Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229215 times)

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.81 ϟ] -> 0.31.08
« Reply #1935 on: July 15, 2010, 08:47:41 am »

I like the mod although the caste things are a bit hard to see and control, so I sort of ignore what dwarf is what. I'm guessing it's impossible to handle nicely unless it is coded into the engine. Once I can get dwarf therapist up and running with this version

I have some comments from the short time I've been playing:
  • Giant Ants nor Elephants attack my dwarves, which is sort of a bummer. They just run away from my lone hunter (and kill any of his hunting pets if they engage combat). They should be violent (at least the ants, I mean they did run into my base and destroy statues...).
  • The make stone bed doesn't seem to apply the "economic stone" filter. So I'm seeing many tetrahedrite beds which means I probably won't be using that much./li]
Still looking forward to my first hostile encounter. Although you feel like a kid again with all these new shiny items and workshops all over.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: July 15, 2010, 01:47:15 pm »

I am begining to think that Kahn kidnapped Deon and forced him to hand over all documents regarding the project "Genesis"  ;)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: July 15, 2010, 03:19:55 pm »

The make stone bed doesn't seem to apply the "economic stone" filter. So I'm seeing many tetrahedrite beds which means I probably won't be using that much.
Applying [WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY] to the reagent part of the reaction should work.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CRAFT_STONE_BED]
[NAME:craft stone bed]
[BUILDING:FURNITURE_WORKSHOP:CUSTOM_S]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
[REAGENT:B:1:CLOTH:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:MASONRY]

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: July 15, 2010, 04:06:40 pm »

Is this modification compatible with the current DF version, 0.31.10?
I just don't want to risk any damage done by incompatibility..

Thank you.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: July 15, 2010, 04:15:33 pm »

I see no reason why it wouldn't bee, although the huge combat changes might screw up the balance.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: July 15, 2010, 04:18:09 pm »

Just making sure...
Well, thank you.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1941 on: July 15, 2010, 04:34:56 pm »

I like the mod although the caste things are a bit hard to see and control, so I sort of ignore what dwarf is what. I'm guessing it's impossible to handle nicely unless it is coded into the engine. Once I can get dwarf therapist up and running with this version

I removed the castes' web spit, paralysis spit and firebreath. Because all my dogs died in a FB melee and Our Paralysisbreath. You could try reading the personality screen of each immigrant, and set the strong/agile/durable ones to military. (Nickname helps, Alath digmilitary)

Therapist works fine, you just add to it's ini file what they said works. 31.10 graphical is what I have.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=39229.1425
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: July 15, 2010, 05:36:45 pm »

Sorry for being random and off topic, but I must know: TomiTapio, are you taking over for Deon or filling in for a while? He hasn't been online in a while, and you seem to be working on some things in the mod.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: July 16, 2010, 05:32:59 am »

I was wandering around an illithid tower, purging the unclean, etcetera, when I encountered a named creature's corpse out in the open, since I couldn't glean from what little info I could get, I butchered it. It was then that I discovered that this creature provided just under a hundred units of misc 'illithid meat', and that it didn't have bones or a skull.

What did I find out in the snow?
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: July 16, 2010, 05:55:29 am »

Sorry for being random and off topic, but I must know: TomiTapio, are you taking over for Deon or filling in for a while? He hasn't been online in a while, and you seem to be working on some things in the mod.
Deon is on Vacation and should be back soon.

Just because people modify their own versions doesnt mean that they are taking over  ;D

I would have kept my word on making another unofficial Genesis port for 31.10, but there were raw changes that I havent kept up with, and I'm sure when Deon gets back he will get right on tackling this. :)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: July 16, 2010, 06:25:01 am »

I'm back into the town!

I need some time to solve common issues which happen when you're away for a while, and I will be back to the modding. I have to run to visit my wife at her work now (oh weird fortune, I greet B12 before I greet my wife after I arrive :P) and I will read the thread this evening or tomorrow.

Hello to everybody! :D

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: July 16, 2010, 06:29:44 am »

Awesome.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: July 16, 2010, 06:37:40 am »

I was wandering around an illithid tower, purging the unclean, etcetera, when I encountered a named creature's corpse out in the open, since I couldn't glean from what little info I could get, I butchered it. It was then that I discovered that this creature provided just under a hundred units of misc 'illithid meat', and that it didn't have bones or a skull.

What did I find out in the snow?
Does it mean we have butchering now?! I need to test this now!... Oh wait, oh noes... Wife first... Oh well...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: July 16, 2010, 07:16:08 am »

I removed the castes' web spit, paralysis spit and firebreath. Because all my dogs died in a FB melee and Our Paralysisbreath. You could try reading the personality screen of each immigrant, and set the strong/agile/durable ones to military. (Nickname helps, Alath digmilitary)

Well, I don't tend to use war animals (although I do have a dozen war elephants in a cage connected to a lever). They tend to do much worse than ultra-legendary speardwarves in full masterwork steel (haven't gotten stuff to make crucible steel yet).

Therapist works fine, you just add to it's ini file what they said works. 31.10 graphical is what I have.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=39229.1425

I'm on linux, but I think I've got it almost worked out. Problem is font is illegible and want to see if I can get around to fixing that.

Another thing, is it normal for a genesis fort to be soo placid? I'm on my 3rd year and haven't had _ANY_ combat yet. There's only hostile snakemen (as civilization). I have tried generating 5 worlds and everytime the illithid never survive on any area with other factions. There's only an island with illithid and dwarves, but mainland with all the others is basically humans with some sylvan and snakemen. I haven't entered the cavern yet (working on my main fort) but it is a bit bland. Netiher giant ants nor elephants have attacked me which is very depressing. I want blood! It's funny to see my hunter keep on pelting the elephants with wood arrows and never actually kill them before they run off the map (he keeps on having to reload).

So, how can I make genesis much more violent and bloody? Is it too late for my current fort?

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: July 16, 2010, 08:19:20 am »

Move the end date back a couple hundred years or so?
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 642