Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228981 times)

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems to be bug:

Whenever i craft something in adventure mode, it uses whole stack of bones, not just one or two.

So to make a bone two-hander i used 47 dragon raptor bones one leather and 15 bear bones.

Same with throwing, i cant throw them one by one. Just a whole stacks.
And doesn't it seems NOT to be Genesis-related? That's how Toady made the game...

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

So something is wrong, as kidneys got many hits.
Nothing's wrong. Everyone knows a dwarf's kidney is larger than any other race, for obvious reasons.  ;)
Nah, it's the liver for the booze and mushroom poisons. Kidney for filtering water-soluble unwanted stuff out from the system.

With steel gear 30 vs 30, there's 26 bruises to left kidney, 28 to right kidney, 13 to spleen, 68 to liver, 40 to stomach etc.
and 0,0,0 on the male now-internal bits and 0,0,0,0 on the female now-internal bits, so that's my concern, zero genital hits now that they're internal in my raws.

Edit: tuned some more. Roll 1200-year world. Try dark dwarf unarmored adventurer:
"The Gargoyle snatches at You in the lower body, bruising the muscle and bruising the womb!"
"The Gargoyle snatches at You in the lower body, bruising the muscle and bruising the left ovary!"
"The Blizzard Man punches You in the lower body with its right hand, bruising the muscle and bruising the womb!"
Yay success! Maybe it was the ":STP" that was missing from the organs. But maybe it was because of DarkDwarf... now to try a real dwarf.

Edit 2: Success! moss dwarf male spear-adventurer:
"The Miner strikes You     in the lower body with his red steel pick     tearing the muscle and tearing the left testicle     through the forest spider silk robe!"
"You stab The Butcher     in the lower body with your w-iron spear     tearing the muscle and tearing the right ovary     through the arachna silk robe!"
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:39:43 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

HappyNihil

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

No. They don't work  :( (if their gonna ban something, they would have gotten rid of all the bypasses.) But thanks anyway.
Are you sure? Did you use Tor correctly?
It would be very hard to "ban" it. (it bypasses China's firewall and worked ok during lastyears Iran demonstrations)

Try some obscure proxy, something from Virgin Islands, Moldova, or something like that.
http://www.xroxy.com/proxylist.php?port=&type=&ssl=&country=VI&latency=&reliability=#table
(pick some country and try a few)

ad Dwarf mc dwarf:
Both slow down your browser, HSS by not so much, Tor substantionally. Basically use them only for the sites you need them for and then turn them off.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

No. They don't work  :( (if their gonna ban something, they would have gotten rid of all the bypasses.) But thanks anyway.
Huh? You believe in "they" too much. There's no spoon, Neo :). There're always ways to bypass. Keep on trying.

What exactly "didn't work" for you?

I have curious problem with war animals - they are not attacking enemy until being attacked, is this typical?
It's not, my  dogs happily attack anyone. Maybe your war animals are assigned to someone so are busy following?

also, whatever i use as war animal is being killed in seconds even by skulking vermins..is this ok?
It's not. Take elephants, they can kite and kill a lot of stuff. Skulking vermin? What is it? Maybe it has some deadly poison which killed your war animals ;).

it's ennerving seeing two elephants killed in no time by one feeble kobold(?), or vermin..
1) It was not a feeble kobold, probably he was an adept dodger or something... Common animals start with "common" stats while civilized ones can train a lot and become good warriors. Are you sure the elephants were not weak/flimsy? Are you sure the kobold didn't one-shot them first in some critical organs so they were bleeding and slow? Post a combat log please, I am curious about it.
2) Vermin cannot attack, you were probably drunk when you played :).
3) It's a known DF "problem" that small creatures can kill big ones, because the numbers are quite arbitrary and there're ways to bend the formulas with high skills. Also Genesis Elephants are much stronger than vanilla elephants while Kobolds are not, so go try that in vanilla game, they will die much faster :D.

i wonder, if wouldn't be easier to use proxy and downloader to just download chosen vids, than trying to stream it to watch in realtime with weird methods
Technically it's the same, unless someone downloads it and uploads it somewhere for you.

upd: also, imho, specialized yt downloaders may use their servers to tunnel vids
And specialized youtube players may use their own tunneling methods too :). It's just a matter of time to find which one works.

Whenever i craft something in adventure mode, it uses whole stack of bones, not just one or two.
It does the same in fortress mode too, and it's a problem of the current DF reaction system :(. Throw a bone and pick it up if you want to use only one. You should be able to throw them one buy one. At least it definitely works with coins, so it should with any stacked items.

so that's my concern, zero genital hits now that they're internal in my raws.
Did you by chance forget to remove EMBEDDED from them? I haven't checked your raws yet, I was busy with a UNI. I think INTERNAL + EMBEDDED bodyparts cannot be hit.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:14:41 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, it's the liver for the booze and mushroom poisons.

Argh dammit! I always get those two mixed up (happened in my biology test quite awhile ago).

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, you keep talking about that "weight lifting" workshop that improves the shield skill, but it is nowhere to be found.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

Deon, you keep talking about that "weight lifting" workshop that improves the shield skill, but it is nowhere to be found.

I can't see it in Genesis 3.1 (which is separate from my current raws)
Yeah it's bugged somehow, can't see where.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TRAIN_SHIELD]
    [NAME:Train with weights (shield)]
    [BUILDING:WEIGHT_SET:CUSTOM_S]
    [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
    [SKILL:SHIELD]
Code: [Select]
[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:WEIGHT_SET]
[NAME:Weight Set]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
[WORK_LOCATION:2:2]
[BUILD_LABOR:MECHANIC]
[BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_E]
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oh wow, I forgot to add [PERMITTED_BUILDING:WEIGHT_SET] to the dwarven entity in entity_default.txt.

Thanks, I've fixed it.

Does anybody know a good tool or program to draw trees? Not plants but structures :). I want to make pictures of production chains but I don't currently feel like drawing all ore->bar->alloy trees by my hand right now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AH HA so i t wasnt just me! :D

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Oh wow, I forgot to add [PERMITTED_BUILDING:WEIGHT_SET] to the dwarven entity in entity_default.txt.

Thanks, I've fixed it.

Does anybody know a good tool or program to draw trees? Not plants but structures :). I want to make pictures of production chains but I don't currently feel like drawing all ore->bar->alloy trees by my hand right now.

You could use GUEmap. It's designed to map Interactive Fiction (text adventure) games, the results of which are always flowchartish.

http://www.cjmweb.net/GUEmap/

Edit: If you use it, send me the resulting files and I'll "print" them as images you cna post.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Thank you!

Edit: If you use it, send me the resulting files and I'll "print" them as images you cna post.
Why if I can just "printscreen" it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is because of Genesis or not but I recently got sieges by four armies at once. Two from one civ (Goblins) and two from another (Chaos Dwarves from CF). Closed up my drawbridge and began to lead them to the killing pit. They all arrived about the same time and I thought to myself this should be fun! When suddenly they began to attack each other, but it wasn't Goblins vs. Chaos Dwarves it was Goblins vs Goblins and Chaos Dwarves vs. Chaos Dwarves. I check to make sure and there is only one civilization of each listed under my civs screen. Any idea why they decided to butcher themselves?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I don't get how did you get it, I usually get 1 army per season. How did you achieve it?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is because of Genesis or not but I recently got sieges by four armies at once. Two from one civ (Goblins) and two from another (Chaos Dwarves from CF). Closed up my drawbridge and began to lead them to the killing pit. They all arrived about the same time and I thought to myself this should be fun! When suddenly they began to attack each other, but it wasn't Goblins vs. Chaos Dwarves it was Goblins vs Goblins and Chaos Dwarves vs. Chaos Dwarves. I check to make sure and there is only one civilization of each listed under my civs screen. Any idea why they decided to butcher themselves?

I suspect goblins had kidnapped other civ a lot, so the goblins were composed of other races?
I guess it would be better if all four hostile civs didn't have every season enabled/active.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, I've decided NOT to go with platinum/silver/gold weapons.

I will make a metalworking a bit straightforward. I already separated metals in .txt. files in "common", "precious" and "warfare".

However I plan to add an alchemy system later so there's a need in clear classification for a working system.

Right now the "ironworks" metal smelting system looks like this:

Red metals being the ones suitable for weapons. I will make a similar picture for the bronze, but I think everyone knows how to make it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 642