Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229106 times)

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.81 ϟ] -> 0.31.08
« Reply #1890 on: July 03, 2010, 04:11:34 pm »

Is there any way I can use the Aspid/Obsidian breath attacks in Adventure mode?
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Diex

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 03, 2010, 05:18:11 pm »

loving this mod. After killing a frost wyrm with my meatshields we went down into the caverns and they both got melted by lost adventurers, so i took their good equipment and ran away.

only to find out later that the covering of dead flies the lost adventurers sprayed all over the stuff would melt me into a puddle of goo when i attempted to wear my old pal's stuff

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 04, 2010, 03:12:57 am »

loving this mod. After killing a frost wyrm with my meatshields we went down into the caverns and they both got melted by lost adventurers, so i took their good equipment and ran away.

only to find out later that the covering of dead flies the lost adventurers sprayed all over the stuff would melt me into a puddle of goo when i attempted to wear my old pal's stuff

Should have gone for a swim first to clean it off  ;)
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 04, 2010, 09:37:11 am »

I picture lost adventurers to look like a little like a fresh corpse walking,anyway I never knew that you could get melted by the flies,I thought they just nested in your cerebal area.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:43:38 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 06, 2010, 01:29:10 pm »

I play this mod. I embarked on a westman town only to find the queen was a giant noseless hare shooting fire.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 06, 2010, 07:06:32 pm »

You think thats bad? Try having a giant pulsating skinless ass monster

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 06, 2010, 10:45:59 pm »

Hey Deon I think giant ants should be more powerful,because a regular ant can lift things 100s of times its body weight so could you imagine a giant one?

Biologically speaking, giant insects of any sort won't work because of how they breathe. They don't have lungs the way we do. What they do have is a series of tubes called tracheals. These tracheal tubes end in what are called tracheoles. It's there that the gas transfer occurs. Although they can do some things to speed it up, their whole oxygenation process relies on diffusion. It's for this reason that even the largest insect is small to you or I-they aren't designed for a larger scale.

Of course, this is fantasy. Even Dwarf Fortress can't be expected to follow biology that closely.

Perhaps giant "insects" could have lungs, so they would be more like giant turtles, except with legs and body covered in chitin.  But good point, they wouldn't be insects in the truest sense.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 07, 2010, 04:57:04 am »

Is there any way I can use the Aspid/Obsidian breath attacks in Adventure mode?

No, it's the same as modding dragons or GCS' as playable races, you can't use their special attacks.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 07, 2010, 10:04:40 am »

Hey Deon I think giant ants should be more powerful,because a regular ant can lift things 100s of times its body weight so could you imagine a giant one?

Biologically speaking, giant insects of any sort won't work because of how they breathe. They don't have lungs the way we do. What they do have is a series of tubes called tracheals. These tracheal tubes end in what are called tracheoles. It's there that the gas transfer occurs. Although they can do some things to speed it up, their whole oxygenation process relies on diffusion. It's for this reason that even the largest insect is small to you or I-they aren't designed for a larger scale.

Of course, this is fantasy. Even Dwarf Fortress can't be expected to follow biology that closely.

Perhaps giant "insects" could have lungs, so they would be more like giant turtles, except with legs and body covered in chitin.  But good point, they wouldn't be insects in the truest sense.
unless they walked around in a sphere of higher-oxygen level air, which would allow them to exist... like they did millions of years ago.
Nom nom nom

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 07, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »

unless they walked around in a sphere of higher-oxygen level air, which would allow them to exist... like they did millions of years ago.
That seems reasonable. What would the effects of air with a higher oxygenation be on other things?
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

JagoBallium

• Bay Watcher
  • Bringer of the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 07, 2010, 07:08:47 pm »

That seems reasonable. What would the effects of air with a higher oxygenation be on other things?
Fire, lots and lots of fire.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 07, 2010, 07:16:58 pm »

Fire, lots and lots of fire.
basically yes, fossils from that period show that lightening could have caused explosions big enough to level a few acres of forest... each.
Nom nom nom

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 07, 2010, 07:19:59 pm »

If DF ever gets to a point where we can edit oxygenation and it is simulated realistically, we might need to rethink our use of magma.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 08, 2010, 11:39:26 am »

I just had a ghoul talk like a Megabeast would when it said how many people it killed,wtf?

chrisruls00

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 08, 2010, 02:58:26 pm »

I've been playing your mod for a while and I am having a lot of fun with all the changes and new additions. However, there are a couple of things I'm having problems with. First problem is that all my miners somehow end up getting hurt. When this happens they move REALLY slow and I can barely get anything done. Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it? Second problem is with the Ironworks features. I can't seem to find the finishing forge it mentions in the build list, and without it I can barely do anything with Iron and can't make steel. Besides these two issues the mod is great. I would really appreciate some help.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 642