Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229661 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

How about spiked cages for a torture device?they could damage your captured things overtime.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

How do you plan to make it? Some kind of an utility?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Wait is it even possible to make it?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Memory hacking I suppose.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

A GCSpider/Spik killed three of ours. Militia was wearing training set (shield+sword). Someone made a memorial thong out of the GCS:

Notes from Ceilingtuft outpost:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 01:40:27 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grrrr, stupid caravan guards.

They killed 2/3 of the Forest Spiders in the area, I wanted to breed them. :(

Now all my cage traps have caught are pigeons. Shitloads of delicious pigeons.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be strict you're missing firefly, salamander, rogue, black night, dark angel, skeleton (probably undoable) and if you played the patch version (which I didn't) the maiden. Although that might be a bit much for a df civilzation. It was a great game.
I didn't want to add fliers and even more firebreathing critters (there already are warlocks and imps). Also rogue is just a profession, black knight farmer would be weird (so in fact it would be just a profession name for swordsmen), and dark angels should be overpowered so I am not sure about adding them yet. I don't know what the "maiden" is, is it that drider-like critter avaliable only in multiplayer?

I consider expanding the civ later with the said critters, but I already like it.
Firefly's I kinda like the idea of, as they are very small, weak, and can get past the traps and walls you put up, being scouts is their nature afterall, but I do think they should be made aggressive instead of running from dwarves who are running from them to reduce annoyance of scaredy dwarves, and make them faster than dwarves so they can catch up.

DF Imp's are very similar to salamanders, but DK imps are closer to gnomes, so they should be labelled "Small Imp" or something similar to make them differant than the DF imp's and remove their fire breathing.
Salamanders would be great to have though to breath fire, but I don't remember if they actually did in DK, I think they might have just been like magma swimming crocodiles.

Babysnatcher should be added to the civ as well, to show their ability to take over heroes and such.  :D
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

They have babysnatching. Also I might consider removing fireballs from imps... And DF imps are "fire imps".

Also salamanders had fireballs AND fire arrows, so yeah, they were ultimate fire throwers.

Hey TomiTapio! It's an awesome coincidence that the GCS thong has an image of the said GCS killing one of dwarves! I haven't got anything like that.

A trog in the hospital, damn!
Eww. He was probably looking for pills!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, I am going to bed. I've made a first edition of my 2nd post in this thread. There're artifacts and artwork now.
If someone remembers a cool artifact or an art from this thread, I will add them.

As I said, I need to sleep. I will start gathering stories and putting them in the 3rd post tomorrow.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They have babysnatching. Also I might consider removing fireballs from imps... And DF imps are "fire imps".

Also salamanders had fireballs AND fire arrows, so yeah, they were ultimate fire throwers.

Hey TomiTapio! It's an awesome coincidence that the GCS thong has an image of the said GCS killing one of dwarves! I haven't got anything like that.

A trog in the hospital, damn!
Eww. He was probably looking for pills!

Woops, My bad! I must have glanced past that line somehow  :D

I really should go back and play dungeon keeper 2 though, it's been a fair time.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Made bug report, a river that need bridges thing.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2882#bugnotes

"This was hunter's problem, he understood bridges going that way, but not this way.
Hunter should get unstuck automatically, without player needing to remove hunting job in this case.

Later: one caravan is walking in circles, maybe due to river plus bridges pathing.
Maybe they expect 3-5 tile wide bridges, not 1-wide.
Hmm the caravan is insane, and their donkeys too are crawling around.."
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you considered adding in more metals? Like sun gold and spellwood are metals on the side of good, but what about evil metals? Ones that have that blucklung effect but create powerful armour?

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you considered adding in more metals? Like sun gold and spellwood are metals on the side of good, but what about evil metals? Ones that have that blucklung effect but create powerful armour?
if they had that black lung effect they probably would have trouble making the equipment.

Although it does make me wonder if armor could be made which would burst into flame as soon as it got to outdoor temperature.

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if they had that black lung effect they probably would have trouble making the equipment.

Well that's the idea. I can imagine some Orc taskmaster in a dark fortress whipping slaves to mine the toxic ore and refine it into armour and weapons.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that's the idea. I can imagine some Orc taskmaster in a dark fortress whipping slaves to mine the toxic ore and refine it into armour and weapons.

..No I mean, it would not be possible to make armor out of it. Inorganic syndromes work by the item turning instantly into gas.. so you have the rock which falls out of the wall, and then the rock explodes in a puff of dust, giving the syndrome..
Simply put, unless you had coal, and then a dummy "coal" which would only spawn inside or real coal, it would be impossible.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 642