Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228543 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That's totally nuts. I've just started a community fort and I wasn't able to do it. Can you give me a save please?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to make a new world and see if it happens again

edit: oh and I'm not sure if it's relevant but all through the last release or so i could embark with grizzly bears

it happened again on a new world. i can get raptors, dragon raptors, giant eagles, elk birds etc
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:47:39 am by isabuea »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Dwarf entity, [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS_TIP] rocktip bolts yes or no?
Why? Wooden/iron rocktip bolts don't really make sense. They are used for the Stone Grinder workshop only.
Okay, so you can create them without them being listed as regular bolt.

I chose two embark lions a few days ago, they did okay defending the fort.
I have giant felines and dragon raptors too available for choosing. In a .31.12 + gen3.12 rolled world.
Guess it's a side effect of using PET tag to circumvent dungeon master being useless (she tames PET_EXOTIC creatures).

QUADRUPED_SMALL legs to giant olm.

Rolling a few worlds now. Better reduce civ count and maybe allow more hot/cold in the world. One crash.
One large region with 4373 sites, sites_pops.txt is 655 kB :¨)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:30:58 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I won't really bother with sites right now. It's clear that .13 is broken in terms of settlements/sites so I just generate worlds with .12 and then put them in .13. Let's wait for .14, I somehow feel that it should follow soon :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

negorath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking at the RAWs, I can't see anything wrong with gender distribution, but something CAN'T be right, I constantly have like ATLEAST 80% female population, and this has been going on for several worldgens now. Game issue, or mod issue? Maybe it doesn't handle caste system all that well?

McBeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bye, Deon, keep it up, good luck, man.
fun is for rich men, i assume.
----------
My axe is sharp and my beard is strong.

Randomtask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looking at the RAWs, I can't see anything wrong with gender distribution, but something CAN'T be right, I constantly have like ATLEAST 80% female population, and this has been going on for several worldgens now. Game issue, or mod issue? Maybe it doesn't handle caste system all that well?

Seconded. I had so many all-female embarks, I thought there was a switch at embark I was missing. Then I got a group with two dudes.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, whats that "sprouts" attack that iths are using?
It goes through masterpiece steel armor and totally f*cks up its target.

Also, outpost minds are totally unkillable if TEMP is off
I can't explain why, but everytime i try to kill one with it off , it just won't happen
Edit: it looks like you cant cut off any of their limb with temp off
Edit2: cant kill some of them even with temp on. Its weird that some get kiled normally and others dont care about being mutiliated with red steel axes
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 04:48:40 pm by Z1000000m »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Might be "females have higher agility, thus they survive battles better". Can try setting equal agility for all. Or parent civ only sends males into battle.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Your dwarves are generated on the fly.

If you look in legends, males and females are born quite equally. It must be the quirk with male/female ratio of the spawned dwarves.

Z1000000m: yeah I will check it, thanks :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

The choice of embark pets is generated by civ. I had three civs, aand each one had different pets I could embark with. You can't order them traded later, it's aan embark-only thing.

I went with the Mammoths.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I just got a group of migrants, the first oddity is that almost all of them were legendary something or other (Hammerdwarf, Cook, Blowgunner, Clothier, and Appraiser) I thought migrants never really came above Proficient?

The more strange oddity is that one of the dwarves' profession is Master Thief. She is a professional knife user and professional ambusher. I can assign her a noble position, but other than that she is useless. Not listed in the military screen, no ability to change her professions. Any ideas what the deal with her is?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

So I just got a group of migrants, the first oddity is that almost all of them were legendary something or other (Hammerdwarf, Cook, Blowgunner, Clothier, and Appraiser) I thought migrants never really came above Proficient?

The more strange oddity is that one of the dwarves' profession is Master Thief. She is a professional knife user and professional ambusher. I can assign her a noble position, but other than that she is useless. Not listed in the military screen, no ability to change her professions. Any ideas what the deal with her is?

Perhaps she is an "undesireable", and you would be best locking her up, or conspiring somehow to keep her from teaching "classes".
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

shiverczar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I suspect that she [and people like her] will have uses in future updates - I mean goblin master thieves can steal stuff from your fort now, why shouldn't we be able to send master thieves to steal from their forts? :D

And yeah. I got a "War Peasant" that can't join my military. Makes a bit less sense than a thief being unable to join, but whatever :)... heh.

And in my extended embark points round I managed to acquire giant eagles AND dragon raptors at the start! =D

P.S. Deon; you and your minions are awesome.

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

is it a mod feature or a new dwarf feature that the appraisers skill increases an items value in trade?

also embarking with mamoths is like 1000 points wth man lol.

just tried adventure mode... all my crafted items are too large for me to use :(

OH large creatures make large items lol duh.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:19:48 am by Spaghetti »
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 642