Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1227946 times)

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile

Night Creatures?  Wouldn't we need to have night first?  Wait..  Is there a night?  It's hard to know these things when you live deep underground.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Night Creatures, as in zombies.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile

There is night in Adventure mode and night creatures are being created primarily for that... though there is a lot of overlap and spilling over and intertwining and integrating and dual-supporting and symbiosis and co-developing and err... umm... into fortress mode too.  What a game!
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

And creatures will get starting skills, so I'll make a Weasel with maximum dodging skill,
and it'll steal your cabbages and you can't stop it :)
And Bronze Statues and Ogres should get wrestling skill etc...
Half-Ogre Adventurer creature gets lots of skills, you meet it as adventurer, you die unless you fight well..
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry if this has been asked before but why aren't there any ranged attackers in Genesis?  As far as I know anyway, there are a few that use breath attacks but my marksdwarf squad haven't taken an injury yet.  Just wondering as some of the creatures are ridiculously tough (looking at you Void Master Illithid and Gith-anything) so I assume it's not because ranged weapons are too powerful? :P

Still having plenty of fun, discovered beholders float above traps after one crippled my legendary armourer who is now permanently hospitalised.  And nearly making my fortress implode after making a waterfall to clean off some poisons caused pools of it to make half my animals rot to death, leaving miasma everywhere while still living and setting of a small tantrum spiral.  But that's more of a vanilla issue made worse with the illithid toxins I think.

And I've also been receiving a lot of diplomats recently from the non dwarf civs, why's that?  Quite a few caravans have been getting destroyed as ambushes spawn on top of them as they appear but afaik I'm not at war with any of the civs, I've never had a siege appear.  All the diplomats seem to say is the usual you've carved out a lovely place, then leave after a few more comments.

Redgaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Newbie question, but I can't seem to assign rocktip bolts to my marksdwarves... They do not appear on bolt selection screen, except for the defaults, and once those are changed there seems to be no way to reselect them, since rock does not appear on the list of materials... Help please  ???
All I do, I do for !!SCIENCE!!

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think it's necessary to assign them - the settings for combat and training bolts are bugged so your military ignores your settings.  My marksdwarfs have been using them without any problems, they just equip any bolts they can find then use them for anything.

Redgaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: Newbie question answered on wiki, nevermind.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:07:27 am by Redgaia »
All I do, I do for !!SCIENCE!!

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

whoa i've been gone quite awhile--they fixed marksdwarves? they actually shoot at targets from fortifications?  They were 'fixed' before but never shot unless they could engage the target in melee pathing.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What is the major difference between versions 3.12 and 3.16? It says old type cities but what does that mean? Any other major differences?
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got some graphical issues, don't know if its Genesis or Ironhand that messes with it. But I thought asking here first.

When I select names in the Unit-window I can't see the thing I have currently selected. Goes for similar menus.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have these black boxes around some trees and plants.
Is it gathered plants and cut down trees? Why do they turn brown/black-ish?

Quite embarrassing, ofcourse its marked trees and plants for harvesting... duh. Been away from Df to long.

And the number of what level I am currently on.
The level-to-the-surface meter is also not showing correctly, only digits 8 and 9 is working, everything else is red-water/lava.

Cheers.

ps. aswell as "Show_Flow_Amounts" won't work. ds.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 03:11:35 pm by Ladde »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the number of what level I am currently on.
The level-to-the-surface meter is also not showing correctly, only digits 8 and 9 is working, everything else is red-water/lava.

ps. aswell as "Show_Flow_Amounts" won't work. ds.

Go into /data/art/ and look at the "ironhand" files. Open each in a different window and cycle through them to see the differences. By default, ironhand_mix is used. It has no numbers from 0-7. Replace the "_mix" with "_text" in the graphics part of init.txt in the /init/ folder and you'll get numbers back.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:04:54 pm by BigD145 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sorry for not answering for so long, my graphics card died and I couldn't access bay12 through my phone.

You use ironhand_mix with truetype fonts ON, or ironhand_text with truetype fonts OFF.

The unability to see the selected name in the unit list is a problem of Ironhand, however I hope we get truetype fixed in the next version, so it no longer will be a problem.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You use ironhand_mix with truetype fonts ON, or ironhand_text with truetype fonts OFF.

The unability to see the selected name in the unit list is a problem of Ironhand, however I hope we get truetype fixed in the next version, so it no longer will be a problem.

I'm sure it's intended to work, but it certainly doesn't for me. I had ironhand_mix and [TRUETYPE:YES], which is your default init as packaged for dffd. Numerals did not show in the z-level as per that third image of Ladde's.

hormiga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a game going with your .16 version and I have not seen any invasions... I am up to about 80 dwarfs. There have been snatchers and master thieves sent from the ilthids and serpent folk but no invasions. Is this the invasion bug from the previous versions or am I missing something?
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 642