Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227735 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.17c ϟ] - wearable clothing
« Reply #3675 on: November 13, 2010, 10:48:16 am »

Deon, for some reason when embarking in dorf mode on 31.17c, the secondary selector keys (eg + and -) don't do anything. I didn't realize this until now. I tried changing them to , and . but still the same problem. Vanilla 31.17 works fine. I'm using ASCIImod by the way.
Sorry if this is Captain Obvious stuff, but I thought that when I started a new fort today but it was actually because I had no spare points to assign, don't know if it's the same deal with you?

No it's not because of that, I have upwards of 100 points on embark. As I said, I tried the exact same thing in vanilla and it worked fine.
I also tried just copying the Genesis 31.17c raws into vanilla DF (nothing in the data folder) and viola, there's the problem once more.

EDIT: HMMMM if I copy only the raws AND data/init/init.txt it works just fine.
Oh well, I'm not complaining now.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 10:51:28 am by freeformschooler »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: November 13, 2010, 11:17:12 am »

Deon, for some reason when embarking in dorf mode on 31.17c, the secondary selector keys (eg + and -) don't do anything. I didn't realize this until now. I tried changing them to , and . but still the same problem. Vanilla 31.17 works fine. I'm using ASCIImod by the way.
Sorry if this is Captain Obvious stuff, but I thought that when I started a new fort today but it was actually because I had no spare points to assign, don't know if it's the same deal with you?

No it's not because of that, I have upwards of 100 points on embark. As I said, I tried the exact same thing in vanilla and it worked fine.
I also tried just copying the Genesis 31.17c raws into vanilla DF (nothing in the data folder) and viola, there's the problem once more.

Are you sure you unpacked the folder without overwriting anything? It works totally fine on my copy.

In my new fortress the orc/dwarf caravans and keeper/ezrakim caravans have attacked each other on sight, is this a bug or does it mean their civs are at war?  It does make it pretty easy to get new stuff but I'm guess I'm going to have multiple sieges in a year or two.  Of course they might wipe each other out..
Do you have 3.17c? In 3.17b I experimented with LOCAL_BANDITRY and it doesn't work really well. Even your own nation starts to attack you.

I didn't playtest the fortress mode yet, so if anyone else has the same problem with 3.17c, please respond.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: November 13, 2010, 11:19:40 am »

Are you sure you unpacked the folder without overwriting anything? It works totally fine on my copy.

Yeah, positive. I tried deleting and then re-unpacking several times and genning up a new world each time. On Genesis 31.17c without copying anything over to anywhere else, the secondary selectors don't work. It's probably some sort of problem with how DF handles the raws because I had the same problem on another mod back on 31.16.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: November 13, 2010, 11:20:27 am »

It's some problem with the specific PC though, because I can do it normally on my PC.

P.S. I 've just generated a new pocket world and started the fortress mode. I can normally move my selector right/left with right and left arrow keys and remove/add points through +/-.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:22:38 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: November 13, 2010, 11:22:44 am »

It's some problem with the specific PC though, because I can do it normally on my PC.

Yeah, that's more likely.
Oh well. At least it works now.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: November 13, 2010, 11:24:06 am »

I hope you didn't forget to copy the sound and speech folders? Especially speech, because it's used by some creatures to talk so there can be problems if you keep the vanilla without additional files.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: November 13, 2010, 11:25:37 am »

I hope you didn't forget to copy the sound and speech folders? Especially speech, because it's used by some creatures to talk so there can be problems if you keep the vanilla without additional files.

....now that I think about it those are folders I didn't copy onto the version that works now. I did that and it still works. Thanks for informing me about that though, I hadn't realized that the sound&speech weren't part of the RAWs.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: November 13, 2010, 11:27:17 am »

Well, the /sound/ is just for the changed  fortress mode music tracks from Warcraft and menu music from Ultima series, but the /speech/ has real in-game info and some added files.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: November 13, 2010, 11:54:28 am »

I think frost wyrm breath is bugged... all it did was disintegrate my clothes, and freeze my waterskin solid. no frostbite whatsoever.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: November 13, 2010, 12:11:17 pm »

I think it just didn't reach your skin. Are you sure you had its coating on your skin?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: November 13, 2010, 12:21:59 pm »

Do you have 3.17c? In 3.17b I experimented with LOCAL_BANDITRY and it doesn't work really well. Even your own nation starts to attack you.

I didn't playtest the fortress mode yet, so if anyone else has the same problem with 3.17c, please respond.
I was on 3.17b, didn't realise you'd updated already.  I'll start over and try again.

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: November 13, 2010, 12:27:47 pm »

Its been a little while since last I played DF, let alone with Genesis installed.  I must say the addition of old WC music makes digging my new fort around a volcanic peak so much more hardcore.  Awesome mod just got awesomer.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: November 13, 2010, 12:28:08 pm »

Yeah, .17b was disastrous because you could only live in your home town and any other location was hostile to another.

Also now when the upper spine makes head severing less possible, I think I am going to improve daggers' slashing attacks. Right now common clothing stops them, they were axed this way to stop dagger-decapitations. Right now you should only stab with them to achieve good results on clothed opponents, so STAB throats, do not SLASH them. I will make it better for .17d.

@Xieg : Thank you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: November 13, 2010, 12:30:47 pm »

I think it just didn't reach your skin. Are you sure you had its coating on your skin?

I was more thoroughly covered than any of my party members, but they dropped dead while I was fine. in the inventory menu it had every single body part, down even to teeth and digits, covered with the stuff.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: November 13, 2010, 12:31:31 pm »

Which creature/caste were you? Because it freezes me just fine, just tested.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 642