Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228033 times)

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I embarked in an area that has a salt water river and salt water lakes. Is that common?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thanks for reminding me of the map scripts :).

I embarked in an area that has a salt water river and salt water lakes. Is that common?
Why not, they are usually rare but they exist.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've got a salt water river, the well attached to it is still being used to give water to wounded dwarves, as is a well that's using water tainted with frozen forgotten beast ooze and mud.  The wounded dwarves don't seem to be getting unhappy thoughts though.

Maybe they prefer it to the abomination that is carrot juice?

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile

Wells magically purify bad water.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah right, the buckets are still being shown to be filled with water laced with mud/ichor/salt but I guess the dwarves just ignore that if it's passed through a well according to the wiki.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff

Ah right, the buckets are still being shown to be filled with water laced with mud/ichor/salt but I guess the dwarves just ignore that if it's passed through a well according to the wiki.
From what I have seen, it seems that dwarves will simply drink any water out of a bucket, no matter the contamination present, and a well will gather water no matter what kind of water it's placed over.  Water zones on the other hand can only be placed over fresh water.  So it's not so much that wells purify water as dwarves refuse to put salt water into a bucket other than with a well.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile

lol    I never looked at it that way.  True enough.
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a great mod, i have downloaded for the "adventurer crafting" but all else it has is superb.
I have a lot of adventurers die to rotten fly vapors>melt>bleed combo of the lost adventurers, so i have started a gloomy dwarf that seems to be immune to it, but i want to know how it works that of "saliva becomes a strong web" i can cast/spit? or is something wrestle related?

I have been trowing my weapons over and over to a red dragon, all my equip is burned away but seems that the dragon is starting to faint...  the saliva thing will be useful against him? or if i get near im dead? xD

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Eh, the webbing was removed because other dwarves were hurt more than invaders, I just forgot to update the description.

Also if you want a strong and immune to diseases adventurer, pick the steel caste.

Also you cannot shoot web/fireballs/use other creature abilities in adventure mode yet :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More info on playing as other races: Why don't any of the other races get to make coke from bituminous coal?  At least the illithids and the goblins are unable to; I haven't tried any other races.  Though, the whole "no assigning labors to illithids" thing doesn't seem to happen with the goblins. 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Because they have no such reactions defined. Just copy permitted buildings and reactions from the dwarven entity.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i think that you could put the listed skills such as web, fireball, etc. along with the other skills (like fire bolt and fire arrow) but to limit to only the race that could doit, put in the req some kind of "item" not consumed that is the race itself

to eg:

fire arrow: coin (consumed) being salamander (not consumed) being warlock (not consumed)

and for the others:

spit web: being gloomer dwarf (not consumed) <-- this way all could see the spell, but only the gloomy dorfs can make it

Also, think that would be a nice idea to explain in this thread, or in the genesis mod wiki, exactly what can do and differences between races/castes

So you could know the differences between black and white nagas, know what kind of skills has a vampire, or know that werewolves cannot wear items

I hope the vampires has some kind of drawback during day, i dont like the twilight cr@p but i think that would be very boring having a vampire that cannot walk during day xD

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Right now they don't, they just have an advantage of a bloodless body (except for the heart and maybe internal organs, I don't remember). We may get some stuff like that with the new release (with the night creatures' feature).

And if I could make the stuff you described, I would do it. Firebolt arrow is just an item, while webspitting is an ability which is unmoddable.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mechanist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And if you make a web item that can be "t"rowed?

Another question, tower shields give 35% of "evasion" or something, a naga that can equip 3 shields is 105%?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

And if you make a web item that can be "t"rowed?
Then you'd essentially get a ball of yarn to throw at your enemies.

Another question, tower shields give 35% of "evasion" or something, a naga that can equip 3 shields is 105%?
Don't quote me on that, but I suspect it would be three chances of 35% each. I'll have to look how shields do work though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 642