Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228130 times)

waylory

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

its not really a civilization but you can try to add a haunted town with spirits and what not?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:32:06 pm by waylory »

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile

Yeah, that sounds great.

Fishing, biomes + another dimension. Hell yeah :D.

Speaking of hell, how do you think you'd get there? would there be craft-able portals, or are there gonna be a single portal generated with every chunk?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It says that you travel there short and appear to travel fast in the real world, so I guess there will be some "ritual" or portals of some kind involved. I hope they are not static. At least it won't be a single portal.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.12b/14ϟ]
« Reply #3378 on: October 07, 2010, 07:46:47 am »

It also does not matter if it is Genesis or Vanilla DF.  If TTFs are enabled it will crash.
Toady did warn us that the font feature is very new / untested.

Hmm...does giving the ezrakim elves wood products piss them off?
No. Sylvans and vanilla's elves say "interested in your more ethical works" at the trade screen.

Snakes... have to check Deon's snakes too, I copied off them. Hmm they are genderless and can't breed! I'll fix that for my worlds.
I think I might have had a few crashes related to snakes! Thanks for noticing the bug.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:51:06 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile

So I've started up a fort.  I'm fairly impressed with the new create world options, they work very well (If not as volcanic as I'd normally like).   It looks like this world is mostly...Villages?  Wait, they're everywhere...but, I want to embark there!

Oh, okay, this is the sprawl I read about.  It could be very interesting later on, but I wish it wouldn't clog up all of my good embark locations.

This is a tad odd, though - one of my migrants showed up with "Adequate Military Tactics" as a skill.  I presume, being a skill, that this is a mysterious Toady implement as opposed to a Genesis move, but it has me curious.  When dwarven combat consists of said dwarves hurtling themselves at the biggest enemy mass and hacking off all their testicles (at least in Genesis), what do you need tactics for?

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile

Ya gotta know which testicles to chop off first. That's called strategy!
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

I'm having troubles with gem cutting: the raw Crystal and Clear glass is not showing up to be cut in the Jeweler's workshop They are sitting in a stockpile right next to it (not in bins), and are unforbidden etc. I need them cut for a mood! (no other gems)

Is this a quirk of Genesis? or is it a general bug.

EDIT: I am aware that a Manager can be a workaround for this bug. Still annoying.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:55:16 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff

Is this a quirk of Genesis? or is it a general bug.
That's yet another unfixed bug in the current version of Dwarf Fortress.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

liqud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a couple questions if anyone's bored.

I was messing around in the arena, trying to figure out which creature is the ultimate badass. Illithids seem pretty strong, but I can't figure out what Illithid toxin nor Psi essence does when injected into an enemy, if anything.  I've gathered Doom is a paralyzer.

And what kind of creatures are these? Just curious about the lore, the Gith seems like quite the monstrosity.

Edit: Oh and what in the hell is a lead annulus??  Illithid 4 was touching Illithid 6's and I'm not sure he liked it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:01:11 pm by liqud »

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile

Gith is either a humanoid space hippo or an evil skinny astral humanoid monkey. Depending on what RPG is being referred.

Edit... actually the hippo is Giff, not Gith. So must be referring to the evil astral dudes.

These lovely folks.
Gith and Illithids feature mostly in the Forgotten Realms universe.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Githyanki
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Illithid
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:30:20 pm by Fleeb »
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey how long until we can see an update to .16?
Nom nom nom

liqud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hey how long until we can see an update to .16?

Its up.  If I understand this question

These lovely folks.
Gith and Illithids feature mostly in the Forgotten Realms universe.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Githyanki
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Illithid

Wow, they're actually pretty awesome.  Thanks for that.  Tho in Genesis they sound quite a bit more monstrous I still have to say.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Well, it's not exactly a DnD, so the gith has nothing to do with githyanki or githerai (or the original Gith Rebellion). Its name was given by an original creator of Illithid race (D_E) to a terrible half-magical half-living warrior-construct; its body consists of various metals which displaced organic materials and has a few terrific appendages with natural weapons; also it has strong forcefields.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Eradacater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I came across a very odd glitch. there are parts of the ground that are shifting between every stone type in rapid succession
Lava trap = Fun
Drowning trap = fun
Fight pit = fun
Orbital magma cannon = more fun than most can handle

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there currently any use for the gateball court?
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 642