Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227851 times)

Eradacater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

how bout a semi Dr. Who inspired night creature. You know the cyber men, or those pig people the darleks used as slaves?
Lava trap = Fun
Drowning trap = fun
Fight pit = fun
Orbital magma cannon = more fun than most can handle

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Orcs and Tellarites are already part pig, part human. And Pig Boy from The Chronicle (tv series).
Hmm, maybe a small humanoid race like the kobolds (who are part dog). Not cat people. Ferretfolk? Sheepmen.

I forget if a sleep poison attack is possible, separate from paralysis-and-suffocate toxin.
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Syndrome
I think an outdoor swarming (5-12 in a group) creature with cave floater toxin (fever, drowsy, dizzy, real long duration) would spice things up occasionally.
What would the creature be... Spraying beetle, green rat, mangy bat, giant centipede, slimy frog, orange snake.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A spitting cobra the size of a dwarf would be fun.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably quite the noob question but when i'm in Fortress mode (in this mod) I don't seem to get a special type of dwarf. Just the basic Dwarves and I really wish to know if it's random and they don't tell you or if I have to do something to make me play obsidian dwarves (Since i want a fort covered in exploding booze and burning war cats which will strike down those petty goblins and there unburnt flesh!)
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

press v (point to a dwarf)-p-z-enter and it should give a description of said dwarf along with what class they are.
Nom nom nom

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahh, thanks for the info on that.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

I just downloaded, made a new world, and played till the first summer. I have one question. Do training dummies do anything? It may just be that I ahve a one dwarf military, but I want to be sure anyway.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt

Giant bats ?

And horseless headless ghouls...

Urist McFly

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like his importance is... Dwarfed.
    • View Profile

Giant bats ?

Ha. TF2 Reference.

But, shameless re-asking of my question; Why don't I get kobolds to start as an adventurer EVER?

They always die out, and I've tried everything I could think of...

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Giant bats ?

Ha. TF2 Reference.

But, shameless re-asking of my question; Why don't I get kobolds to start as an adventurer EVER?

Well my world has them still alive in adventure so you may just have bad luck but, if you DO see there option but no land on the map, it's probably because there hidden cave civ.

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just downloaded, made a new world, and played till the first summer. I have one question. Do training dummies do anything? It may just be that I ahve a one dwarf military, but I want to be sure anyway.
From the previous page :P

Hey so how do i use the special buildings? i assigned dwarves via the profile but nothing happened as i was not given the option to queue anything on the training dummy.
You need training weapons.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. Didn't really want to look through 238 pages of posts. Thanks.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

Did you try adding a lot more caves? How about reducing worldgen to ~100 years?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to play a Kobold without the Play Now. But, I don't play Adventurer mode.

EDIT : Is this normal? Also, spelling.

Spoiler: Weird... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 12:06:33 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to play a Kobold without the Play Now. But, I don't play Adventurer mode.

EDIT : Is this normal? Also, spelling.

Spoiler: Weird... (click to show/hide)

They are an adventure playable race in Genesis, if there is a colonized cave, you can choose them in Play Now.
As for your weird dwarf-eating creature, it happens.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 642