Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229512 times)

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.81 ϟ] -> 0.31.08
« Reply #1845 on: June 25, 2010, 12:48:26 pm »

Is there a way to zoom in farther in this mod? I don't know if its the graphic set or the mod itself or what but I cannot zoom down nearly as far as with others which is difficult (I have an old crappy monitor, being able to zoom in makes it a lot easier on the eyes).

Just curious if this is something that can be adjusted somewhere.

Otherwise great Mod so far..

Oh also one other question, I started as hoofed creatures once, is this something that happens at random or what?

Thanks,

-MB

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: June 25, 2010, 03:03:54 pm »

Goes without saying that starting as a hoofed creature is pretty abnormal. Dwarf fortress is full of dwarves. Not goats.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: June 25, 2010, 03:11:38 pm »

That's.. Sorta what I figured, but they had a whole description setup (with the final part being something like "they have hooved legs covered in fur" or some such thing instead of "sturdy and fond of drink")

I'll see if I can duplicate the situation and then toss up a screenshot.

ETA:

I still have files from the Feathers/Fur/etc mod installed but I wouldn't think that would change your race and everything right? I just made a pocket world and it comes up like this.

This is the opening scene after embark

Description of one of them.

ETA2:

I went with a fresh install (no mod) and it worked normally (dwarves), but odd thing to add, the 'age of [word]' thing and hoofed creatures, the only mod I had was the fur/feathers mod and then just the latest version of genesis.. Very odd indeed.

-MB
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 03:28:50 pm by Mickey Blue »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: June 25, 2010, 04:33:01 pm »

in think fur/feathers comes with modified normal raws too, so there was probably duplicate entries.  aka FUN
Nom nom nom

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: June 25, 2010, 04:44:29 pm »

I think the training dummy is broken. I built one, but when I tried to add a task, there were no options. How do I fix this?

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: June 25, 2010, 05:26:03 pm »

I think the training dummy is broken. I built one, but when I tried to add a task, there were no options. How do I fix this?

You need to have a training weapon (made at Carpenters Workshop) to do the training. Make a weapon, don't forget to assign a specific dwarf to the Training dummy (through 'P' - workshop profile), and add training task to the workshop.
-
V.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: June 25, 2010, 06:08:40 pm »

Thanks, it works now!

Chainlinc3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: June 26, 2010, 11:42:30 am »

This is probably a really retarded question, but I installed this and I can't figure out how to tell what caste a dwarf is.  It's nothing gamebreaking, I'd just like to know.  >.<

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: June 26, 2010, 11:45:53 am »

The same menu where you view their thoughts with z.  The line in the description that says "a short, sturdy creature, fond of drink and industry," has been replaced with what kind of dwarf they are.  It is at the very bottom.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1854 on: June 26, 2010, 09:25:09 pm »

Everyone should try embarking on an area that is half evil and half regular(tree-providing).
Skeletal rabbits are fun! And in the caverns I saw a Skeletal Giant Olm.

Edit: just changed my dwarf caste ratios to fit my ideas better.

Bah, skeletal rabbits shredded two of my war dogs.
I embarked with copper bars, they were way too cheap (10€) compared to the quite-useless bismuth and lead. So I changed them to 30€ (value 6).
Trading with parent civ, they requested the zero-value skeletal-deer hooves and bones. Hmm.

Success is... ten chainmails, ten battleaxes and 200 units of beer.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:49:54 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 26, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »

Downloading now to try this out until your Wasteland mod is updated for 31.08. I'm curious if DT works with this...

*crosses fingers*

E: FYI, in the manual on the plants section, you might wanna choose different colors for "edible raw+cooked" and "edible cooked." They're almost indistinguishable, I have to lean waaaaay back, squint kinda funny, and tilt the monitor to see the difference.

E^2: First impressions time! I admit I've barely scratched the surface, but I'm going to bed soon anyhow.

-Gen'd a world, and loved the graphics pack you used. Found out it was Ironhands. I'm used to Maydays', but I think I'll switch now.
-Hmm. A manual? *click* Oh gawd the plant list is huge... I'll just stick with what I know so far. Plump helmets and pig tails for all!
-TONS of new stuff on the embark screen. I had 3 shroom dorfs and 4 stone dorfs. Is it normal to have such little variety at embark? I assume more come later, but I would've liked an admin type for my leader.
-Found a nice spot and began scratching out a hole. Was very happy that DT still worked with the mod. I haven't noticed much difference between the dorfs yet.
-Giant ant horde came by. Having no idea what they were, I just prayed they weren't looking for some tasty dorfs. They left without incident.

Things which would be nice:
-A small FAQ to highlight the actual gameplay differences between the mod and vanilla. I see the castes and new workshops in the OP, but how do they actually work in practice? Yeah I could search the thread, but I'm Urist McLazy. EG: "Oh god why is everything burning?!"/"You has !!firedorf!!" or something.
-Maybe a crash course to the mod, to go along with the FAQ? "New to Genesis 101" or something. EG: "This is a new workshop, it does [X], and allows for [new feature Y]."
-...And then adding the above items to the manual. I also mentioned above about the colors on the plant spreadsheet. I like the layout (I'm a sucker for spreadsheets) but it needs contrast.
-And this last one isn't really important, but it'd be nice to have different graphics versions. as nice as Ironhands' graphics are, some might prefer Maydays or whatever, but not want to (or know how) switch it all manually. Again, this isn't really important, but it'd be nice.

And lastly... So far so good. I'm gonna put in a few more hours tomorrow and I hope my fort doesn't burn to the (under)ground.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:34:44 am by Snook »
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 28, 2010, 04:14:39 am »

Hey Deon I have a request to make shields block less because adventurer+shield=Fu*kin' tank.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 28, 2010, 12:05:33 pm »

Here's the Genesis manual in PNG format for those who don't like it in spreadsheet format.

Hosted on http://twitpic.com/20r7zp/full
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: June 28, 2010, 12:09:06 pm »

Hey Deon I have a request to make shields block less because adventurer+shield=Fu*kin' tank.

Isn't 7th level dodging skill too elite too? All the wildlife is puny because tooth and claw is very inferior to sword and axe and chainmail.
Try having your adventurer attack a goblin fort, see if he's a super tank over there.

Edit: tried a dwarf sword-and-shield adventurer, killed 20-25 lizardfolk before died of paralysis breath attack suffocation and 30 bruised-by-spear attacks.
Reported a bug to Mantisbt, "When an adventurer kills skeletal wildlife, not all the kills are recorded in the kills page. Perhaps one third to half of the kills show up."
Another adventurer. Died of lizardfolk paralysis breath attack suffocation.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:05:22 pm by TomiTapio »

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 28, 2010, 03:39:49 pm »

Query: Can anything kill a God Brain Ganglion? I've pitted two against each other in arena mode. So far, both are alive. One's lost all it's limbs, but other than that it's fine.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 642