Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230167 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.97 ϟ] - glass beds and bars
« Reply #2100 on: July 23, 2010, 03:57:49 pm »

Oh yeah! Archery range go! Now weaklings can train goblin and unicorn shooting. Strong lasses have three chainmails and sword and shield.
Remember to assign bolts to archer squad. And create leather quivers (they are used automatically).

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 23, 2010, 04:04:34 pm »

Okay, I thought about that, and for 3.0 we need more races.
I think we need some races which siege right away but are not too strong to allow you to fight them. It will add some adrenaline and action.
But I want to hear which kind of a race you want to see attacking you first. Any suggestions on the flavor?
I made Beastmen, based on your lizardmen, back in 40d18. Some worlds they were friendly, some hostile, which was Great!
They had wooden clubs and spears, no metalworking I think. No bows, that's too cowardly. One throwing spear, then close in for some throat biting.
I'll paste them here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 04:17:43 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

ghostxxx

• Bay Watcher
  • and my Axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 23, 2010, 04:12:18 pm »

Hi Deon!

I love your mod, and I'm itching to play it but I was wondering if it's possible to modify to work with Phoebus graphic set?

Could you point me to a tutorial on how I can do that?

I don't mean to knock on Ironhand's graphic set, but I'm not a big fan of it.

Thanks!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 23, 2010, 04:18:19 pm »

...Glass beds Deon?

They had better be smoothed, else they would be really, REALLY uncomfortable. :P

Anyway, quick updates. Kind of nice, though fortresses are quickly outdated.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 23, 2010, 04:56:02 pm »

Just saying love the mod, and for the person talking about merging Genesis and CF it's not that hard to do with WinMerge. I lot of the stuff they actually have in common. I was able to get a no error read-out in about 20 minutes of work combining them. Of course this was back with 2.8 and 2.1 respectively but I can't imagine it is much harder now.

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 23, 2010, 04:59:16 pm »

Just saying love the mod, and for the person talking about merging Genesis and CF it's not that hard to do with WinMerge. I lot of the stuff they actually have in common. I was able to get a no error read-out in about 20 minutes of work combining them. Of course this was back with 2.8 and 2.1 respectively but I can't imagine it is much harder now.

I guess I don't feel comfortable enough with modding dwarf fortress. With the amount of hours I spend already playing it would be evil to spend twice as much modding too.

On a side note, I'm having a really hard time creating a decent world. The worlds seem to be either dominantly good or dominantly evil.  If they're dominantly evil, usually there's very few illithid and the dwarves, and such are extinct. If it's good usually only snakemen survive. Illithid seem to always get massacred (only had one world have them). Anyone have news on that?

John Keel

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_AVATAR:ALWAYS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 23, 2010, 05:02:19 pm »

Okay, I thought about that, and for 3.0 we need more races.

I think we need some races which siege right away but are not too strong to allow you to fight them. It will add some adrenaline and action.

The main thought is that if they had lots of clothes/armor, they would litter the whole map with garbage, and that is not good. Thus they should have natural weapons and armor. Some insectoid race could work, and maybe there could be more than one. Scarabs for desert, scythers for forests, termites for plains. Or some animalmen, like molemen with sharp claws or werewolves with fangs.

But I want to hear which kind of a race you want to see attacking you first. Any suggestions on the flavor?

If they're going to siege early on, I wouldn't give them natural armor, as asking that the player have decent quality metal very early is very annoying. Maybe extra limbs with claws of a weak material, so that even leather armor could stop them from doing much damage, and crossbows could stop them from reaching you, but without either your dwarves would be shredded. That way, it would force some military without forcing expensive embark items or getting metalsmithing up and running in the first year.
King of the Onslaught of Narwhals

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 23, 2010, 05:32:31 pm »

Illithids sieged my fortress and brought a bunch of tadpoles with them.

That promptly airdrowned or dived into murky pools.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 23, 2010, 06:04:50 pm »

Deon, 31.11 is out. And from what I've read the Skill_Rates function was changed. But that's all I know about it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 23, 2010, 09:09:15 pm »

One of my soldiers was bitten by a mind flayer and was poisoned, besides having a foot cut off she has been asleep since the battle (about a year). Is this a bug related to healthcare or is it the poison that causes the endless sleep?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 23, 2010, 09:58:49 pm »

If they're going to siege early on, I wouldn't give them natural armor, as asking that the player have decent quality metal very early is very annoying. Maybe extra limbs with claws of a weak material, so that even leather armor could stop them from doing much damage, and crossbows could stop them from reaching you, but without either your dwarves would be shredded. That way, it would force some military without forcing expensive embark items or getting metalsmithing up and running in the first year.

Hmm... if it's no-armor no-weapon civ, maybe... high speed? Intelligent wolves or high-speed kangaroos? I'd try with a speed:700 beast with bite & horn stab. Waitaminute, is that the specs for an unicorn? I know there was a Centaur civ in older 40dXX Genesis.

Leather armor doesn't protect the throat. No armor in DF protects throat.
Now to roll a new fort with militia stage 1: "wooden crossbows and wooden bolts". And 300 FPS. Bowyer skill just got valuable with .31.11.

Edit: hunting with wooden bolts (stack of 25 valued at 25-300 €). Pelicans and swans are great for easy hunting! And then there was 2 alligators vs. hunter. A child mooded and made a goethite mug.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:36:54 pm by TomiTapio »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 23, 2010, 11:15:18 pm »

Hey Deon (or anybody else) is there still some cannibal races?

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 23, 2010, 11:23:53 pm »

Hmm... if it's no-armor no-weapon civ, maybe... high speed? Intelligent wolves or high-speed kangaroos? I'd try with a speed:700 beast with bite & horn stab. Waitaminute, is that the specs for an unicorn? I know there was a Centaur civ in older 40dXX Genesis.

Leather armor doesn't protect the throat. No armor in DF protects throat.
Now to roll a new fort with militia stage 1: "wooden crossbows and wooden bolts". And 300 FPS. Bowyer skill just got valuable with .31.11.

piecewise created centaurs for the new version that is currently in my possession. They are fast and large, you could just take weapons and armor away from them. They are already enough of a challenge anyway.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 23, 2010, 11:35:40 pm »

Every time I go to butcher a Semi-megabeast or Megabeast it says you are not that hungry.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 23, 2010, 11:38:16 pm »

Every time I go to butcher a Semi-megabeast or Megabeast it says you are not that hungry.
That's a bug, it's not Genesis's fault. Report it to the bugtracker.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 642