Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228995 times)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.03 ϟ] - ents
« Reply #2655 on: August 24, 2010, 08:58:11 pm »

still no luck: a slade axe of giants wielded by a grandmaster merely "tears it apart"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: August 24, 2010, 11:50:52 pm »

Because they are embedded. Actually it's a bit intended, I didn't want them flying around. I can fine-tune them for that, it was just a start, you know :). I didn't test their behaviour much, but I will do it (but I consider it a minor issue).

I can't be the only one waiting for 3.04 or whatever version with baited breath. I haven't even started a new fort since I'm stuck waiting  :P
Yeah, sorry, I have main testing done and weapons fixed, I just wanted to add remaining stuff like scriptorium and some creature tweaks and test all remaining animals before I release it. I was just a bit busy with the preparations to my last university course. It's 1st of september soon so I was a bit busy with my diplom work. I will try to release it soon :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: August 25, 2010, 12:53:49 am »

Its ok, that was just my way of encouraging your hard work!  8)

Emesis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: August 25, 2010, 07:19:03 am »

You have to replace the [INTELLIGENT] tag with [CANLEARN] and [CANCIV].

Thanks a lot! Things to kill are definitely more interesting than a gazillion new trade partners.

Great mod  :D

EDIT: In Embark mode sites of these civilizations still show up as grey (friendly) if I try to embark on a town of theirs. I've genned a new world. Did Toady change the source of DF itself to remove the red=enemy feature, or should I be changing something in the entity file as well as the creature file?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:57:38 am by Emesis »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: August 25, 2010, 08:26:22 am »

Actually those are CAN_LEARN and CAN_CIV, and CAN_CIV is an old token which is no longer present.

With CAN_LEARN instead of INTELLIGENT (so no speaking) said races will attack (siege; they can bring up to 80 units + mounts) in the first year. Beware.

if I try to embark on a town of theirs
Any site you embark on is friendly, even goblins in vanilla.

And no, red line (--------) means "war".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2660 on: August 25, 2010, 08:31:56 am »

They say that if you add [ITEM_THIEF] to the civ, they will be usually hostile. The surest way for War is of course [BABYSNATCHER].

Deon, noticed that beholders have 32 teeth, each with relsize 100, super large.

Maybe add AMBUSHER to werewolves, and them being an early sieger, let them bring no mounts. In my worlds I think I'll have
goblins & flayers with mounts, and lizardmen & weres with no mounts. Goblins are starting to feel puny.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: August 25, 2010, 11:06:42 am »

Beholders have large teeth, what's wrong with them? :)

Yeah I didn't want mounts for werewolves, it was just not thought through. I will fix it.

Goblins feel puny? Come on. FIre throwing warlocks, bile-breathing large and strong bile demons, non-bleeding vampires... I think they are quite strong. Especially with the upcoming weapon nerf :P. Creature strength now matters more, when daggers don't chop cows in half, hehe.

Also I must admint I am guilty. I haven't worked on Genesis today because my brother showed me Dragon Age... And I was charmed by locations and monsters :). The plot is not so great, I feel like I am moving on rails (even Baldur's Gate II allowed you to side with either good or bad guys), but it allows to solve quests using different skills so it's okay. Although I feel that it's made more for a "complete this quest with any character build" rather than "different gameplay for different characters".

Anyway, dwarven rogues are awesome. I wanted to share me:

killing ogres:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
by the way, DA ogres look like DF ogres, with big size and horns and tusks :P.

Oh, also I succeeded to kill a high dragon on nightmare:

I feel that the highest difficulty ("nightmare") is still too easy, this game is quite casual. With a proper character build you can almost solo it (although many disablers encourage parties which is good).

I've only spent about 4.5 hours in the game and I am level 11 now. Killed a high dragon on lvl 11. Hehe.

P.S. More on topic. I plan to add more alloys, the game inspired me :).

You're going to see "red steel", a more durable and fire-resistant steel alloy which requires magma to smelt (and has some minor magical qualities). Also I plan to add sun gold to the list of craftable alloys (through an expensive reaction) and probably add a mythril-like metal (light and sharp) which takes a place of "minor adamantine".
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:09:06 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Setharnas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: August 25, 2010, 11:43:21 am »

P.S. More on topic. I plan to add more alloys, the game inspired me :).

You're going to see "red steel", a more durable and fire-resistant steel alloy which requires magma to smelt (and has some minor magical qualities). Also I plan to add sun gold to the list of craftable alloys (through an expensive reaction) and probably add a mythril-like metal (light and sharp) which takes a place of "minor adamantine".

Sounds vaguely like you are slightly drifting towards a kind of "Genesis Forge"... Of which I (and most probably lots of others) would highly approve. :)
(Appreciatingly stolen from thijser)
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: August 25, 2010, 12:05:00 pm »

Huh, "genesis forge"? What do you mean?

I won't increase the existing number of metals greatly. Sun gold is here for a long time, I just decided to give the dwarves a knowledge about it. I just add two quite logical metals, one as a better steel and another as a worse adamantine. And "red steel" is from Dragon age :P.

Their addition is quite logical to me, because beasts and monstrous creatures have much tougher body materials now, so you should have a way to deal with that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: August 25, 2010, 12:11:36 pm »

For my worlds I recently enabled brass and sterling silver weapons and armor, because... you want a wooden weapon to fight the wolves or a brass/silver dagger?
And, sterling silver armors are very decorative.

Oh man 46-60 FPS hurts, current dog-heavy fort has 57 dorfs and 160 animals... and crashed on this session.

should try a Fun live-in-caverns settlement now that I have the nice params for wide open caverns.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:14:12 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

Setharnas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: August 25, 2010, 12:25:19 pm »

Huh, "genesis forge"? What do you mean?

Simply a hypothetical mixmod of Genesis and CivForge (but not the existing MixMod, which is too broad in scope for my taste). I greatly enjoy both yours and Meph's mods and would love to have Obsidian dwarves blow up my fortress with Jade dwarves work in CF's alchemy workshops.
(Appreciatingly stolen from thijser)
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: August 25, 2010, 02:26:21 pm »

Hmm, on my current fortress, I get alot of "A section of cavern has collapsed!"
But it is under my fortress in undiscovered territory. What is that all about? Never had that before.
Has it something to do with Genesis?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: August 25, 2010, 02:42:10 pm »

But it is under my fortress in undiscovered territory. What is that all about? Never had that before. Has it something to do with Genesis?
It's regular DF behavior (at least in v.31.12), the algorithms that make the three cavern layers aren't perfect, and some areas collapse.
Very bad luck if upon embark, a surface river collapses into the caverns, and you get a waterfall (and huge FPS penalty).
You can change the caverns quite a bit with the worldgen parameters.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: August 25, 2010, 02:47:04 pm »

But it is under my fortress in undiscovered territory. What is that all about? Never had that before.
Has it something to do with Genesis?

no, that's normal DF...usually from an underground lake being spawned right on top of a magma pool, with no floor between them...if it is happening constantly...it's a river pouring into the magma

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: August 25, 2010, 03:25:20 pm »

Okay, that's enough of Dragon Age, I have to patch up Genesis :).

I've noticed that I forgot to draw tiles for swans and pelicans and used other tiles instead. So that's fixed now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 642