Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229642 times)

Shaio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.81 ϟ] -> 0.31.08
« Reply #1815 on: June 23, 2010, 04:31:47 am »

having my whole military wiped out by an obsidian dwarf, and one of those one with the paralyzing breath was oddly more amusing then infuriating.

8 goblins, 25 dwarfs, two heroic breath attacks, that managed to hit every one of my military dwarfs, and miss every goblin.

XD

Murphys law to a fault.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: June 23, 2010, 06:42:36 am »

Add me to the list that play.

ilfirin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: June 23, 2010, 09:46:45 am »

First of, excellent mod man. Got a huge question/favor for ya. How would I go about using a Mayday's graphics set? I DLed your ascii version, and the graphics set, dumped the graphics  folder over, set graphics to yes and set resolutions in the init file, and theres nothing happening. No graphics. Am I missing something? Would it be totally impossible for you to put up a pre-packaged version lol? Either way man, put me down as a player. This is the best overhaul mod Ive seen since I started playing, keep up the good work!

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: June 23, 2010, 09:50:31 am »

sun gold bars (300*) based artifacts turn into iron (50?) artifacts

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: June 23, 2010, 10:13:47 am »

Add me to ze list! By the way Derekiv ill steal your sig.

*edit*
Wheres the RAWs to mod out the syndromes my dwarves get from digging
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 10:25:47 am by Kattaroten »
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

Carpman

• Bay Watcher
  • need not work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: June 23, 2010, 12:33:30 pm »

Add me to ze list! By the way Derekiv ill steal your sig.

*edit*
Wheres the RAWs to mod out the syndromes my dwarves get from digging
They aren't there any more, he removed them a while ago.

Deon, you should have a section on the first page just for feedback and stories for this mod, it's just that awesome. For example, I embarked with a tall, clean-shaven, dark-skinned female obsidian dwarf. I made her my woodcutter and so far she has flamed both the aboveground and underground forests, taking out six naked mole rats. I imagine that the other dwarves view her as an exotic sorceress from the far east/west/north/south.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: June 23, 2010, 12:54:50 pm »

Question: How do I stockpile Compacted Peat?  I can't find it.  Am I blind or just stupid?

Its under metals.

Appearently.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: June 23, 2010, 12:57:41 pm »

Hi Deon!
I have a little balance issue re trap components.

Basically, large serrated discs in .31 are straight three times deadlier than giant axe blades. Details:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think this is an issue for material&weapon rebalance mod guys, like Arrkhal, whose mod you are using in Genesis. But I failed to find a forum thread for that particular mod, only dffd link; and PMs seem not to work, so I couldn't mail to Arrkhal himself... So I thought of nothing better than to offer you to change it in Genesis directly. Sorry if that was irrelevant =)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:18:56 pm by afoninv »
-
V.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: June 23, 2010, 01:03:44 pm »

..Has anyone else had strange issues with rats combusting and causing fires?

at first I thought it was my obsidian dwarves shooting at crows, then I found a rat body, and my obsidian dwarf detested rats so I laughed.

this is my third reembark on this location and I have no obsidian dwarves at all, burning rats seem to be the cause of my fire and I have no idea why they are igniting.. I'm not in a warm zone I am fairly sure, as my water freezes in winter and doesnt thaw until mid spring.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: June 23, 2010, 01:14:04 pm »

Always felt the Giant axes were in for flavor, a more dwarvish option. But impractical.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: June 23, 2010, 01:44:03 pm »

Basically, large serrated discs in .31 are straight three times deadlier than giant axe blades. Details:
Giant axe blades are size 1600, while large serrated disks are size 1000. The added weight should help at least a bit (though admittedly not as much as hits:3).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: June 23, 2010, 01:49:23 pm »

Giant axe blades are size 1600, while large serrated disks are size 1000. The added weight should help at least a bit (though admittedly not as much as hits:3).

Er, quite perhaps! Could you please point me in the right direction as to where I can find more info on SIZE tag affecting damage? I feel my knowledge here is lacking.
-
V.

jayseesee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: June 23, 2010, 05:06:43 pm »

Question: How do I stockpile Compacted Peat?  I can't find it.  Am I blind or just stupid?

Its under metals.

Appearently.

(Apparently)

Guess what though, it it not there either! 
Good news, however, adding [IS_STONE] to the raw allowed me to stockpile it as a stone.
I'd do that, but I don't think dwarves have words for "fair" or "logical".

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: June 23, 2010, 05:23:41 pm »

Thank you, I will fix it.
I just didn't want it in stone crafts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

arcaneeye

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: June 23, 2010, 05:54:21 pm »

Hello

I love the Genesis Mod's ideas of extra buildings, features, and more variety of races. I had a few questions and suggestions after a couple of days playing it.

QUESTIONS

1. Why are the God-Like Illithids so powerful and almost unstoppable? I noticed I was able to play as an Illithid and pick whichever kind I like such as Strange Tadpoles, Outpost Minds. Enslaved Dwarf, etc. and I could dice anything in 1 hit while playing as the God-Like Illithid
2. If Illithids have tentacles, shouldn't they be able to grab items too?
3. Why do magma finishing forges, magma cruicibles, and other magma smelters still require a source?

SUGGESTIONS

Tree Seeds
Maybe more civizilations in Dwarf Fortress Mode playable? I know how to do it. When I do, however, it messes the game up like I can't play Dwarves as a class...
More use of wood for dwarves and other races

Thank You

~My First Post~
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 02:08:49 am by arcaneeye »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 642