Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227706 times)

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bah! i stopped using traps in back in 40d the entire point of my fortresses is to breed dwarves to cull the populations of everything around me. Can you kill off all of the underground creatures? if they cant be killed off then it wont be so bad but if they can i'd def edit a few files so i could have a harassment creature with a massive pop.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

Gah, I'm trying to figure out a reaction for binding a gem to a staff to make it magical, but i can't decide whether to use large or small gems. Guys?

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

Thanks to you Deon I can finally use liquid fire!
You see, my Draconians are capable of injecting liquid fire from their tail. The liquid fire melts the inside of the victim, killing them instantly.
It works! I've melted a cat and a dark gnome by injecting liquid fire right into the heart.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 07:09:56 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

Gah, I'm trying to figure out a reaction for binding a gem to a staff to make it magical, but i can't decide whether to use large or small gems. Guys?
Y'know what, drop that. Can any of the fort mode playable races make staffs?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA

Ok, I've gotten some of the magic part done, here's the staff that's going to be used for it.
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_STAFF_CHARGED]
[NAME:magic staff:magic staves]
[SIZE:1000]
[SKILL:ALCHEMY]
[TWO_HANDED:60000]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:52500]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:120:400:bash:bashes:head:2600]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:240:200:slap:slaps:handle:3000]
[ATTACK:BLUNT:60:800:jab:jabs:shaft:1800]
Also, i suggest maybe using the attack definitions on this weapon for the normal staff?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So to be correct the hauberk is simply another helm (that can be worn under helms)...cause historically its a mail shirt....

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mail shirt usually with a coif attached to it.... now that i think about it you should prolly change it to coif unless you want it to be a mail shirt with a coif

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yesh I meant coif, thank you. I probably used some bad dictionary when I pulled it. I will fix it.

Y'know what, drop that. Can any of the fort mode playable races make staffs?
You can buy staffs from other races... Orcs I think.

Thanks to you Deon I can finally use liquid fire!
You see, my Draconians are capable of injecting liquid fire from their tail. The liquid fire melts the inside of the victim, killing them instantly.
It works! I've melted a cat and a dark gnome by injecting liquid fire right into the heart.
I'm changing aspid dwarves into doom dwarves which do it with their teeth.

As a random suggestion:

Wouldn't it make more sense if higher Illithids had Force-fields as relatively quickly-healing tissue layer made of force on top of skin, rather than as strange attachments all over their body which act as seperate bodyparts and can be lopped off/gouged out/other strange cases?
Yes it would, thank you for the suggestion, I will make it real.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry if it's been brought up already, but I've noticed nord macemen are using double shields.

Edit: The wolf skins was me being dumb, sorry!

Sometimes when gathering plants I'm getting a 'Plants' which becomes a 'thread'

I don't know if those are problems with DF or the mod specifically. I'm just happy to be able to make myself some new clothes :D Can't wait until I get a shiny dragonscale hat!

Yay for wolf bone armor! Unfortunately I can't wear the gauntlets I made. :(

I had one of those bad feelings. Couldn't find anything, so I took a nap until morning, turned out to be bog frogs!

Speaking of napping, my dwarf sleeps every day from dusk until dawn and is still drowsy most of the time. I should have called him Sleepy :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:26:14 pm by Nat »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Hey deon, my peasant followers stabbed a pile of tigermen. I think tigermen need skill boosts, maybe fighting and dodging.
Also, my nord started adventure in an empty snowy area, not in a hamlet.

Ooh my first "Wolves!" travel encounter! Both my peasant followers survived. Wolves need biting and fighting skill IMO.
Two dragon raptors, hmm not a problem. They should be tougher than bogeys, right? Do they eat bandit bosses?

I think I shall totally nerf the tool knives!
combat dagger being [ATTACK:EDGE:5:1000:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1000], and short sword [ATTACK:EDGE:40:800:stab:stabs:NO_SUB:1250]
I think carving knife's 4:800 (width:attackdepth) becomes 10:300. etc.  carving knife was much more penetrative than sword!
and carving fork's laser-sharp 1-width to 30. You do not gut wolves and bears with carving forks.
Maybe 200 depth on the tool knives. They're not made for battle. Maybe even 130 depth.

I think it's a bug that the hero can see beyond forests and jungles on the travel map.

ps. empty towns with a few rats in them; fun! I'm a total savior, recruiting these remaining lizardpeople.

I had one of those bad feelings. Couldn't find anything, so I took a nap until morning, turned out to be bog frogs!
Nice! I added them frogs.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:00:41 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am not making heads or tails of this layer permit stuff....how can the dwarfs wear a hauberk (now properly known as coif) and a helmet....they are both shaped...and violate eachother permit values...i think...

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Coifs are a roughly-shaped chainmail hood which is worn under a helm over a leather arming cap. It's to help distribute the force of bludgeoning blows from blunt weapons.

Arming cap (leather) goes under coif (chainmail) which is under a helm (steel, copper, bronze, etc.)

Similarly, Arming vest (leather) goes under hauberk (chainmail shirt) which is under the breastplate and such (steel, copper, bronze, etc.).

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got zombie bog frogs continually around my new fort, killed one of my initial seven after he dodged into a murky pool and drowned. ><

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I think it's a bug that the hero can see beyond forests and jungles on the travel map.
No, I recall Toady saying that it's a feature because he wanted to play more with the new adventure map without that "fog of war" caused by the landscape.

Coifs are a roughly-shaped chainmail hood which is worn under a helm over a leather arming cap. It's to help distribute the force of bludgeoning blows from blunt weapons.
Dennislp3 meant that you cannot wear two [SHAPED] items on the same bodypart.

I am not making heads or tails of this layer permit stuff....how can the dwarfs wear a hauberk (now properly known as coif) and a helmet....they are both shaped...and violate eachother permit values...i think...
They are not shaped since 3.17d or 3.17e. I will upload a renaming fix soon.

I think I shall totally nerf the tool knives!
Yeah, they are a bit too strong. I didn't change original tools, and now I do.

Also, more natural skills for wildlife is a good idea, although it will take some time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.17f ϟ] - natural skillz
« Reply #3779 on: November 15, 2010, 06:20:53 am »

3.17f

- 3.17f Hauberk->coif, orcs get proper skin color and fangs, most of animals recieve natural skills, tools are somewhat nerfed.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 642