Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228749 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

I try to keep the obsidian dwarves away from combat, but as I base careers on statistics, sometimes it's impossible to avoid that Legendary Swordsdwarf (Obsidian) who migrates to the fort.
Can farms be lit on fire?  I've never checked.
Hmm, my orc adventurer was assigned to slay a demon.  But the task is centered on the town itself.  Is it possible the task is below the town?  As in, dozens of Z-levels down in a mysterious place of instant death?
I dont think plowed field and half-grown plants can burn in DF.
I had nasty times when soldier aspid's breath paralysis-cant-breathe killed 15 war dogs many weeks ago.
It might be the case that the demon is the local ruler, they can often convince the people that they are an incarnation of their deity.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

I try to keep the obsidian dwarves away from combat, but as I base careers on statistics, sometimes it's impossible to avoid that Legendary Swordsdwarf (Obsidian) who migrates to the fort.
Can farms be lit on fire?  I've never checked.
Hmm, my orc adventurer was assigned to slay a demon.  But the task is centered on the town itself.  Is it possible the task is below the town?  As in, dozens of Z-levels down in a mysterious place of instant death?
I dont think plowed field and half-grown plants can burn in DF.
I had nasty times when soldier aspid's breath paralysis-cant-breathe killed 15 war dogs many weeks ago.
It might be the case that the demon is the local ruler, they can often convince the people that they are an incarnation of their deity.

Best move is to stick all the obsidian dwarves in a squad by themselves.
Same with Aspids. Actually, just make an aspid colony by itself in the caverns. Really. It'll be easier that way. Don't give them a lever to get back inside.

That demon is likely the local leader. If you attack it, the town will turn on you. You're just a patsy!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Been playing this, and it's awesome, but I can't seem to find the crematorium anywhere. Was it removed or am I blind?

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile

Been playing this, and it's awesome, but I can't seem to find the crematorium anywhere. Was it removed or am I blind?

Pretty sure it's been removed.  I believe another building does the same thing, so Deon removed it.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Okay, I think I figured out what building it is, thanks.  :D

And as a final question, is there any trick to using the stat building workshops? My dwarves seem to get addicted to them and train themselves until they starve to death. In one case, even if I disabled the train swimming task, he'd just mill around the pool until I added it again and refused to do anything else. :o

Was that just a freak incident or did I miss something?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have been noticing that "light yellow diamond" clusters show as blue while in situ. Is that deliberate?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I think it's just a coloring error, I will fix it, thank you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile

And as a final question, is there any trick to using the stat building workshops? My dwarves seem to get addicted to them and train themselves until they starve to death. In one case, even if I disabled the train swimming task, he'd just mill around the pool until I added it again and refused to do anything else. :o

Was that just a freak incident or did I miss something?

I think it's a freak accident.  With the stat workshops, my dwarves will usually put them as a priority above all other jobs, but I've never had one put the task above eating, drinking, or sleeping.  They also seem to have a very odd habit of always picking certain stat-building tasks above others, when they have a choice.

Doctor:  When presented with "study medical notes at the library", and "practice *insert medical skill here*", they will always pick the former.  Library seems to always trump anatomical theater.  Training dummy trumps library.  Normal theater trumps training dummy.  And of course, they'll always completely ignore any other task assigned.

My problem now is the pretty standard "My military won't keep their armor on" issue.  Well, sometimes.  It's pretty arbitrary - they'll go pick up a helmet, or a mail shirt, but won't keep the rest on (They'll put it on for a move or kill order and then drop it wherever they are when it's canceled).  However, this is probably a vanilla DF problem.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it's just a coloring error, I will fix it, thank you.

Figured I'd ask, thanks.

I have a "Wild" Ithillid. It is in the second cavern, all by itself

Is this expected behaviour? Your wiki didn't seem to have any info, and it is a mite odd.

EDIT: reread the wiki. Cool!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:15:46 am by Flaede »
[/quote]

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Try setting a maximum skill level (like novice) in the training workshop. Also can try assigning a certain dwarf to that workshop (and excluding everyone else).
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

please nerf mummies or something?
really annoying when you run into em, just to get some rotten flies on you and melt to death 5 turns later, (ignore if already fix'd)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's not "fixed", I was tired how you cold insta-kill pretty everything and added some frost wyrms, lost adventurers, mummies and gelatinous cubes for extra challenge. You can still easily kill them if you know what you do, but some losses are expected.

I will place them in a separate file for the next release, so you could delete this file and play without them. Still you can get the same result from random forgotten beasts btw.

And it's time for an updaaaate! 3.13! Give me some time :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, 3.13 is updated. Let me upload it.
There're a few fixes, like ents appearing now, some changes to civ distribution (demons cover many parts of the map now) and other tweaks to creatures and some graphical fixes/additions.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.12b/13ϟ]: please wait, uploading...
« Reply #3178 on: September 15, 2010, 12:58:32 pm »

Due to the fact that the old-styled cities are gone (where you could trade and find people to give quests) I will maintain two versions : 3.12x and 3.13x, first for better adventure mode experience, second for the new version.

DFFD went down, wait for me to upload again :/.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, so that's uploaded. If you want the old adventure mode experience with the new fixes, get 3.12b.
If you want a bugless Fortress Mode and/or new farmlands, get 3.13.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 642