Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228964 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.11 ϟ] - a GrandFix
« Reply #2910 on: September 04, 2010, 04:03:15 am »

You are wrong, it's only peat. And it's a stone, thus it can be smoothed, there's no way around that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: September 04, 2010, 05:56:40 am »

not sure if it has been mentioned already but....

you seem to be able to butcher corpses with the firebolt arrows and/or bolts, as they are counted as a 'sharp object'.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: September 04, 2010, 07:03:13 am »

Yeah, and spears too. Any edged weapons work.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: September 04, 2010, 07:11:14 am »

I too noticed that FPS constantly drops, like -20 fps every year (or so) with stable fort, even with inv off

That being said, I doubt its the right place to discuss that kind of stuff

That is mainly because the number of items on the map is growing. You should try to dump all kind of sh*t on the map.

Funny thing is that I noticed this when running a test fort for new df (back then, i think 06 or so). Inv off, low pop cap, pregnancies off etc. I was dumping every single useless stone, not making many crafts and not mining at all.

Weird stuff....if you dump everything, the mem should be cleared, if there are no memory leaks......what happens if you reload your game after you dumped everything? The memory should be "cleared" for sure in that case. Am I wrong?

What i noticed during my play at a glacier area is that when you channel a mountain and clear every stone (not hard with ice if you make it boil), it will still cripple your fps badly. And the only change is changing ground tiles into empty tiles.

Something is very wrong, that is for sure....perhaps I should test this as well....I will do it later on, and if the memory isn't cleared, we should report this.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: September 04, 2010, 03:28:55 pm »

FPS drop is inevitable. I usually just do my homework or read a book while waiting for the sieges and ambushes (or anything notable) to happen. When it gets really bad, I slaughter animals. It usually works.

Oh, I also have this minor little problem. It probrably isn't genesis, but whenever my military takes their month off to civilian duties (so there isn't that 'angered by long patrol duty' thought), and a siege/ambush occurs, I would order all squads to move to the gate via the squad section. Whenever that happens, any previous elite status (Hammerlord, Axelord, Spearmasters etc) are not retained until the next time they gain exp.

Anyone know how to prevent that? It never happened when I was playing 40d.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:30:43 pm by Pan »

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: September 04, 2010, 07:39:52 pm »

Deon,
    Altar of Nature
    • sacrifice ash:  Didn't seem to be working.  I messed around with it some and this [PRODUCT:50:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:OAK:WOOD] seemed to work.
      Charcoal Furnace
      • make charcoal (furnace):  This building has only one reaction, can the hotkey be 'c' rather than 'C'
      • make ash (furnace):  Between clear glass and bricks, I almost never have enough ash.  I added the following to my install of Genesis and I'm offering it to you in case you'd like to include it.
        • [REACTION:MAKE_ASH_FURNACE]
          [NAME:make ash (furnace)]
          [BUILDING:FURNACE_CHARCOAL:CUSTOM_A]
          [REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
          [PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NONE:ASH:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
          [SKILL:WOOD_BURNING]

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2916 on: September 05, 2010, 12:57:37 am »

Is there any way I can personally edit the file that produces the ratio of male to female dwarves?

It's hard coming up with 198 female names and only two male nicknames !

Pan

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2917 on: September 05, 2010, 01:44:31 am »

I don't really see the problem with all the female and male ratios. I currently have 51 male dwarves and 49 female dwarves in my fortress. In other fortresses, I also have even numbers of both genders.

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #2918 on: September 05, 2010, 02:22:49 am »

Deon,
        Altar of Nature
        • sacrifice ash:  Didn't seem to be working.  I messed around with it some and this [PRODUCT:50:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:OAK:WOOD] seemed to work.
          Charcoal Furnace
          • make charcoal (furnace):  This building has only one reaction, can the hotkey be 'c' rather than 'C'
          • make ash (furnace):  Between clear glass and bricks, I almost never have enough ash.  I added the following to my install of Genesis and I'm offering it to you in case you'd like to include it.
            • [REACTION:MAKE_ASH_FURNACE]
              [NAME:make ash (furnace)]
              [BUILDING:FURNACE_CHARCOAL:CUSTOM_A]
              [REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
              [PRODUCT:100:2:BAR:NONE:ASH:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
              [SKILL:WOOD_BURNING]
          These happened to me to, still in job manager tho, and like soap disappearing in vanilla it can be ordered just the 'shops can get confused.[/list][/list]
          "Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
            • View Profile
          « Reply #2919 on: September 05, 2010, 07:25:51 am »

Is there any way I can personally edit the file that produces the ratio of male to female dwarves?

It's hard coming up with 198 female names and only two male nicknames !

Just name them whatever you want. Gender matters much less then cast. Although it is rather wierd when you see that "Master Chief" has given birth to a baby girl....
          Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
            • View Profile
          « Reply #2920 on: September 05, 2010, 08:44:49 am »

So, I'm playing into my 5th year in my new fortress. For some reason, after my first wave of immigrants in the second year I'm not getting any more at all, nor am I receiving any trade caravans from my fellow dwarfs for some reason.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
          • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
            • View Profile
          « Reply #2921 on: September 05, 2010, 09:02:46 am »

Are you sure they exist in your world, Vorbicon?

omglazers: the ratio values are POP_RATIO in creature_genesis.txt.

Pan: they should gain their "skill status" when they are activated.

MiamiBryce: Good suggestions, I will consider this.

There was no updates recently (very unusual for me) due to my starting university work, but I should patch some stuff up soon, adding suggestions and fixing platinum gear for goblins.
          ▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
          • OldGenesis since 2012
            • View Profile
            • My Flickr animal photos
          « Reply #2922 on: September 05, 2010, 09:02:50 am »

So, I'm playing into my 5th year in my new fortress. For some reason, after my first wave of immigrants in the second year I'm not getting any more at all, nor am I receiving any trade caravans from my fellow dwarfs for some reason.
          Press 'c' for civ screen, look at parent civ's leaders, realize the civ have all died or moved to your settlement. A common problem, but that again, more FPS for you.

ps. my current fort had 0-1 fps for a while, forest fire and flayer siege :)
          « Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 10:35:41 am by TomiTapio »
          ==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
          47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
          OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
          My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
          • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
            • View Profile
          « Reply #2923 on: September 05, 2010, 09:03:15 am »

I finally somehow ninjad TomiTapio. Hehe.
          ▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vorbicon

• Bay Watcher
            • View Profile
          « Reply #2924 on: September 05, 2010, 09:16:34 am »

Press 'c' for civ screen, look at parent civ's leaders, realize the civ have all died or moved to your settlement. A common problem, but that again, more FPS for you.

ps. my current fort had 0-1 fps for a while, forest fire and flayer siege :)

Ugh. Meaning I'm stuck at only 19 dwarfs and nothing interesting (sieges, etc.) will happen. Time to abandon I guess.
          Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 642