Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229471 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.81 ϟ] -> 0.31.08
« Reply #1995 on: July 19, 2010, 08:47:21 am »

All right, it works. Too bad all crafted through reactions armor is "large", or we could have a fully self-supplying adventurers. Still fortress-crafted dragon scale armor should be awesome now. It always bugged me that dragon scale armor was almost the same as dog leather armor. Now it's different.

Here you can see that spears made out of dragon teeth easily pierce iron armor.

Now a "Play Now!" character can get an awesome weapon if he somehow manages to kill a dragon. Also he can make an awesome backpack out of its scales >.<. As I said, armor reactions do now work yet :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 19, 2010, 08:53:42 am »

Hey Deon, I made a small workshop that trained up the armor and shield skills to compliment the training workshops you have as well, if you are interested.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 19, 2010, 09:01:27 am »

Sure I am. Post it here if you don't mind. I am ready to release 2.9 already.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1999 on: July 19, 2010, 09:31:39 am »

Why did you make an alternate spider, Tomi? :)
My dangerous forest spiders are called fospiks, and the Cave Spider (spir) I duplicated into spix, so there is less supervaluable GCS (spik) silk in the world.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ah, I see. I may make more silk-bearing insects then. Your spiks and spirs made my head spin :P.
New version:
- 2.9: adventure crafting and spellcraft; tougher materials for semimegabeasts and megabeasts; new goblin caste; "common goblins" avoid traps; tweaked weapons to follow DF fixes; new critters and adjustments supplied by TomiTapio; illithids' nation temporary removed; weight set workshop by Coinith
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 09:47:32 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

- 2.9: adventure crafting and spellcraft; tougher materials for semimegabeasts and megabeasts; new goblin caste; "common goblins" avoid traps; tweaked weapons to follow DF fixes; new critters and adjustments supplied by TomiTapio; illithids' nation temporary removed; weight set workshop by Coinith

Does the illithid removal allow upgrading from older versions or is it only good for new forts?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It has lots of new reactions, and I removed many old stuff like some unused extracts and I totally axed Gibbons. It requires a new fort. You wouldn't get anything anyway so there's no need to upgrade your old saves, you can play them as they are.

The new stuff with reactions and new plants requires regen anyway.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It has lots of new reactions, and I removed many old stuff like some unused extracts and I totally axed Gibbons. It requires a new fort. You wouldn't get anything anyway so there's no need to upgrade your old saves, you can play them as they are.

The new stuff with reactions and new plants requires regen anyway.

Well bolts are pretty broken in the old version. My ex-hunter (legendary) couldn't really kill anything with wooden bolts. He was legendary archerer and marksdwarf and would always hit, but never really did enough damage to kill anything past pigeons. He eventually got slaughtered by a cave crocodile.

It's a shame too, because I've lost over half my militia from the bloody "explode into pus monsters". It seems like monsters like Mummies and Lost Adventurers blow into pus every so often. This causes an insane symptom that will kill your dwarves before they manage to take 10 steps (fever -> heavy bleeding -> death). Was thinking about trying to get marksdwarves to not have to get into melee since it's pretty much instadeath even for legendary dwarves in masterwork steel.

Might just wait for the next df release which should be soon and should fix all the training bugs that make it so half of your militia refuses to train making it so you wind up with horribly weak dwarves.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

You can replace all inorganic_***.txt and item_*** files to re-adjust weapon values to the new state. Also I reduced the amount of "explode into pus" monsters, at least their spawn rates are much less now.

I always train my militia using training dummies (and now weight set thanks to Coinich) so there's no problem with their skills for me.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can replace all inorganic_***.txt and item_*** files to re-adjust weapon values to the new state. Also I reduced the amount of "explode into pus" monsters, at least their spawn rates are much less now.

I always train my militia using training dummies (and now weight set thanks to Coinich) so there's no problem with their skills for me.

Do training dummies actually increase other stats besides weapons? Back in the day when they would spar (managed to get some sparring in 0.31.08 but not 0.31.10) they would get many stats. I thought the dummies only gave primary weapon stat and not armour, dodging, shield and the works.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, they train specific skills only, but you can get the whole set if you set up their work place properly. I allow them to train weapon skills, dodging, shield and armor repeatedly, and it works nicely.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

What are  some major changes in the new version?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

They are listed in the changelog. There's much more readjustments and tweaks than anything, but new adventurer stuff is the most noticeable change.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Is the link supposed to be to an earlier Genesis Mod?
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 642