Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228680 times)

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.03 ϟ] - ents
« Reply #2715 on: August 26, 2010, 03:29:37 pm »

I will release 3.1. It's a MAJOR bug fix. I think I squished most of the bugs, new and long-term too.

Any idea on the ability to move a save game from the old version to the new one?

Otherwise I'll just cheat and make SPEED:0 to rebuild my current fort :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: August 26, 2010, 03:53:02 pm »

I think it's impossible. At first, I removed many plants. Also I fixed and changed many animals and tweaked their biomes. And weapons are different too, so you'd better start a new one. This one will be without glitches and bugs ;).

I am already uploading the 3.1, wait a bit more.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: August 26, 2010, 03:53:42 pm »

I will release 3.1. It's a MAJOR bug fix. I think I squished most of the bugs, new and long-term too.

Any idea on the ability to move a save game from the old version to the new one?

Otherwise I'll just cheat and make SPEED:0 to rebuild my current fort :P
You need to copy the normal game raws and put them in the save raws.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: August 26, 2010, 03:59:15 pm »

It won't work because many of the stuff is gone (like weird named trees, excess plants and some weapons).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: August 26, 2010, 04:02:58 pm »

Hey, I've been playing this mod and I've noticed that Orcs are not hostile. Anyone know a way I could change the entity files in order to make them siege me? I tried removing the [INTELLIGENT] and [CAN_SPEAK] tags and had no luck.

Sorry, I missed your question. Just copy an EVIL entity ("[ENTITY:EVIL]"), replace EVIL with something else and make them to have ORC instead of GOBLIN for creatures. Also don't forget to remove original orcs.
In this mod orcs are fierce and noble warriors, not skulking filth :). If you want to fight them normally, just kill their diplomat.

The version 3.1 is out

Changelog:

* a major weapon overhaul; weapons are less deadly now, spears/hammers/whips are a bit better in comparison to old slashing/blunt damage output
* tissues bleed much more; now it's harder to walk off wounds (balanced with weaker weapons which do NOT always dismember)
* graphical fixes for those critters which had no graphics (10)
* fixed caste problems on 3 critters which caused crashes
* made peat IS_STONE so it's listed in stockpiles properly
* new critter: penguin
* multiple fixes to creatures (LARGE_ROAMING, size tweaks, NOEXERT to megabeasts/semimegabeasts and other minor things)
* removed leather from vermin (so you don't get rat leather armor and knuckle worm leather gauntlets)
* new red steel alloy (steel+bauxite, in "magma crucible" furnace only)
* werewolves do not use animals (and mounts)
* illithids have a bit worse biome settings for expansion; also they require level 5 triggers to appear now

* you can now turn a leather in 5 vellums in tanner's shop
* added a scriptorium where you can use 2 vellums to make a tome of some profession
* library studies now require an appropriate tome to study a profession; there's a 5% chance that the tome will be destroyed when used

P.S. I didn't include any mythril-like alloy because I plan to brainstorm it more. Next version will focus on new alloys and reactions, so you may expect some nice alchemy and metalworking.

Also my first goal right now is to make a running wiki and to update it with vital info, like metals and workshops.

Now I will take a short break and go to sleep. If you find something wrong, I am still around the corner to fix it ASAP :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.1 ϟ] - a GrandFix
« Reply #2720 on: August 26, 2010, 04:07:46 pm »

Yay, now I can start my fortress I've been holding out on until the new version now.

Also: 5% chance for a tome to be destroyed by just reading it? That seems quite high unless dwarves are like, being brutal on the book each time they read it. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: August 26, 2010, 04:10:06 pm »

you'd better start a new one.

To me, the sign of a true DF fan is the one who looks forward to starting a new fort and changing or improving things

YAY 3.1!

Ill get it asap and give it a look :)

* you can now turn a leather in 5 vellums in tanner's shop
* added a scriptorium where you can use 2 vellums to make a tome of some profession
* library studies now require an appropriate tome to study a profession; there's a 5% chance that the tome will be destroyed when used

This is probably the best thing. The ability to add a cost to training makes it much more equitable and fair. And it makes leather a lot more important too!

Will the creation of tomes use the prose or lore skills, which are also trained at a library?

If so, I see monk dwarves in my future! Bald, robes, writing books and preforming maintenance on the temple

Also my first goal right now is to make a running wiki and to update it with vital info, like metals and workshops.

If someone establishes a wiki page, I'd be happy to contribute and work on it.

In this mod orcs are fierce and noble warriors, not skulking filth

Worf, is that you?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 04:16:33 pm by omglazers »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: August 26, 2010, 04:12:10 pm »

Yay, now I can start my fortress I've been holding out on until the new version now.

Also: 5% chance for a tome to be destroyed by just reading it? That seems quite high unless dwarves are like, being brutal on the book each time they read it. :P

Sounds appropriate to me. MOst of my books have at least a 5% chance of falling apart every time I read them.

Of course, most of my books are cheap paperbacks from the bargain bin at the thrift store. Maybe dwarves shop there?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: August 26, 2010, 04:17:07 pm »

Heh, dwarves are walking around covered in vomit, forgotten beast blood and wearing half-rotten clothes. How do you think they treat books? :P

Also 5% is not high, one tome is usually enough to get from no skill to novice. Sometimes you're unlucky though :P.

And 1 leather = 2.5 tomes, so it looks fine to me.

Also I plan to add a random chance to get an "exceptional" rare book when one writes a tome. For example, a dwarf writes a "mechanical tome". And suddenly he writes "'Gears of steel' tome" with it, and it costs a lot so you can sell it.
I didn't invent all required names for rare books (the more, the merrier) so I postponed it until the next release (because I wanted to release a bugless version sooner).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jaxicat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: August 26, 2010, 04:41:07 pm »

Wait, Jaxi! Noooo! :D

Please wait around 30 min. I will release 3.1. It's a MAJOR bug fix. I think I squished most of the bugs, new and long-term too.

No worries.  Just another excuse for me to start a new fort. ;)

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: August 26, 2010, 04:45:35 pm »

Deon, have you made weps + armor craftable using platinum? Because I just checked the RAW's to make it that way and it looks like someone done it before me ;)

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: August 26, 2010, 04:47:34 pm »

And 1 leather = 2.5 tomes, so it looks fine to me.

Its probably perfect right there. I'm one of those people though that likes to train every single person to legendary if I can, so the fact is that despite the time and cost it always seems worthwhile to me.

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: August 26, 2010, 04:51:11 pm »

Thank's for the new version, looks like I am starting a new fort tonight!  Are weapons craftable form Silver in this version?  I know in the last fort I played with Genesis I couldn't make Silver Hammers, and the reason given is because in 40d silver weapons were pants.  Obviously now they are pretty good, so is there a chance (if they aren't already) that they will be put back in?

Thanks!
Diggy diggy hole.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: August 26, 2010, 05:03:10 pm »

In this version you can use black bronze, silver, sterling silver, gold, rose gold and platinum to make weapons and armor. It was not possible before.

Deon, have you made weps + armor craftable using platinum? Because I just checked the RAW's to make it that way and it looks like someone done it before me ;)
I honestly read
Every post of this thread :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: August 26, 2010, 05:05:42 pm »

Aww, I remembered what I forgot. I've got a nice collection of worldgen scripts. I will just upload the worldgen file a bit later :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 642