Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229365 times)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.11 ϟ] - a GrandFix
« Reply #3015 on: September 08, 2010, 12:08:33 pm »

PM me, if you want to share, what machine is this.
if it's shutting down like that, it really may be hardware/bios settings problem, maybe fixable in some easy ways. also, i can strongly recommend checking air flow in coolers' vents, sometimes small dustball may have quite an impact on temps and stability..
sometimes(especially, if it is athlon xp, i.e.) bios can set cpu wrong way, or memory has wrong timings set..etc etc...maybe i can help.
you'd better avoid worst scenario for progressing blackouts: dying capacitors on mobo(check for not flat caps on these), or dying power source(quick-check of voltages in bios)...

anyway, PM me, if crashes persists.

for getting more fps by init edit you may try changing engine used([PRINT_MODE:STANDARD] to some other one). it may be very dependable on machine, so who knows(standard usually works best, but..).

Good luck.

upd: you may try embarking on medium/small map, with embark 3x3 or smaller to check, if you get more fps, btw. some may recommend editing world cave parametres to ease cpu strain..

also, limiting pop_cap may help you in long-term game too(and it changes game style, in nice way).

Hey, thanks man. I was gonna go get my computer's insides and outsides cleaned one of these days (damn you procrastination  >:(), then wiped clean for a fresh start.

Whenever I embark at a 3*3 site, the sedimentary layers have too little bituminous coal and lignite in them to fuel the metal industries I run, and since I play desert forts (for the moniter lizards and camels. saves me getting 'dwarven' war and food animals like mastiffs and cave tortoises. besides,war lizards are cooler than war dogs), I have only the underground for charcoal. And mind you, that's not alot.

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: September 08, 2010, 12:18:42 pm »

Whenever I embark at a 3*3 site, the sedimentary layers have too little bituminous coal and lignite in them to fuel the metal industries I run, and since I play desert forts (for the moniter lizards and camels. saves me getting 'dwarven' war and food animals like mastiffs and cave tortoises. besides,war lizards are cooler than war dogs), I have only the underground for charcoal. And mind you, that's not alot.

Look for peat. Peat is an amazingly helpful stone

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: September 08, 2010, 12:36:40 pm »

Yea, guess they would help if I were gonna start a fortress in a swamp.

Hey, Deon, could you perhaps add more kinds of coal found in the sedimentary layers? In the Dig Dwarfier (and possible Dig Deeper) mod, theres a Anthracite Coal. Theres also subbituminous coal (which i searched up on google), and also something about graphite being usable as fuel. Would you consider those additional fuel sources?

By the way, speaking of metal industries, does magma industries negates the use of coal fuel entirely? I've never used magma before (shame on me), and is rather curious on that paticular area.

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: September 08, 2010, 12:52:32 pm »

If you have magma none of your forges or smelters need fuel!
Diggy diggy hole.

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: September 08, 2010, 01:08:19 pm »

For some reason I always fail to bother to dig down to magma and get my industry going near magma. I guess I just like to have my smelters work on tons of peat and coal to buff up their smelting skill.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3020 on: September 08, 2010, 01:09:33 pm »

Pan, you can try making Your bituminous coal more abundant with
inorganic_stone_mineral.txt

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And rolling a new world. Or in existing world, make one bituminous explode into 50 coke instead of 3. (In reaction_smelter.txt)

To Deon: I just put POPRATIOs into serpentfolk, made salamanders and medusas rare and put child:7 instead of 1.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:46:19 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: September 08, 2010, 01:51:34 pm »

hell ya i made it to where i can cremate my corpses old school viking style at the altar of nature :D

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #3022 on: September 08, 2010, 04:02:52 pm »

From the journal of Inkyslings:

Siege begins, overview:

Here's the region-zip, for Legends, Adventuring!, and reclaiming by digging dwarves. (large, 22 MB)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/Tomis_after-Inkyslings_region6.zip
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:17:08 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: September 08, 2010, 05:37:30 pm »

Wow, why noone noticed that one before?
Vermin remiains are renamed in stocks menu, eg nord is rat and horse is 2 legged lizard. Judging by the stats, they have sexes :s
Also outpost minds are again broken, one can pound them for days and do nothing or can kill them in 2 swings. That or turning temp off makes them invincble.

Also, deon, please make keepers and ezrakim elves less violent. Its not my fault that the diplomat or caravan happens to run into an ambush. One such incident and they both start a 2 year long siege that makes the caravans to stop coming and reduces fps big time for no reason.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:26:22 pm by Z1000000m »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: September 08, 2010, 09:56:33 pm »

For some reason I always fail to bother to dig down to magma and get my industry going near magma. I guess I just like to have my smelters work on tons of peat and coal to buff up their smelting skill.

Heh. Same here. But it's also kind of because I don't feel like killing my FPS by digging through all three cavern layers.

Thanks Tomitapio for the raw thingy. Guess I won't be running out of coal anytime soon!

Also, deon, please make keepers and ezrakim elves less violent. Its not my fault that the diplomat or caravan happens to run into an ambush. One such incident and they both start a 2 year long siege that makes the caravans to stop coming and reduces fps big time for no reason.

Well, you could try getting really good relations with them by giving them large profit margins and loads of offerings to their leaders. Dead enemy gear is good for that, and so is a ton of lavish prepared meals. I always figured the diplomatic relations is a bit like a dwarf's mood. As long as he dined in a legendary dining room, then admired a completely sublime Trade Depot, he will still be ecstatic if his wife died. Not sure if I'm right, but I never got a siege from them, even once where their entire caravan was massacred along with the diplomat. That happened twice. I also siezed some goods once. They kept coming.

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: September 08, 2010, 10:03:21 pm »

Heh. Same here. But it's also kind of because I don't feel like killing my FPS by digging through all three cavern layers.

Thanks Tomitapio for the raw thingy. Guess I won't be running out of coal anytime soon!

You could always use reveal.exe to show you were to build your stairs so you don't breach the caverns.
Diggy diggy hole.

negorath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: September 08, 2010, 10:47:27 pm »

Ok, this is getting silly, we really need some kind of cod piece, because them testicles are getting hurt WAY too much :o

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: September 08, 2010, 11:23:06 pm »

You could always use reveal.exe to show you were to build your stairs so you don't breach the caverns.
Never figured out how to get the utilities in.

Ok, this is getting silly, we really need some kind of cod piece, because them testicles are getting hurt WAY too much :o

I agree.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: September 08, 2010, 11:25:01 pm »

That reminds me (When we're talking about testicles, that may not be the most common phrase); I'm new to adventure mode, and have been trying to work out wrestling.  I find it kind of odd that I can grab individual toes and fingers, arms, and legs, and break them, take enemies down, or throw them by those limbs (I presume Take-down and throw stun enemies?) - but then my random companion can take an enemy by, say, the upper body or the phallus and shake them violently.

Are there any moves that can be done on the head, torso, or extremities like facial tentacles or the phallus?

I second the cod piece on grounds that bears and alligators tend to go straight for the phallus or testicles for their wrestling moves, and it's getting old!

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: September 08, 2010, 11:34:02 pm »

Instead of putting more armour into a ridiculously complex armour system, why not just remove the sex organs?  They serve no useful purpose anyway.
Diggy diggy hole.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 642