Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227770 times)

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was thinking dirty thoughts

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you are incredibly si.... nevermind I was too.
Nom nom nom

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

As for your weird dwarf-eating creature, it happens.

Sigged.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, mistress is a fine creature of the demonic race. I removed goblins and replaced them with a mixed race based on Dungeon Keeper game series, so you see where it comes from.

I took the suggestions about more poison-spitting critters and I've made a few more. I can't wait for the next release! :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Apparently there was also a battle between demons and dwarves too. I'll check later if it's the same one.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow the weight bench is friggin genius! i just built 3 benches and 6 dummys and put everything on repeat so my entire fortress is training on their off hours.

What does the game workshops do and how do i use them? i got a chess table up but i cant seem to get a dwarf to go to it--what does it do for the dwarf anyhow?

I've so far had a few ambushes which ended hilariously since i had 30 dwarves armed with a 20 complete suits of superior+ steel armor/weapons. I raise the draw bridge until my dwarves can assemble then i lower it and wait till the ambush squad gos through my 2 tile entrance which has 30 dwarves with multiple war animals on the other side hehe. My mayor/baron is also apparently a badass as he was walking to my temporary trade depot while one of these attacks were going on and he fucking deflects a stray arrow shot at him with his bare hand.

So far i've lost 4 dwarves, 1 to outside forces 3 to construction accidents.... one took a block to the face then rode it down 7 z levels before slamming through the floor of my dining hall landing in the caverns which just happened to be occupied by a group of ghouls. I'm sure they were scared shitless when a dwarf body exploded out of no where. I cant wait till my standing army is strong enough for me to conquer the cavern so my dwarves can look down through their masterful green glass windows and watch my domesticated giant cave swallows flying around the caverns--in between constant combat from above of course!

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NEW VERSION TIME GUYS!

dmgpurity

• Bay Watcher
  • Mew! *Boom*
    • View Profile

NEW VERSION TIME GUYS!
YES, do it... if you can, try to make the genitalia a markable area for an aimed attack ;D.
My very first adventurer was beaten to death with his own sock.
Dwarf Fortress: Lead socks.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh i actually wanted to start a new fort anyhow with more elephants because those giant cave swallows are bullshit same with ferrets. I honestly dont see why bulls cant be war bulls since the constant death from bull fights in spain/mexico prove that bulls are totally capable of killing people and i hate having to kill them because their useless compared to awesome milk producing cows.

I noticed my caverns have been really sub standard also with really basic layouts--is it because i end the year count early? or have i just been unlucky?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

New version has targeted biting. I am going crazy with this. (if you've noticed me on other threads talking about buzzard biting, I am sorry). This immediately made me think of certain castes of dwarves that really should have fangs. And perhaps poison. Someone needs to test and see if poison injection can be done in Adventure mode with targeted attacks.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

THE HELL, IT'S OUT!

It's 6 AM and I was playing half night and working another half... I will take some sleep and get to it!

New version has targeted biting. I am going crazy with this. (if you've noticed me on other threads talking about buzzard biting, I am sorry). This immediately made me think of certain castes of dwarves that really should have fangs. And perhaps poison. Someone needs to test and see if poison injection can be done in Adventure mode with targeted attacks.
Aspid dwarves now has a meaning. And you can inject poison in adventure mode. Actually you could it before, but normally you didn't bite. Areagdmakgadmg. YEAH NEW VERSION :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

THE HELL, IT'S OUT!

It's 6 AM and I was playing half night and working another half... I will take some sleep and get to it!

Aspid dwarves now has a meaning. And you can inject poison in adventure mode. Actually you could it before, but normally you didn't bite. Areagdmakgadmg. YEAH NEW VERSION :D

Note - you can bite a different thing for each tooth.
That means that the average dwarf, with six teeth, can technically bite six different things. I think even 6 different creatures, but I know for sure 6 different limbs.
Not sure how you might want to use this fact, but it seemed important to make sure it was noted.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

THE HELL, IT'S OUT!

WEEE FUCK YEAH!
I hope that Genesis comes fast, as I am really annoyed by the hieroglyph graphics of vanilla Dwarf Fortress and the lack of awesome body parts that are attackable :P

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

I noticed my caverns have been really sub standard also with really basic layouts--is it because i end the year count early? or have i just been unlucky?
It's the cavern parameters. Try this for very open, and random wateryness:
   [CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:3]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN:80]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX:90]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN:0]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX:10]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN:8]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX:90]
in init/world_gen.txt. I think passage density 90 is horrible.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hi, TomiTapio! The new version is awesome in many ways. I just woke up (although it's 5 PM here :/) and after I do some stuff I will continue to port genesis to 0.31.17.

See you soon, guys.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 642