Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229005 times)

Kranchan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.81 ϟ] -> 0.31.08
« Reply #2535 on: August 16, 2010, 08:57:20 pm »

So nobody knows why I can't change layers?
There is only one possible reason for shift+. and shift+, (> and <)to not work. That is if you have changed the config.

That's the thing though. Shift+ and shift- work fine in the various menus but will not change the layer I'm on. I have tried changing the keybinds to other things and I still have the same problem where it works in menus and doesn't work when trying to change layers. They wouldn't change layers from the minute I downloaded it Deon's but they work just fine in vanilla DF.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.03 ϟ] - ents
« Reply #2536 on: August 16, 2010, 10:54:13 pm »

This mod has progressed greatly since I have last logged on. It will be fun to use all of the newer features when the new release comes out. Though I'm not sure if the Anubites in Genesis have been updated. Do Anubites tend to be really large in number? If they have a significantly larger population than most other races, then they have not received the update in Genesis. I try to get this issue addressed with them as most civs being wiped out is not as much fun ;D.

Good job, as usual, Deon, TomiTapio, and anyone else who has contributed to this mod!
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: August 17, 2010, 03:20:04 am »

I am very impressed (in general) with this mod, but I am beginnign to doubt my understanding of the dwarven castes. I've been tooling about in Adventure Mode with a moss dwarf, because I wanted to explore the underground, and they claim to be immune to "rot".

Well, let me tell you, that mummy sure dealt my poor dwarf some kinda nasty disease, because my liver seems to be bleeding out, and other body parts are following suit. The health screen sez it's "rot"

So for the record, what protection do the various dwarves have in the latest version?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:23:38 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: August 17, 2010, 03:56:30 am »

Although I appear to have about 5 hostile civs nearby (going by the 'c' screen after embarking), I've yet to see more than the odd thief and a single troll of some kind. Couldn't figure out what file controls the settings of this to look at it myself. Any ideas roughly what I need before the various factions start to attack? The werewolves and illithid have been there pretty much since I embarked, but have yet to make an appearance. I can't remember offhand exactly what the value of my fortress is (not at home to check), but I don't think I've hit 1mil yet, and a little under 60 dwarves.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: August 17, 2010, 04:36:46 am »

Well, let me tell you, that mummy sure dealt my poor dwarf some kinda nasty disease, because my liver seems to be bleeding out, and other body parts are following suit. The health screen sez it's "rot"
They are immune to "rot" from common infection, like those which start when your finger is cut.

They are NOT immune to syndromes at all.

The only castes immune to syndromes are steel dwarves and gloomers.

Any ideas roughly what I need before the various factions start to attack?
I don't really think what's going on here, I mean I know that the more value/dwarves you have, the more siegers and ambushers come, but sometimes they are HUNDREDS and sometimes just a few. There must be some another weird formula of Toady One, like that with attack but more complex :).

Also, did you get them at WAR (red "-----" line) during embark, and not yellow "No Trade"?

Check in "c"iv screen if parent dwarf civ has leaders, if not, they have ALL migrated to you and your town is the Last Hope of dwarfkind!
That one. No leaders at all, and me with "Expedition leader:, not even Mayor :E
So..why no births there...postraumatic depression, or something?
Damn, weird situation for me, like freezing in time now, any progress stopped.

How many married dwarves do you have? Married pairs should make 1 child per year, not married dwarves will never make children.

So nobody knows why I can't change layers?
There is only one possible reason for shift+. and shift+, (> and <)to not work. That is if you have changed the config.

That's the thing though. Shift+ and shift- work fine in the various menus but will not change the layer I'm on. I have tried changing the keybinds to other things and I still have the same problem where it works in menus and doesn't work when trying to change layers. They wouldn't change layers from the minute I downloaded it Deon's but they work just fine in vanilla DF.
Could you upload your game folder with this problem? It always works for me.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: August 17, 2010, 04:51:20 am »

Any ideas roughly what I need before the various factions start to attack?
I don't really think what's going on here, I mean I know that the more value/dwarves you have, the more siegers and ambushers come, but sometimes they are HUNDREDS and sometimes just a few. There must be some another weird formula of Toady One, like that with attack but more complex :).

Also, did you get them at WAR (red "-----" line) during embark, and not yellow "No Trade"?

I can't remember now. I assume I can abandon, check the civs on embark at the same place and then savescum. I haven't even seen anything more threatening than an Elk either; I hope I didn't embark somewhere terribly boring by accident.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2541 on: August 17, 2010, 06:44:59 am »

This mod has progressed greatly since I have last logged on. It will be fun to use all of the newer features when the new release comes out. Though I'm not sure if the Anubites in Genesis have been updated. Do Anubites tend to be really large in number? If they have a significantly larger population than most other races, then they have not received the update in Genesis. I try to get this issue addressed with them as most civs being wiped out is not as much fun ;D.
I think in current Genesis the Anubites don't have a civilization, they just wander the wilds like animals.

The attacks from hostiles, maybe need 45 citizens to get a goblin ambush. Probably helps if you offer 10 000 to 20 000 coins worth of stuff to your civ's mountainhomes.
Read http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/40d_Talk:Siege  for siege trigger discussion.

"There is only one possible reason for shift+. and shift+, (> and <)to not work. "
or you have a non-USA keyboard. With Finnish keyboard I have lessthan-greaterthan to the left of my "z".
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:47:22 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: August 17, 2010, 11:53:09 am »

Oh yes, another thing. A while ago I briefly played an adventure with a Lizardman just to make sure it was working okay before I started my next project, but although they do seem to have little outposts, there don't appear to be any traders. Was I just not looking hard enough, or do the non-standard races not have them?

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: August 17, 2010, 12:15:58 pm »

I don't know what happened in my world, the only civ I'm aware of is the dwarves, at least year 6 in my fort, i have a cave system that's about 80z deep, not all in one place but most of it joins, then i have a smaller cave system beneath that. As I've said I'm getting a FB every couple of seasons, and waves of ghouls, a few lost adventurers and a bronze colossus so far, no ambushes, no thieves. I have 110 odd dwarves and my created wealth is 7 million. Fairly sure i embarked on the mainland by a volcano just by the sea, but somewhere really cold since virtually everything freezes for 3/4 seasons. Alas world viewer doesnt like my fort, but from legends it looks like 524/1310 civs and etc. I mean i know i embarked somewhere inhospitable, but i would have thought that repeatedly deforesting the map would have summoned the elves by now, ah well, on with the 120z level pump stack, then to work on some kind fun machine for any new visitors. :)
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: August 17, 2010, 02:18:43 pm »

Are you sure they can access you? There're parts of the map inaccessible to some/all civilizations. Try to savescum, abandon and check your location. I get frequent serpentfolk ambushes, werewolf parties, demonic guests and illithid mobs in my current fort.

Oh yes, another thing. A while ago I briefly played an adventure with a Lizardman just to make sure it was working okay before I started my next project, but although they do seem to have little outposts, there don't appear to be any traders. Was I just not looking hard enough, or do the non-standard races not have them?
Serpentfolk as werewolves and elves live in "tree cities", it means that they have no buildings. The only site type which has shops is a "city" right now, and I didn't want lizardmen and snakemen to remove their jungles (cities chop all forests/jungles around them), it's antithematic.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: August 17, 2010, 02:46:53 pm »

Are you sure they can access you? There're parts of the map inaccessible to some/all civilizations. Try to savescum, abandon and check your location. I get frequent serpentfolk ambushes, werewolf parties, demonic guests and illithid mobs in my current fort.

Forgive the stupid question but how do i find wtf i embarked since i have no memory even roughly where in the world i embarked?
"Do not offend the chair leg of Truth. It is wise and terrible" - (Urist) Spider Jerusalem

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: August 17, 2010, 02:48:24 pm »

Managed to find the place. Turns out there's hostile snakemen, demons and werewolves at my current embark site. Lovely.

Also, my Lizardman adventurer started on a field of ice with the occasional tree. Not very jungley either :P

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: August 17, 2010, 02:59:51 pm »

Forgive the stupid question but how do i find wtf i embarked since i have no memory even roughly where in the world i embarked?
copy save, abandon on one, check where the reclaim is.
Nom nom nom

Thoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: August 17, 2010, 03:13:24 pm »

copy save, abandon on one, check where the reclaim is.
Right thanks for that never abandoned a fortress, so never saw the reclaim option, i foolishly embarked to a island off the ice sheet, only dwarves nearby -.- ah well, i have enough trouble with FB's and ghouls so they'll keep me busy, shame tho, me own fault for not properly checking.
Although i just reclaimed to see what state it was in, and had an immediate ambush on level -6 that i couldnt see yet, randomness.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:16:24 pm by Thoth »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: August 17, 2010, 09:36:10 pm »

Dwarves are not "nearby", they are everywhere you embark :P.

Managed to find the place. Turns out there's hostile snakemen, demons and werewolves at my current embark site. Lovely.

Also, my Lizardman adventurer started on a field of ice with the occasional tree. Not very jungley either :P

There could be a winter in jungle. Sometimes biomes are weird.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 642