Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228102 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Yeah, install the ASCII version, download Mayday, and ONLY copy over the raw/graphics folder.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Yeah, install the ASCII version, download Mayday, and ONLY copy over the raw/graphics folder.
That only changes creature graphics. And it leaves the tiles ASCII.

Tryntu, if you want to change the actual tileset and not just/not the creature graphics, you have to copy Mayday's tileset file from his version's Art folder in the data folder to Genesis's respective Art folder, then change the file Init.txt (in the folder data/init) to point to Mayday's tileset file instead of Ironhand's.

The problem is though, if you overwrite the graphic version's standard creature graphics with Mayday's, you'll end up with Genesis's new creatures missing graphics (which are entirely separate from the tilesets you pick). If you just copy over the tileset and not the creature graphics then you'll end up with creature graphics which don't match your tileset.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 09:22:27 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Hmm...does giving the ezrakim elves wood products piss them off?

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

question: is there any way to switch the tileset on this mod from Ironhand's to Mayday's? i'm trying it out, and i honestly really cant stand how dark ironhand's graphics set is.

Yes. But it's not easy. You need the data/art and color files from Mayday, yes. The thing is, Mayday went through the raws and reassigned the tile values for a number of items (mostly vermin, plants, and minerals) to match his tile set. You would need to go through by hand or use a utility such as hermano's http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54669.0 to merge Mayday's tile settings with the Genesis raws.

Problem is, Deon split a number of core raws up into his own files, presumably for easier reference while modding, so you'd have use hermano's tile picker tool to go through each of those one by one and pick appropriate tiles. Which requires adding lines to the definitions.txt file in hermano's application.

Though once you've done that once, you can use hermano's tile merger tool to quickly update future releases of Genesis.

If people are really interested I could through together the updated raws for use with hermano's tile merger and upload them. I couldn't provide any support for a release like that though, you'd have to figure out the tile merger application on your own...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That's the contents of my "definitions.txt" for Raw Tile Selector for all of you who want to remap it to any tileset:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's easy and quick to do.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile

I haven't gotten to play DF since school started, I really miss my bumbling, boozing light-haters.

And, holy crap, that's a lot of new releases since I checked in!  Screw it, I'm downloading the new version and playing, I want to see the new worldgen.

Also, I've been doing Oceanography homework all day.  We're doing geological studies at the moment.  I've been staring at magnified pictures of basalt.  It's time to start a fortress and mine the hell out of some basalt.  Vengeance will be mine!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile

I haven't gotten to play DF since school started, I really miss my bumbling, boozing light-haters.

And, holy crap, that's a lot of new releases since I checked in!  Screw it, I'm downloading the new version and playing, I want to see the new worldgen.

Also, I've been doing Oceanography homework all day.  We're doing geological studies at the moment.  I've been staring at magnified pictures of basalt.  It's time to start a fortress and mine the hell out of some basalt.  Vengeance will be mine!
Basalt happens to compliment Obsidian very well.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff

Found a minor issue in the raws.  [CREATURE:SNAKE_PYTHON] and [CREATURE:SNAKE_BOA] are both lacking [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] following the male and female caste information.  Apologies if you've already fixed this.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, that sounds great.

Fishing, biomes + another dimension. Hell yeah :D.

What's that mean? Something new Toady's adding?

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the contents of my "definitions.txt" for Raw Tile Selector for all of you who want to remap it to any tileset:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's easy and quick to do.

Deon, you're awesome. Thank you!

Edit:
Yeah, that sounds great.

Fishing, biomes + another dimension. Hell yeah :D.

What's that mean? Something new Toady's adding?

He's referring to Minecraft, which is a different (though also awesome) game

http://www.minecraft.net/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 10:46:46 am by Lord Aldrich »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Found a minor issue in the raws.  [CREATURE:SNAKE_PYTHON] and [CREATURE:SNAKE_BOA] are both lacking [SELECT_CASTE:ALL] following the male and female caste information.  Apologies if you've already fixed this.
Thank you, I haven't checked Tomi's snakes thoroughly, so it sneaked past my error finding eyes. I'll fix it. For now it looks like there's nothing bad happening because of that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile

Love the mod, but I have a quibble. Orcs seem very... un-orcy. It seems like you took a generic Japanese culture and called them Orcs. They're all tan skinned with black hair, no tusks, nothing that makes them stand out as, you know, orcs. Wouldn't it be better to have a race of asiatic humans, and have Orcs be a sub race of goblins (or have goblins be a sub race of orcs)?
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

OKAY! Thanks for mentioning that!

I've lost my orc file somewhere between versions and I haven't noticed that, and nobody told it to me!

They should have brown and greenish skin, and they should have "generic teeth with eye teeth" instead of human teeth... With a couple of adjustments to stats. I will fix it for the next versions, thank you very much Fleeb.

And you're right, they WERE asiatic humans before I've decided to turn them to orcs (after fidding more with my TES mod). But as I said we now have an early version of renamed Osmans. And I don't want them to be like goblins. I want educated, proud and fierce orcs, not stupid brutes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Fleeb

• Bay Watcher
  • The Fleebiest
    • View Profile

Yeah, I figured it was an oversight, and I like what (I think) you intend to do with orcs. Just right now they're basically humans with the orc name slapped on.

Cheers!
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over" -Fudds First Law of Opposition
"If it goes in, it must come out" -Teslicles Deviant to Fudds Law
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 642