Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228728 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Deon, remember that paralysis can cause suffocation death, so don't overdo it, maybe little bit of necrosis is better.

Merging latest Genesis to my raws... can't seem to download 3.13 graphical, so I'm copying from ascii version.
Glad you added [BODY:QUADRUPED_SMALL], now i make Monitor Lizard and cave turtle and groundhog use it. Horse-type long legs away!

I recommend to remove [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:2700:3200:3400:3500:3600:3800:4500] from the snakes.
snake_asp was missing [LARGE_ROAMING].

Ents still have "iboiling" materials in genesis ascii version.
Ent bug     [BODY_SIZE:8:0:1000000]    [BODY_SIZE:10:0:150000]
Dwarf entity, [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS_TIP] rocktip bolts yes or no?
entities, warrior princess, "SOLDIER_COLOR]" on purpose?

I'd remove [START_BIOME:GLACIER] from Nords, there's no food on the glacier... not even reindeer. Seals maybe, but that's not glacier. Tundra and taiga are fine starting places I say. And [ACTIVE_SEASON:SPRING] so after being holed up in houses for the colds, they caravan-fun in the spring.

Do kobolds need [TRANSLATION:GOBLIN] ?
I'll try the demonic union civ as opponents now. Also I'm playing Majesty 2 the fantasy kingdom sim (RTS, but instead of move commands, set bounties on things to kill.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:51:14 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I recommend to remove [PHYS_ATT_RANGE:AGILITY:2700:3200:3400:3500:3600:3800:4500] from the snakes.
snake_asp was missing [LARGE_ROAMING].
Check
Check

Ents still have "iboiling" materials in genesis ascii version.
Ent bug     [BODY_SIZE:8:0:1000000]    [BODY_SIZE:10:0:150000]
Check
Check

Do kobolds need [TRANSLATION:GOBLIN] ?
Check

I'd remove [START_BIOME:GLACIER] from Nords
Hmm, I am not sure about that. This gives them a good worldgen sprawl, otherwise they are often extinct.

And [ACTIVE_SEASON:SPRING] so after being holed up in houses for the colds, they caravan-fun in the spring.
Well, I consider it a different way: they move out in autumn and are away from their cold regions when it's winter, and return back when it's spring. So it's logical for them to arrive in the winter, since they try to avoid it upon debark/arrival.

Dwarf entity, [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS_TIP] rocktip bolts yes or no?
Why? Wooden/iron rocktip bolts don't really make sense. They are used for the Stone Grinder workshop only.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

What files do I copy into vanilla dwarf fortress if I want to move over the dwarf castes and all of the races (orcs, illithids, etc) and nothing else? And will this break anything?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

What do you mean "nothing else"?
Everything is pretty much tied... For example, all races have their unique weapons which are defined in different files, and also use custom reactions to get their unique materials and items.

Dwarven castes are in the dwarven creature, which is located in creature_genesis.txt. However note that it has additional bodyparts (breasts, crotch etc.) which you will have to remove if you want to use unmodified bodies.

Basically there's some work and I can help you with that if you want, just tell me what you want exactly. And ASCII, right?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Primarily, I want the castes moved into vanilla dwarf fortress, and if I can get the other races into vanilla DF, without moving any of the new buildings (except maybe the surgical theater/new forges), then that would be nice too, but I can live without them.

EDIT: Oh, and I'd be using ironhand's tileset. If that's a problem then nevermind. Never was a fan of ascii. :P
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 11:13:48 pm by Seriyu »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, give me some time and I will help you with that.

So basically you want castes + races, anatomical theated + ironworks, but no new animals or other custom workshops?

Hey guys, I am starting a community fortress, so come over to my thread and participate!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66204.0
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Err, if you could add the custom animals too, that'd be perfect. Forgot to mention them. In my defense it's about midnight over here.  :P

Thanks for all the help. :D

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, it's finally over... the long train ride, and furniture hauling, and the furniture hauling, and the furniture hauling. I hate moving.

...reworking mummies and lost adventurers...reduce the damage...

Sounds great!

Please boost the dragons and giants and cyclops. Maybe even NOBLEED on dragons.

I've always wondered why Toady cursed the dragons to never fly. Cuz flying is bugged at the moment? Or makes them overpowered?

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was messing around in the creature raws and noticed taht female steel dwarves have higher strength than male steel dwarves?

just saying in case that was an oopsie

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just bought 2 dragon raptors as pets from the embark screen. not sure if this is a mistake either way I'm happy  :D

on a side note how long does it take for a dragon raptor baby to mature, and are they any good for war animals?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 02:15:20 am by isabuea »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Dragon Raptors make AWESOME war animals. Their teeth can pierce almost everything.

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that's good to hear since each costed 1001 of my extended embark budget, got a few giant eagles off it too, we sure embark isn't bugged as it was awful generous in its pet choices

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hmm, are you sure you have no errorlog.txt or something? I can embark with cave pets only :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

extended embark budget

How'd you do that  ??? ?

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

pan you generate a world with custom parameters from menu but edit the embark points from 1274 to anything below 10,000.

no errorlog deon just sweet dragon raptors and eagles, i was also offered like giant lions and jaguars aswell
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 642