Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229288 times)

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.81 ϟ] -> 0.31.08
« Reply #1980 on: July 18, 2010, 10:58:09 pm »

small little bug i just found. my fisherman just hauled in a raw forest spider and its listed as a fish under the stock screen

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 19, 2010, 12:17:18 am »

Why did you make an alternate spider, Tomi? :)

small little bug i just found. my fisherman just hauled in a raw forest spider and its listed as a fish under the stock screen
Do you have any duplicate entries? AFAIK non-vermin creatures cannot be "raw".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: July 19, 2010, 12:51:25 am »

not sure about the duplicates... i just downloaded the graphics set of it and played

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: July 19, 2010, 01:31:47 am »

You mean in the first post? It was not updated for .10 so it could cause problems. I am working on a new version right now.

I've fixed goblin castes' sizes, made chitin tannable (Lofn's solution I was going to implement for a long time). Also I've included Wanderer reactions by Lofn with a few tweaks of mine, and now I try to make a hair-to-thread reaction for adv. mode.

Also I've included a herbalism reaction which looks for random plants. Too bad you cannot make output chances based on the skill.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 01:41:53 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 19, 2010, 03:28:56 am »

O.O I just saw a Goblin town with Wesman and Sylvien Elves,I bet the Elves are violent.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: July 19, 2010, 04:16:23 am »

I've added some magery: "create food" and "cast fireball arrow". The fireball arrow is based on Wizardmod fireball, and you can either shoot it or throw it. I plan to add more spells. Because of DF bugs I replaced "weave hair into thread" with "weave plants into thread" so you still get a steady way to get thread but without bugs. Now I think what else to add for spellcraft, hmm... Right now each spell uses a coin. It gives some use to all those stacks of coins around the place and makes it not totally "free". Also you have to "prepare spells" by dropping a coin (because you don't want to use the whole stack for a single spell, right?) which makes it more "realistic" :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: July 19, 2010, 05:28:27 am »

How do you drop a coin?I can just drop the entire stack.(Edit)I think raptors need to be less common,right now if you meet them you are fucked,no matter how heavily armoured you have about a 70% chance of dying.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:01:01 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: July 19, 2010, 07:35:18 am »

You throw the coin at your feet. Also raptors are much slower now so you can avoid them. I will upload a 2.9 shortly. No plant rework yet, but Lofn's crafting with some tweaks and food/fireball casting is in.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 19, 2010, 07:36:28 am »

You can cast a fireball on adventure mod?!?Sweeeeeeet....

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: July 19, 2010, 07:36:41 am »

DEON IS A GODLY MO-FO

PRAISE THE DEON MODDER MAN GUY!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 19, 2010, 07:38:56 am »

You can cast a fireball on adventure mod?!?Sweeeeeeet....
Yes, the original idea is in the Wizard Fortress mode where you make a glob which ignites the next turn it is created. I've expanded the idea into fireball arrows and bolts, so you can either throw it OR shoot it with your weapon (especially if the enemy is far and your throwing skill is bad).

It's more deadly too. Wizard Fortress globs ignite targets and they start to melt, while arrows if stuck make the blood to boil in addition to the "normal" burning. Also globs stay on one tile while stuck-in arrows travel with the victim and constantly damage him.

Next thing I plan to make is to give dragons and the like tougher bones and teeth so you will have a reason to hunt them to make weapons and arrows out of their bones/teeth. A test dragon teeth arrows were able to pierce copper armor of goblins.

Oh, I forgot, I've also added a new caste of goblins called "spitters", they are agile and spit web. Also common goblins avoid traps to compensate their lack of special abilities. All other goblin castes are still caught.

And hydras, colossi and the like are trap immune now... I integrated most of TomiTapio's ideas, they are good.

P.S. Hi Acanthus.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:42:31 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: July 19, 2010, 07:41:07 am »

Hey Deon,I think dragons and dragon raptors and hydras and pretty much any semi-megabeast that is capable of biting or clawing should get tougher claws and/or teeth.Also I have a question,is it possible to get people to worship you on adventure mode?And also do all races have this magic,or just stuff like Orc Shamans?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: July 19, 2010, 07:44:07 am »

Hey Deon,I think dragons and dragon raptors and hydras and pretty much any semi-megabeast that is capable of biting or clawing should get tougher claws and/or teeth.Also I have a question,is it possible to get people to worship you on adventure mode?And also do all races have this magic,or just stuff like Orc Shamans?
I've edited the previous post because I forgot to add a lot of stuff I wanted to write. Basically I plan to give all big animals like elephants and the like toughter bones to support big game hunters, and give metal-like bones and teeth to large fanciful creatures like dragons and hydras.
Right now dog bone spear and dragon spear are the same so I plan to fix it before release.

And any adventurer can use any adventure reaction, there's no way to limit it yet (sadly).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: July 19, 2010, 07:47:30 am »

You're awesome, d00d.

Don't stop being that way, maaaan.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: July 19, 2010, 07:48:28 am »

Yeah Deon you are awesome.I can't wait for the next version :3
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 07:56:04 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 642