Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227711 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is also tags to make things start with a certain level of a skill....thats why bogeymen are so hard to hit...I believe they have an innate dodge level of 9.

Was wondering if you can make castes only give birth to specific castes....I was wanting to start a eugenics program to get nothing but Steel Dwarfs in my fort >.>
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:25:32 pm by dennislp3 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, I use those tags on some semi/megabests, I know about them.

Sorry, the castes are like genders, they are random :(. I would love to be able to have some type of an eugenics program possible.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha racial cleansing through sparring.

I love the fact that its random so you could get baby steel dwarves from a batch of shroom children though i've found that dwarves that multiply faster are much better when siege attrition really sets in.

Zengrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, Thanks again for all your work. Great mod!!!

I played 31.17 for a while without mods, played about 6 times and got my butt handed to me each time, managing to get maybe 2 or 3 quests done. I decided to try your mod and played much longer before my demise. I do like how your mod is generally easier it seems then default, or maybe I'm just getting lucky. I had a band of 13 soldier types with me, racked up 13 notable kills, then i got my first megabeast (at least i think) quest from a noble to kill a trogolyte and got owned very quickly, i believe i was missing many pieces of armor and such and died much quicker then my companions i think. oh well.

One thing i couldn't figure out is crafting this time around. I was able to do it when i played y our mod a few months back. I could get a stone, make it into carving knife or sharp rock or whatever, then use it to hack up corpse and make stuff out of it. It was fun, but this time it's not working at all.

For example i pick up a limestone rock, i goto X and hit create sharp stone or carving knife or whatever, and it says i don't have necessary materials, i also tried a few diffrent type of rocks just to make sure.

Has crafting changed or is it bugged at the moment with the new updates? Or am i just dumb? :)

Thanks.

By way you already released a new update to your mod tonight! i'll have to download new one and try my luck again :)

EDIT: you know what i think i figured it out, i'm supposed to be holding the rock right? arr.... well.... i think i'll try it again ! lol
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:31:14 pm by Zengrath »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You should hold a rock in EACH hand to knap something. Generally you need to hold a tool and have materials in your hands/on ground.

And yeah, adventure mode may be a bit easier because there're many more bandits to kill/loot and fortresses to get warriors from, but the beasties are much stronger, so it weights it out.

Also the fortress mode is a bit harder because you have so many siegers.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zengrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool, I'm going to try the crafting in adventure mode thing again on my next attempt. I haven't tried dwarf fortress mode with your mod yet but i'll try it eventually, i'm kinda having too much fun in adventure mode right now :)

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once you try the fortress mode you'll never go back--look at all the fucking plants http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/ and those can turn into extracts so its like 4x more when you cook things. I dont know about sieges being harder because it seems to take forever to get the proper amount of sieges were mods like fortress defense/orcs usually get the sieges rolling right after you get the draw bridge rigged.

I now play for the massive variety that this mod has over every other one.

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I had to ask, the music is from Ultima Online isn't it?

Raziel_Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sorry to bother you, but I am realy excited to try out this mod, yet every time I attempt to gen a world it crashes. Is there something that needs to be set in this?
This is always happening at the building of history point and the only thing I am using is I turn off the sound and use the soundsense mod.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:52:43 pm by Raziel_Blaze »

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sorry to bother you, but I am realy excited to try out this mod, yet every time I attempt to gen a world it crashes. Is there something that needs to be set in this?
This is always happening at the building of history point and the only thing I am using is I turn off the sound and use the soundsense mod.

Same, except for exceedingly short world gens, any world I generate crashes at random points. It also crashes faster the more civs I add to worldgen (I prefer 300)

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

can i import my omega strong adventurer from .17c to .17d? if so how do i do it?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

I'm sorry to bother you, but I am realy excited to try out this mod, yet every time I attempt to gen a world it crashes.
I've rolled two worlds in vanilla .17 and five .17c Genesis. Two of the genesis worlds crashed in history. It seems pretty random. I'd try only 150-200 year old worlds and "Create new world!".

300 starting kingdoms seems a little high to me. I played earlier versions with large-region [TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:35] and 15 civs in medium. Fortress mode.

Can i import my omega strong adventurer from .17c to .17d? if so how do i do it?
Yes. Copy the save folder (which contains .17c raws) to your new recently-installed DF. Might try copying the .17d raws into the save but that's not recommended.

Adventuring... elf hero, spellwood spear, a large bogeyman (consort) in a lair. Green icon. Icon is the same dead and alive, a little confusing. Huh, it had a mortar and a pestle in its lair. And a quern with kobold bone meal :) :) And a " cypress table" in the same square as a "cypress Table".
Other bogey in a lair... stab it a lot. its lead meat cleaver is deflected by my flax coat.

New adventurer. keeper hero, hammer, proficient dodger. Bash three ezrakim bandits. speed 1070 is faster than them. Their leader manages to cripple me.

New adventurer. stone dwarf keeper hero, hi-str hi-agi, axe, proficient dodger, competent shield.
First opponent: dusk elf axer with STEEL glaive. Axe hir in upper body, sie gets bruised heart and extreme pain. Then, (head, normal,verysquare) chop hir head off. Yay loot! Have a steel glaive now.
More duskies. Bah, now basic slash attack is "b" and shield bash is "a". Duskie hammerman parries a lot.
Glaive feels puny! good hit, bruised opponent's muscle and guts through cloak. Hit much more often when don't do aimed attacks?
slash one duskie's head, skull shattered, glaive is stuck in, and yet the duskie lives.
Fight the chief, steel spear & bronze shield. Chief jumps away 20 times... hit his arm, bruise his fat. Slash, bruise his heart. Lose use of right hand. Drop shield and old axe, pick up axe. The chief leaves a trail of vomit and blood. Finish him. Travel. Sleep, slap a leopard around, sleep some more. Return to Pointedweavers. Recruit two keepers.

Sleep till dawn in the wilderness seems safer than travelling at night. Fight a two duskies plus a duskie master, bronze pike. Lost one companion. Trek through the Jungles of Time. Recruit a duskie and a duskie butcher. Travel north to a camp and sleep on the way. A minor fight. The snow melts due to rain. Stuff a yew cage into backpack.
Other camp. glaive to keeper paladin's head, shattering skull. CHOOSE AIMED ATTACK FROM LEFT HAND GLAIVE OR RIGHT HAND AXE. Two keeper cavaliers get lucky and bring me down. Win, but have speed 400 from broken foot.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 03:06:23 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

StephanReiken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was using 3.17d which was crashing, not .17c.

I'm generating a world with MixMod which uses Genesis 3.12b with no crashing issues. Whatever it is, is definitely the mod itself during worldgen.

Its not a memory issue as this generation is using .85 megs and counting.

Zengrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had to regen many times until success. I used all default settings in generation (medium). it took about 8 tries for me to work, but as others said a smaller world, less history, etc. would increase chances i think.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

Any likelyhood of adding new weapons to reflect the All New Dual Wielding possibilities?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 642