Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228022 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Well, as I said do not use .13 and .14 saves, they are bugged in MANY ways, including siege crashes and other weird stuff.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile

Hmm, I also seem to be crashing while pressing 'V'.  It was infrequent, but now seems to be happening more often.  I don't know if it is a vinilla .16 problem or from Genesis (seeing as I never play with just vanilla).  I'm playing with a clean .16 Genesis game.  Only exception is my own modded playable race and some minor tweeks to Genesis. So far it seems to be happening during invasions.  I am being attacked by Sylven elves and their mounts as well as some goblin types.  I haven't noticed any snakes on the map. 

Just thought I'd post this to add as much info as possible.  Hope it may help in determining the cause.  By the way, this is the very first time my game has ever crashed.

Deon, I'm enjoying your mod, thanks for all the hard work!
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I see. You probably play with TTF fonts, right? That must be the problem, Toady said that it's not properly tested.

Try to replace ironhand_mix.png with ironhand_text.png, and switch off TTF support in /data/init/init.txt (or d_init.txt, I don't remember). Now it all makes sense. Don't forget to toggle SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS off for eyecandy.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, still in 31.12, decided to play as illithids (great mod btw).  Got something interesting.

:/ thought I did a better job getting rid of the white.  Oh well.  Also, it looks like my illithids can't get labors assigned to them, why?
In a time before time, Kitur wandered the surface of the world...

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Deon, did you ever check that save I uploaded?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Not yet since Runesmith is not updated yet. Did you try to play without TTF font?

BackgroundGuy
I don't know exactly without looking at them. I'll check it and make a minimod for you later if you want.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Chromasphere

• Bay Watcher
  • UUUUU,.,..,..,U,.""T"T"T"T""T
    • View Profile

So far it looks as though the 'v' crashing has stopped after playing without TTF.  My testing isn't 100% definitive because the crashes occurred randomly it seemed, but so far so good.  Unfortunately, I have already grown attatched to TTF.  :-\
"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by tantrums, starving hysterical naked,
    dragging themselves through the dwarven streets at dawn looking for a helpless cat"-Vaftrudner

"We aren't customers or investors - we're spectators tossing donations into the coin box while watching someone build their work of art"-Psieye

Torgan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So far it looks as though the 'v' crashing has stopped after playing without TTF.  My testing isn't 100% definitive because the crashes occurred randomly it seemed, but so far so good.  Unfortunately, I have already grown attatched to TTF.  :-\
Yeah it appears to have fixed the crashes for me as well. Good times.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Deon, my save is a 31.12 save. Runesmith works fine with it, and I don't play with TTF.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Is there a way for me to remove the genitalia and breasts on the Genesis where they weren't protected by armour without going through EVERY file and removing them manually?
Crimson Editor has a handy "find in files" function to find a string in a folder and its subfolders. "MALEGEN" string finds all creatures that use MALEGEN or FEMALEGEN.

>adding [SPEED:1] to the dwarves
Probably cacks up a LOT of things besides giving crashes.
They have an agility attribute too, besides that creature-speed.

One's magma sea could be down at -30 or -80... dig deeper!
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Deon, my save is a 31.12 save. Runesmith works fine with it, and I don't play with TTF.
Oh, 31.12. I will see then, thanks :). I thought everyone moved to 31.16.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Nope, I haven't yet. Will as soon as Runesmith likes 31.16.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile

Deon I have a question about your training dummy. I tried to tack on dodge, fighter, armor user, and shield user onto each of the weapon training reactions. I did this so I could simply assign a dwarf and have him train without making a danger room or what have you. However, they are simply not gaining any xp at all. Can a single reaction not train multiple skills? and if not is it possible for me to set up a seperate reaction but without reactants (for dodge as an example)?
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

A reaction takes only one skill, so you have to make different reactions and cycle them on repeat.

Dragonshardz: sorry, I'm a bit busy here :). I didn't forget.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Polar_Atom

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Cancels Life: Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.03 ϟ] - ents
« Reply #3434 on: October 12, 2010, 04:18:04 pm »

Deon, I uploaded my custom map scripts here. I added Middle Earth, Britannia, Serpent Isle and Tamriel. There's a couple of others but they aren't quite finished yet. I also fixed Middle Earth so civs that settle in the west won't become isolated.

Let me know if you want any worlds in particular. I generate my own heightmaps so all I need is a basic map image that shows land features.

Thankyou fine sir.
This forum post menaces with spikes of humour.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 642