Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228921 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.03 ϟ] - ents
« Reply #2685 on: August 25, 2010, 07:40:50 pm »

Is 3.04 supposed to be out? I got confused by earlier Deon posts
Nope, not out... Yet. Likely will be very soon unless Deon ends up taking so long that he has to sleep. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MiamiBryce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: August 25, 2010, 07:54:11 pm »

I seem to be able to dry briquettes with any plant type.  Not that I mind, too darn many plants than I care for anyway.

Deon, any plans to switch to a tileset that has walls that look more like walls and less like thin rock veins?  My sun gold walls don't look so good with the...rough pattern in the walls.  I did try to use another tileset I kind of enjoy but then all the plants looked REALLY weird what with the backcolors and all...so i went back to the one that comes with Genesis and use white rock for my walls, which, imo looks the best given the rough pattern.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: August 25, 2010, 07:56:27 pm »

Huh, "genesis forge"? What do you mean?

a worse adamantine.

A worse adamantine!?!? What metal is that?!?!?

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: August 25, 2010, 08:19:06 pm »

Deon, the spreadsheet-format manual could be shared as an image, like this: (already too old version's manual)

I got so goddamn sick of booting up Excel every time I just printed it to PDF

Is 3.04 supposed to be out? I got confused by earlier Deon posts
Could you upload it?
Since I don't have Excel.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: August 25, 2010, 08:27:33 pm »

just use open office

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: August 25, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »

just use open office
Just upload it as .pdf

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: August 25, 2010, 08:40:49 pm »

Okay okay, I will make a web version of manual to download. It will take a bit more time though.

I am not uploading 3.1 yet because I need to add more stuff (red steel, scriptorium) and update the manual, and it's 6 AM here. I will wake up around 11 AM and finish it :).

I seem to be able to dry briquettes with any plant type.
I'll check it.

I thought they had feathers and chirping noises. Running half-bird half-dinosaur. Not fat or bulky at all.
That's my old tile for a prehistoric mod. DF raptors have feathers. I will redraw the tile if I succeed to make it before the release. Otherwise it's still better than nothing :).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:42:50 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: August 25, 2010, 09:29:43 pm »

Okay okay, I will make a web version of manual to download. It will take a bit more time though.

Just post the xls when you're done. I'll convert it to various formats and post them. I have some software that will allow me to do this in approximately three seconds.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: August 25, 2010, 10:39:10 pm »

The next DirectX version will allow us to customize tiles, so this problem should be gone. It all depends on Baughn though.
I'd heard nothing of this prior to this post, so I did a search for "baugh directx", which turned up nothing.  This is good since such a release would break mod compatibility for Linux/Mac OS X/BSD.  Anyway, I feel a burning desire to point out that you probably meant "The next SDL version".  Keep up the good work!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: August 26, 2010, 03:57:41 am »

Yeah I meant SDL version with DirectX 10 features. The discussion is in ironhand's graphics thread and Baughn just tells that he CAN do it (replace any object with any tile, make multilevel height with transparency, multitile creature graphics, transparent water etc.), not that he has made a progress on it. It would be nice, and he will do it eventually, but there's no release date.

Also I just woke up. I slept more than intended. But at least my eyes do not burn :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: August 26, 2010, 04:28:47 am »

Okay, the skin "being chipped and broken" is fixed. It was harder than normal so the game thought it's a hard material (not enough elasticity). I've tuned it down. The description of skin damage is correct now (cut/bruised), but whips became more deadly.

On topic, I greatly increased the bleeding factor. Seeing a child with two spears in his heart and guts popping out running around as nothing happened is a bit weird.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: August 26, 2010, 04:35:11 am »

None of my adventure mode civs have whips, did you forget to add them or am I just ultra unlucky?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: August 26, 2010, 04:43:05 am »

They were out because they were too weak. Now they are quite fine so I am adding them back.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: August 26, 2010, 05:46:04 am »

I've decided to add penguins. The first test was hillarious. I didn't pay an attention to the embark biomes, so it looks like there was one square of an evil arctic ocean. Immediately my party of 7 was slaughtered by a horde of zombie penguins.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: August 26, 2010, 06:26:56 am »

The Feathered-Raptor guy: Actually, not all Raptors had feathers, only some subraces. You read it on Cracked, didn't ya? While I have a big bad-ass book 'bout dino's and there are some with feathers and some without them (Like Velociraptors)
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 642