Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230038 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.97 ϟ] - glass beds and bars
« Reply #2115 on: July 23, 2010, 11:39:22 pm »

That is supposed to happen. It happens with important historical figures/named creatures.

EDIT:Ninja'd

It is a bug? I would say it says 'you are not that hungry' because the dwarves dislike cannibalism. Therefore disallowing you to butcher a sentient being unless you are about to die of hunger.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:41:40 pm by Daywalkah »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 23, 2010, 11:45:48 pm »

Well, I don't know, I'm too lazy to check. So sue me. ::)

It could be a bug, it could also not be one.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 23, 2010, 11:51:10 pm »

Why does everything I type come out as a harsh tone in peoples' minds ???? Is it the lack of smilies? Sorry if you thought it seemed like that, I must amend this :P.

Anyhow, I'm no expert on Adventure mode but I just assumed so. As you said:

It could be a bug, it could also not be one.

I just noticed that there is a Giant Otter in Genesis. So...Much...WIN!!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:53:43 pm by Daywalkah »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: July 23, 2010, 11:53:34 pm »

Why does everything I type come out as a harsh tone in peoples' minds ???? Is it the lack of smilies? Sorry if you thought it seemed like that, I must amend this :P.
It didn't come out that harsh, slightly yes, but not that much. I wasn't angry.

I think the reason your posts come out harsh is because of your avatar. Considering it's a scull avatar. :P
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: July 23, 2010, 11:56:06 pm »

It takes away my time during the day and makes people misinterpret my posts...Curse you One Piece!!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: July 24, 2010, 01:08:17 am »

I just noticed that there is a Giant Otter in Genesis. So...Much...WIN!!!
Say thanks to TomiTapio :D.

Hey Deon (or anybody else) is there still some cannibal races?
If they're going to siege early on, I wouldn't give them natural armor, as asking that the player have decent quality metal very early is very annoying. Maybe extra limbs with claws of a weak material, so that even leather armor could stop them from doing much damage, and crossbows could stop them from reaching you, but without either your dwarves would be shredded. That way, it would force some military without forcing expensive embark items or getting metalsmithing up and running in the first year.
Hmm... if it's no-armor no-weapon civ, maybe... high speed? Intelligent wolves or high-speed kangaroos?
That sums up some of my ideas. Werewolves' siegers should be fun. So bugs and werewolves seem like a good choice.
Centaurs are fine too, but I would prefer them as a babysnatching race. By this I mean that I want werewolves and bugs to attack right away and do not steal babies. I don't want werewolf retreats full of elves and dwarves. They do not take prisoners, they eat them :).

One of my soldiers was bitten by a mind flayer and was poisoned, besides having a foot cut off she has been asleep since the battle (about a year). Is this a bug related to healthcare or is it the poison that causes the endless sleep?
He's probably unconscious due to a removed feet. It's not a bug, he just cannot come back from the pain. Illithid poison has minor effects. Stronger illithids cause partial paralysis, weaker only dizzyness. And all effects go away quickly.

Illithids sieged my fortress and brought a bunch of tadpoles with them.

That promptly airdrowned or dived into murky pools.
Oops. Gonna check that. Thanks :).

...Glass beds Deon?
They had better be smoothed, else they would be really, REALLY uncomfortable. :P
Anyway, quick updates. Kind of nice, though fortresses are quickly outdated.
I just got a new job so I will be busy within the next week, so be happy that I update it while I have time hehe :D.

Also glass beds use cloth, so they are not much worse than stone beds.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 24, 2010, 01:11:11 am »

Hi Deon!

I love your mod, and I'm itching to play it but I was wondering if it's possible to modify to work with Phoebus graphic set?

Could you point me to a tutorial on how I can do that?

I don't mean to knock on Ironhand's graphic set, but I'm not a big fan of it.

Thanks!

Daww, I missed your post.
I will make a phoebus version next time I update.
There was a time when I had to update 5 different versions at once due to different graphic packs. Oh well... It's a bit annoying but doable.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: July 24, 2010, 03:19:30 am »

One of my soldiers was bitten by a mind flayer and was poisoned, besides having a foot cut off she has been asleep since the battle (about a year). Is this a bug related to healthcare or is it the poison that causes the endless sleep?
He's probably unconscious due to a removed feet. It's not a bug, he just cannot come back from the pain. Illithid poison has minor effects. Stronger illithids cause partial paralysis, weaker only dizzyness. And all effects go away quickly.

It is a bug. Soldiers with damaged feet (nerve damage or amputated) will never stop resting. See bug: http://bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2373

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: July 24, 2010, 04:06:02 am »

OK, so how do you guys get illithid to live? My record is 35 illithid (with dwarves fallen). Second best is 12 illithid (also with dwarves fallen). It seems like snakemen consistantly survive, but goblins and especially illithid die all the time... Whenever there are many baddies, the good guys are dead... Generated at least 12 worlds so far, parsing logs with ParseDFlogs to check results.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 24, 2010, 04:32:07 am »

It is a bug? I would say it says 'you are not that hungry' because the dwarves dislike cannibalism. Therefore disallowing you to butcher a sentient being unless you are about to die of hunger.
You're right. If a creature has one of the INTELLIGENT or CAN_LEARN tags, most races will refuse to butcher it.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: July 24, 2010, 04:35:59 am »

Ahh shit...I posted a bugtracker about it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 24, 2010, 04:56:07 am »

You're right. If a creature has one of the INTELLIGENT or CAN_LEARN tags, most races will refuse to butcher it.
Oops.

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: July 24, 2010, 05:15:12 am »

Started a new fort and I see "goblin skin thread" on the surface. This is with 0.31.11 and 2.97 embarking in a terrifying woodland.

ghostxxx

• Bay Watcher
  • and my Axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 24, 2010, 05:38:11 am »

Hi Deon!

I love your mod, and I'm itching to play it but I was wondering if it's possible to modify to work with Phoebus graphic set?

Could you point me to a tutorial on how I can do that?

I don't mean to knock on Ironhand's graphic set, but I'm not a big fan of it.

Thanks!

Daww, I missed your post.
I will make a phoebus version next time I update.
There was a time when I had to update 5 different versions at once due to different graphic packs. Oh well... It's a bit annoying but doable.

Great! Thanks Deon! Keep up the amazing work!

Nat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 24, 2010, 06:07:56 am »

OK, so how do you guys get illithid to live? My record is 35 illithid (with dwarves fallen). Second best is 12 illithid (also with dwarves fallen). It seems like snakemen consistantly survive, but goblins and especially illithid die all the time... Whenever there are many baddies, the good guys are dead... Generated at least 12 worlds so far, parsing logs with ParseDFlogs to check results.

I had a fully populated illithid city, about 100 of them, by only running 300 years of history. Oh, I also had about twice the number of caves and megabeasts/titans... well, maybe less, I remember I had to cut the number down because they kept wiping everybody out... hehehe

Edit: I should note that this was a few versions back, so I can't say it'll work for sure now.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 642