest cloth is 34€. Arrows and bolts seem very pricy starting from "bronze bolts" 750€.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:21:14 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 642