Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228290 times)

Voiddarkness

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.12b/14ϟ]: At last :P
« Reply #3300 on: September 30, 2010, 10:20:33 pm »

Was just wondering where the readme is that states what the new buildings, plants-brews, and everything does.  Could only find the basic vanilla DF readme

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: September 30, 2010, 11:10:25 pm »

I haven't updated the readme in a while, so for now use wiki please.

Zaerosz: it's very close to iron (some parameters better, some worse, but only a tiny bit).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: October 01, 2010, 06:40:18 am »

really?

Ive had an invasion :/

in fact im dealing with it right now

edit* nevermind I forgot that df was updated with new village something or another.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 06:44:18 am by Spaghetti »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: October 01, 2010, 10:20:08 am »

Is there a way to download the wiki for offline viewing? I'm going on a long train trip next week and would like to settle in with DF.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: October 01, 2010, 10:20:41 am »

Just download the images, they have the most important info for now :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: October 01, 2010, 10:57:47 am »

How good are singing spellwood arrows?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: October 01, 2010, 10:24:40 pm »

Is it alright if I borrow the Display Case for my mod?
くコ:彡

Vhorthex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Medieval Nerd - Youtube Page
« Reply #3307 on: October 02, 2010, 12:31:06 am »

Friends once... friends forever?!

Hey there!

I'm having issues with being attacked. Embarked on a slot that had sinister mountains. Got attacked by 2 groups of gargoyles. Then they just stoped coming D:.

So, in order to spice things up I decided to attack the Dusk Elf merchants at my depot. I noticed that only the attacked unit responded, the other elves seemed to be ok with it.

I slaughtered the whole lot, except 1. And let him be on his 'merry' way. I looked at the civilization screen, and the dwarves are still 'at peace' with the dusk elves... What? lol, what does it take to turn enemies into 'friends'?

Cheers!
Vhorthex
Patience is a virtue.

Miss old PC-DOS gamse? Check out my YouTube page for 10 Minute videos of ye olde games!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMedievalNerd?feature=mhum

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: October 02, 2010, 06:37:27 am »

Is it alright if I borrow the Display Case for my mod?
Sure, and it's not originally mine: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57243.0

Vhorthex: I can't give you a real explanation here. One person reported that he attacked merchants but then STOPPED attack before anything happened, but they still went to war.

I am sure a bit earlier the death of the diplomat caused war. Try to arrange it :P.

Also there may be some weirdness in the latest version. Some people report the lack of ambushes/sieges when they still have a contact with other civs.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: October 02, 2010, 06:41:02 am »

How good are singing spellwood arrows? I'm assuming as strong as bronze.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: October 02, 2010, 06:56:31 am »

How good are singing spellwood arrows? I'm assuming as strong as bronze.
You could use the testing arena, and pit a spellwood arrow wielding elf (on a unreachable pillar) against a iron, bronze, steel armored dwarf (one at a time). The dwarf that get's it's armor punctured (not a neck wound, or a testicle wound or whatever. or bleeding to death from a little cut) is the material that isn't as good as spellwood.

Or you could read the raws.

This forum thread looks like it's been going slower lately  :( . I remembered it used to be around 1 more page per day. It's been at page 221 for two days already...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: October 02, 2010, 07:06:35 am »

That was a VERY suitable question. I need to rework some stuff a bit, brb with 3.12c/3.14b :P.

I think I was sleepy or something when I've answered about cobalt, but right now "iron" (hardened one) is somewhat better than bronze (which is a bit heavier and sharper so it makes up for that) and of course cobalt (which is actually around copper) and it's between bronze and steel...

Basically bronze weapons should be superior to iron, but iron armor should be less soft than bronze so it stops blades better.

So right now the parameters are correct as I wanted them, but I forgot to check them before I replied about cobalt (which is not that great as a weapon material except for blunt weapons and a mediocre armor).

So right now:

by compressive yield/fracture:
Copper -> Cobalt -> Spellwood -> Black Bronze -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Iron -> Sun Gold -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Adamantine

by weight/density:
Adamantine ->Iron -> Spellwood -> Sun Gold -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Cobalt -> Copper -> Black Bronze

by edge:
spellwood -> copper -> cobalt -> iron -> bismuth bronze -> black bronze -> bronze -> sun gold -> steel -> black steel -> red steel -> adamantine

There're many types of yields and parameters though, so it's just a general table. Still I hope it helps. So you can use the "edge" parameter to judge how good bladed weapons are (with relative compressive yield to consider armor piercing capabilities) and the density to judge how good blunt weapons are.

P.S. Note that singing arrows have awesome parameters in comparison to other arrows, so they pierce armor more.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:08:13 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Mechlin

• Bay Watcher
  • /u/sarasti_
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #3312 on: October 02, 2010, 08:05:46 am »

So copper warhammers are now better than red steel?
This is something I really hadn't expected.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: October 02, 2010, 08:09:45 am »

Better in terms of weight, but the hardness of the strike and armor "penetration" is determined by other stats as well.

I don't really know how blunt weapons work. We don't have a formula yet. Copper warhammer will probably glance off of a red steel armor due to metal relative values, but it will damage an unarmored target (again, if it's not a megabeast with very tough tissues) more than red steel. It needs more testing :).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 08:11:25 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: October 02, 2010, 10:16:18 am »

by compressive yield/fracture:
Copper -> Cobalt -> Spellwood -> Black Bronze -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Iron -> Sun Gold -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Adamantine

by weight/density:
Adamantine ->Iron -> Spellwood -> Sun Gold -> Steel -> Black Steel -> Red Steel -> Bismuth Bronze -> Bronze -> Cobalt -> Copper -> Black Bronze

by edge:
spellwood -> copper -> cobalt -> iron -> bismuth bronze -> black bronze -> bronze -> sun gold -> steel -> black steel -> red steel -> adamantine

Deon, thanks for the info.  You should put this on your wiki, it's good to know.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 642