Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228570 times)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.11 ϟ] - a GrandFix
« Reply #2775 on: August 27, 2010, 09:28:53 pm »

they do...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: August 27, 2010, 10:13:11 pm »

Um, minor question Deon, why is light yellow diamond cyan if it's light yellow? ???
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

rainekage

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no ASCII designation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: August 28, 2010, 12:15:43 am »

6 coal, not fuel. It still requires an additional fuel for a normal blast furnace (and magma for magma blast furnace).

So the main difference is that the magma doesn't take that additional fuel for the smelting process to take place?  Thanks!

They are usually okay for me. maybe I should increase their biome settings a little. On Genesis (medium) they almost always survive.

It's probably my biome settings, I often end up with a MASSIVE amount of aquifers (as in, over half the map) as a result of attempting to get a few areas of awesome volcano-age.

All hostile civs but werewolves require you to reach some level in population, production or trade. Illithids come at level 5 which is equal to the maximum level of fortress (maximum by numbers, everything higher is considered the same); I think lvl5 wealth is 300'000 but it could change in the last version or I may be wrong. Just trade more and get more dwarves. Also make sure that when you embark there's an access to other civs (including hostile); they should be listed on the "neighbours" screen in the embark mode.

Ah, that's what I meant, I've never seen a siege on Genesis - and with the exception of Dusk Elves (and sometimes one of the then-human races), I would have every race on the "Neighbor" screen, including all the hostiles (red lines and all)  - Werewolves just don't show up to siege, period.  Maybe I haven't gotten enough dwarves or wealth for the rest, but I figured I'd at least see werewolves after several years.  They're there, I even went into legends and made sure it wasn't a civ of like 1.

You mean the whole time? You can start without animals but with time they should travel through your location. Every region on map has a set amount of critters, and their frequency parameter determines how often can they enter your map. It's partially a random luck, and partially a world generation result.

Also I think I haven't added SAVAGE critters so savage biomes (like untamed wilds) may look lifeless in comparison to common biomes. I will work on it, thanks.[/quote]

Maybe that's it; I tend to have hunters complain on and off again for years about "There is nothing to hunt" and the fisherdwarves, "There is nothign to catch in the central swamps - there is nothing to catch in the brook - etc etc"   I thought maybe they just hunted when I wasn't looking, but nothing was ever added to the "deceased" list on the unit screen, so apparently not.  Maybe the wild generation on the worlds I was genning were off badly?  I'll try a Genesis Medium and report back on the siege and animal life thing.

A final request for now, just not for Deon in particular - I don't want to ask for a comparison of the millions of exotic weapons - Naginata, Katana, Wakizashi, Scourge, Glaive, Barbed Spear, Thunder Hammer, Ice Axe, etc - that would take forever, but can someone maybe very briefly explain how the weapons RAWS work out?  I really can't make sense of them, and under "Weapons" on the wiki, it really just says "Bigger weapons do more damage".

Just got back from doing security for a golf tournament.  Time to try out the new version and see if those bugs were just oddities in my worldgen info!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:21:41 am by rainekage »

Osdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: August 28, 2010, 03:54:17 am »

Ah, that's what I meant, I've never seen a siege on Genesis - and with the exception of Dusk Elves (and sometimes one of the then-human races), I would have every race on the "Neighbor" screen, including all the hostiles (red lines and all)  - Werewolves just don't show up to siege, period.  Maybe I haven't gotten enough dwarves or wealth for the rest, but I figured I'd at least see werewolves after several years.  They're there, I even went into legends and made sure it wasn't a civ of like 1.

Has anyone actually got a siege in the first year any more? I mean, I have goblins at war with my on a base dwarf fort game, and i changed all the triggers for siege to the lowest level (I left it on 1 wealth created required, just in case) and 5 years later, nothing, it seems to be something 2010 wise, because 40d civs at war with you would be trying to kill you in the first year, it just doesn't seem to happen any more.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.1 ϟ] - a GrandFix
« Reply #2779 on: August 28, 2010, 05:44:42 am »

Here it is: 3.11 patch.

Just extract the contents of an appropriate archive into your /raw folder. I release it separately to reduce the download size. I will include it in a main download when I make another big update.

Also, anyone can contribute to df-genesis.wikidot.com. Pan already edited the caste section. Come on, help me to fill it, I am a bit busy now and it can greatly help others.
Do I need 3.1.1 for it to work or can I just copy it over my 3.04?

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: August 28, 2010, 05:54:42 am »

Also, anyone can contribute to df-genesis.wikidot.com.

I've never been around to build a wiki from scratch, but I'll do what I can!

Also, I hope the patch includes the world gen scripts. Ill download it and find out a moment :)

Would it not be easier just to add to the DF wiki? Have your own epic page?

Will you add an embark profle?

Great Mod tho  8)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:57:27 am by Nabobalis »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2781 on: August 28, 2010, 06:15:26 am »

Do I need 3.1 for it[3.11] to work or can I just copy it over my 3.04?
I think it will work, just delete your old raw folder and put the raw folder from graphical or ascii from  3.11 there. 3.11 should use the same Ironhand tileset as 3.04.

I agree with Nabo, would be easier to have a five-screenfuls-long Genesis page on the magmawiki. Links to vanilla DF's wiki pages, and many people already have a magmawiki username and there's the TALK page of each wiki page there.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 06:22:19 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: August 28, 2010, 06:51:26 am »

Do I need 3.1.1 for it to work or can I just copy it over my 3.04?
You need to download 3.1 and put 3.11 on top, 3.1 has different graphical files which are mapped differently. I've added missing creature graphics so I had to enlarge existing files.

Quote from: Nabobalis
It would be too big and hard to browse :). I actually plan to make a .hlp file with pictures and info but it will take some time.

Quote from: TomiTapio
I agree with Nabo, would be easier to have a five-screenfuls-long Genesis page on the magmawiki. Links to vanilla DF's wiki pages, and many people already have a magmawiki username and there's the TALK page of each wiki page there.
I agree that it would be nice to have a page on magmawiki, however I don't really see a point of wikitalk because forums work better for this (and they are easier to read for me); also there's not poin to make a blank page because I am not really font of placeholders of any kind. Once we gather some info (and I check it :P) I will definitely make it. I was busy this night with my friend, we were drinking vodka and playing Starcraft II in platinum league. It was fun to play in a half-drunk state because we were missing hotkeys and loudly swearing about that :D.

Has anyone actually got a siege in the first year any more?
I've lost two 3.11 forts to early werewolf siege (year 1). So it looks like it's pretty random.

Quote from: Tarran
Um, minor question Deon, why is light yellow diamond cyan if it's light yellow? ???
Thanks, I will fix that.

MyamiBryce: I like the ideas you have for the lead. It always looked to me like this metal could be used in more ways than it is now.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 06:55:04 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2783 on: August 28, 2010, 07:07:14 am »

Heh, rolled a new world for a new fort, and checked out the populations:
85: Torahammastykkää, "Tuskfancied", a town
   Owner: The Band of Gulfs, orcs
   Parent Civ: The Union of Relics, orcs
   1092 orcs
Damn that's a big town. I have Orcs at
   [MAX_POP_NUMBER:10000]
   [MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:300]
Maybe... they are in a spot where they can not make a second town? (looks at Legends) Can't really find them on the map.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: August 28, 2010, 07:35:55 am »

Maybe they fought a war and were forced to move there?

Look here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64157.0

Also I've added some articles for most races with biome infos and description to the wiki.
I plan to work more on illithids so I don't want to make a page about them yet.

Also I plan to add TRANCES to orcs. They should be experienced meditating fighters after all.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: August 28, 2010, 07:54:22 am »

Argh, I have a problem.

I build a magmaworkshop down below, and a stairway through the cave to get there. I built a wall around it to protect my dwarfs.
But now a Blind Cave Ogre, stands outside the walls and my dwarfs are stuck down there, since they can't move by the stairs.

Shouldn't it be so that the wall protect them and they would be able to go without being scared? :/
Right now they've started to starv and thirst.

I've tried to dig a new stairway but to no luck.
Any help?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: August 28, 2010, 07:56:00 am »

Are you sure you haven't blocked your paths to the said magma workshop with workshop itself? It has unpathable tiles which are dark when you build it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: August 28, 2010, 07:57:48 am »

Nope, they have been using it all the time.
Now I get flooded with "Interupted by Blind cave ogre"

I don't know if it matters but the wall is just on the first Z-level. Not all the way to the seeling of the cave.

This maybe not have anything to do with this mod, tho?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:00:38 am by Ladde »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: August 28, 2010, 08:01:32 am »

Maybe they fought a war and were forced to move there?

Look here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64157.0

Also I've added some articles for most races with biome infos and description to the wiki.
I plan to work more on illithids so I don't want to make a page about them yet.

Also I plan to add TRANCES to orcs. They should be experienced meditating fighters after all.
Will they be Martial Trances or something else?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: August 28, 2010, 08:06:14 am »

[TRANCES] = creature can enter martial trance when there're a few enemies around it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 642