Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229932 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.98 ϟ] - werewolves!
« Reply #2175 on: July 27, 2010, 07:02:21 am »

1) Sun gold is a magical alloy which only ezrakim elves use. Wrought iron is not that bad, but new material system allows sharp weapons to pierce armor better.

2) They don't because I removed it, at least temporary. Tomi said that they harm more than give, but it's easy to put them back without regenning the world.

3) Siegers are generated on your site, so only their leaders (named ones) can "end".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: July 27, 2010, 09:19:14 am »

I tried using this but it seems too... out of style... no offence but I think it just dose'nt mix. Its a great mod bu it seems too complicated. It reminds me of those russian books that, altho they DO have a style, dont go with me becaue of marines fighting dragons and vampires. I dono, It's all to colorfull.

BTW, Deon, is that you in your avatar?

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: July 27, 2010, 09:52:53 am »

I had an epic battle between the Illithid Leader and my fortress that lasted three sieges. My main army sallied forth and left the fortress to be defended by an artifact mechanism trap with an artifact adamantine disk in it.

When I engaged the leaders squad there were a couple casulalties on my side but no deaths, and my militia commander fought the law giver one on one. He cut one of it's tentacles off before getting hit with a blast of gas and the leader high tailed it. It took two more battles to finally finish the creature.

Soooo awesome.

Also Werewolves aren't spawning in my worlds, could it be something on my end or is it just another missed line of text?

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: July 27, 2010, 10:07:06 am »

has anyone had trouble growing underground crops? I've been trying to grow some cave strawberries in an area that was irrigated before i put down the farm plot as usual from vanilla but for about a year I've had no results, almost lost the fort a few times.Is this a bug or something? still using 2.97 version.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: July 27, 2010, 10:49:33 am »

I tried using this but it seems too... out of style... no offence but I think it just dose'nt mix. Its a great mod bu it seems too complicated. It reminds me of those russian books that, altho they DO have a style, dont go with me becaue of marines fighting dragons and vampires. I dono, It's all to colorfull.

BTW, Deon, is that you in your avatar?
Yes it's me. And I know what you mean. There's no backstory why are all these races there and everything like that. As I said earlier in this thread I plan to make a mod (and slowly do it) based on 4 elements and with a backstory. Genesis was my learning experience plus I wanted to add a lot of stuff to make the world more complex and entertaining. It's a matter of taste, and if you want a fully thought-through world with some reason behind it, it's not Genesis :). That's why I make a new mod instead of updating this one to that status: I want to flesh it out first.

has anyone had trouble growing underground crops? I've been trying to grow some cave strawberries in an area that was irrigated before i put down the farm plot as usual from vanilla but for about a year I've had no results, almost lost the fort a few times.Is this a bug or something? still using 2.97 version.
Did they actually plant the seeds? It grows half of a full season for me.

I had an epic battle between the Illithid Leader and my fortress that lasted three sieges. My main army sallied forth and left the fortress to be defended by an artifact mechanism trap with an artifact adamantine disk in it.

When I engaged the leaders squad there were a couple casulalties on my side but no deaths, and my militia commander fought the law giver one on one. He cut one of it's tentacles off before getting hit with a blast of gas and the leader high tailed it. It took two more battles to finally finish the creature.

Soooo awesome.

Also Werewolves aren't spawning in my worlds, could it be something on my end or is it just another missed line of text?
It's great to see good stories :). And werewolves spawn for me, you probably had a smaller world (not Large) so they just didn't appear.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: July 27, 2010, 10:57:52 am »

nah deon they didn't even attempt to plant the seeds, they just let the plot do nothing with strawberries, dimple cups, chilies, lettuce etc.

Edit: got them working, for some reason the farms atom smashed the mud out from underneath them and re flooding it worked.

Edit 2:i feel like an ass to keep posting my bugs but i just had a trade depot implode with trading with dusk elves and slyvan elves. and now their stuff is everywhere and i wonder what they are going to do to me.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:53:40 am by isabuea »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: July 27, 2010, 12:44:55 pm »

What actually happened to your depot? Buildings do not deconstruct themselves.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2182 on: July 27, 2010, 03:24:41 pm »

Ooh I just saw one of the rarest of tasks! "Fill waterskin".
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: July 27, 2010, 03:54:39 pm »

IN FORTRESS MODE? :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: July 27, 2010, 04:08:55 pm »

I see that all the time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: July 27, 2010, 04:13:52 pm »

I see that all the time.
he means to say that the military issues are indeed fixed, no need to try and one up Tomi
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2186 on: July 27, 2010, 05:00:06 pm »

I have a suggestion. Allow the dwarven towns to be elsewhere than on high mountain sides.
And enable their (and many other civs') road building to make a easier to understand map. Imagine the paved roads are paths and trails, not Roman Empire paved excellence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: July 27, 2010, 05:08:18 pm »

Oh man Deon's next mod is gonna be kickass.  Only thing I didn't like are a couple of the Dwarven castes everything else is pretty much awesome.  I'll never go back to adventuring in vanilla DF.

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: July 27, 2010, 06:06:48 pm »

Would it be possible to make a custom work shop that used a crippled dwarf and a chunk of raw adamantine to uncripple the dwarf?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: July 27, 2010, 06:07:23 pm »

No.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 642