Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229684 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Just replace the graphics folder. It's not the tileset, it's /raw/graphics/.

And to update your save you should update your /data/save/region1/raw/graphics/ folder too.

I've updated a lot of creature graphics too. Most from Sphr.

This is an example warthog

There's a lot more. Also sylvan elves got new graphics.
Dwarves got priest/high priest tiles and new medical profession graphics.

Wait for the 2.99b to appear then dl it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:39:02 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's uploaded.

- 2.99b: a correct gfx for goblins; updated animal tiles (elephant, warthog, hippo, gnomes, mountain goat etc.) with the latest Sphr works (graphical version only). New medical dwarves' tiles, new priest/high priest tiles; new skeleton/zombie dwarven tiles; new sylvan elves' tiles.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm seeing a friendly osman windsword on the map (dwarf mode). He's listed as friendly and just sits near the edge, you have any idea why this is happening? Should friendly dudes like this just be generated randomly? He doesn't really seem to move.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That's totally strange. It could be some historical person (immigrant) from your civ though. Could you check him in legends?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's totally strange. It could be some historical person (immigrant) from your civ though. Could you check him in legends?

Don't you have to abandon your fort to do legends?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You can copy the save folder and do it. I do it quite often to check the story behind my artifacts and engravings.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Propably leftover guard from caravan.

Will go away after some time, of course if he is from already left caravan.

That just happens sometimes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

But do they turn "friendly" from "merchant"?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But do they turn "friendly" from "merchant"?

Didn't notice, I'm guessing it's that though.

On another note, I'm being sieged by troll clerks! :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Mwahaha. They probably have office chairs as weapons.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

YOU! SHOULD! SEE! IT!

No more tons of work snooping through legends and exporting multiple maps.
THIS IS THE TOOL we always needed.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60913.0

How could I miss it...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 02:50:58 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

To everyone who isn't using Moss and Steel Dwarves exclusively in the military, here's another reason. Those Forgotten Beasts that use dust? They completely ignore that. My starting ice dwarf commander is in sickbay with all his skin rotting off right now, everyone else is back to drilling and sparring.
It's good to have a few deaths per year in the fort. Safety is for tree-climbing wussies.
One could have two squads, one for toxic cases and primary fighting, and a secondary squad with fewer layers of mail armor, or crossbows.

Hey Deon, how's the TrapAvoid on the DK evil civ? Is we safe with a 12-cage corridor?
How about Study Architecture in the Library, Archi seems to be a really hard skill to get.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 03:45:05 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There're not trap avoiders amongst goblinoids and demons, but I might make a caste which does that.

I like to give people a choice either to run a pure trap defence, traps + soldiers or just soldiers.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To everyone who isn't using Moss and Steel Dwarves exclusively in the military, here's another reason. Those Forgotten Beasts that use dust? They completely ignore that. My starting ice dwarf commander is in sickbay with all his skin rotting off right now, everyone else is back to drilling and sparring.
It's good to have a few deaths per year in the fort. Safety is for tree-climbing wussies.
One could have two squads, one for toxic cases and primary fighting, and a secondary squad with fewer layers of mail armor, or crossbows.

Hey Deon, how's the TrapAvoid on the DK evil civ? Is we safe with a 12-cage corridor?
How about Study Architecture in the Library, Archi seems to be a really hard skill to get.

Seconding architecture. It's another marginally beneficial skill that is a bitch to get up.

My new strategy is to split my squads by functionality. I have my demigod squad (two steel dwarves using full masterwork/exceptional sun gold) who can do anything, but I don't use them for dangerous breath attack FB (they can block pretty much everything, legendary shield, weapon, armour, dodge). Next I have my FB squad which are 5 spear dwarves, in this case all stone (I only have 2 steel in my fort). They do really well vs single strong enemies, especially ones that feel pain. They are not nearly as good as my demigod squad and thus are more expendable. Next up is the obsidian squad which is 5 obsidian dwarves with various weapon skills. These guys are better vs ambushes and the likes since they have the breath attack. Next up is the 5 dwarf moss squad which are for poisonous and finally my 10 stone dwarf "cannon fodder" squad. Well these were the numbers before my last double siege (goblin/dusk elf) which left me with 3 amputees (retired from combat), 2 deaths and some 6-7 with injuries of various degrees.

The important part of combat imho is to use a lot of cannon fodder, once they get amputated you swap them out since they can still do other jobs. Fill in the empty slots as soon as possible. My baron is an ex-spear dwarf who lost his right hand. The only real fear is getting "unable to stand" since that's bugged. I've only had 2 dwarves get that and for some reason one died of dehydration. The other has spent the last 4 years in bed.

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There're not trap avoiders amongst goblinoids and demons, but I might make a caste which does that.

I like to give people a choice either to run a pure trap defence, traps + soldiers or just soldiers.

I don't really see traps as an option. If I didn't send out my military for every caravan, I wouldn't see traders ever. Even with my military I've lost dwarves twice, dusk elves once (and they sieged me because diplomat died too), sylvan once and wesman once. This could be because I'm playing on 3x3 so it's much more likely for them to all meet. I do have traps however so I don't need patrols to take care of the horrible skeletal elk and to take the front line of attack from goblin sieges.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 642