Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1229909 times)

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.6 ϟ] - tricks and treats
« Reply #1710 on: June 17, 2010, 03:30:26 am »

it is entirely possible however to build them yourself, but it would require some clever work of collapsing tiles and premade fires dropped into place.
all hooked to a pressure plate.

most likely not a situation that would be worth the effort, but its possible. (but modding them in as instant exploder traps is entirely impossible)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: June 17, 2010, 07:42:28 am »

Hey Deon is it worth downloading the newest genesis?or are you going to realese a newer one soon?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: June 17, 2010, 08:03:03 am »

so how do you add in your own race into this mod?
because I'm working on setting up a runesmith fort with hopefully "breeding bronze" and so far I can't seem to get them gen in.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: June 17, 2010, 11:13:31 am »

Hi Deon,

A quick note about your modded vermin. It does not rot away and has name inconsistencies (at least, in the Stocks screen):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I don't know why some positions are not forbidden when un-Tab-bed and forbidden when expanded)

Some remains with name inconsistencies (e.g. 'umber hulk', 'remains ' and 'sturgeon' when un-Tab-bed) eventually rotted away, some others ('stingray', cap hopper, cave firefly, lizard) did not.

Tested on .31.06, Genesis 2.51, for two seasons (incl. season changes) and continuing.

One more thing. Dismantling stone beds does not work for me - no such reaction at Furniture workshop. I have unforbidden stone beds at furniture stockpile, no burrows (so I presume it's not a pathing issue).
And one more - 'Furniture Workshop' turned into 'Custom Workshop' some time after after construction. Besides name change, workshop tiles became the same as Mason's Workshop tiles.
And one more =) small incorrection in manual - it says it takes a boulder to create a bed. But in game it also takes a piece of cloth. (Maybe that's because of this second component it is impossible to dismantle stone bed?)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:51:34 pm by afoninv »
-
V.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: June 17, 2010, 01:00:55 pm »

One more thing. Dismantling stone beds does not work for me - no such reaction at Furniture workshop. I have unforbidden stone beds at furniture stockpile, no burrows (so I presume it's not a pathing issue).
And one more - 'Furniture Workshop' turned into 'Custom Workshop' some time after after construction. Besides name change, workshop tiles became the same as Mason's Workshop tiles.
And one more =) small incorrection in manual - it says it takes a boulder to create a bed. But in game it also takes a piece of cloth. (Maybe that's because of this second component it is impossible to dismantle stone bed?)

furniture workshop is broken, at least for me
the custom workshop ususally occurs after a load, and i have to say, max 2 years after i start experiencing that bug, the game gets to a point where it crashes very, very often

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: June 17, 2010, 01:10:09 pm »

Nah, the custom workshop never happens if you have an initial save set on. it only happens if you build some custom buildings between your game start and your first save.

I will look into the furniture workshop. Do you mean it produces no logs from dismantling?

afoninv
Why are there two different lines for cave firefly remains? Looks like some DF bug for me :(.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

afoninv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: June 17, 2010, 04:05:49 pm »

afoninv
Why are there two different lines for cave firefly remains? Looks like some DF bug for me :(.
That one is simple: cave firefly has 2 castes, for male and female specimen. Not a bug.

As for standard, non-modded vermin remains, it seems they have no obvious bugs in rotting routine nor in representation in Stocks menu. I make a wild guess that's something wrong with the modded vermin.
-
V.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: June 17, 2010, 04:14:01 pm »

That one is simple: cave firefly has 2 castes, for male and female specimen. Not a bug.

Fireflies are so a bug!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: June 17, 2010, 11:21:24 pm »

Two more display workshops. They currently look identical to the display case. One takes a weapon rack and any weapon, while the other takes an armor stand and any bodywear. Thought deon might be interested.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: June 18, 2010, 07:52:36 am »

Add me to the list who play. I plan to try and make the first DF2010 Flarechannel. See you guys in 6 months.

tHe_silent_H

• Bay Watcher
  • Did you win?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: June 18, 2010, 08:06:40 am »

I have an (stolen)idea, new ways to create booze. I saw this in the Gustatory Science Mod. They had an animal called the boozebelly goat, of which the cheese from it could be made into alcohol, i wonder what other products you could make brewable(extracts, cheese, meat/bones/other by-products, silk even). Could produce some interesting results.
Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

It is incredibly satisfying to kill a man with a butterfly.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: June 18, 2010, 11:49:26 am »

I have an (stolen)idea, new ways to create booze. I saw this in the Gustatory Science Mod. They had an animal called the boozebelly goat, of which the cheese from it could be made into alcohol, i wonder what other products you could make brewable(extracts, cheese, meat/bones/other by-products, silk even). Could produce some interesting results.

Does that cheese-booze get stockpiled under "Animal Drinks"?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: June 18, 2010, 01:55:12 pm »

The problem is that whenever the cheese is stored into a barrel, you can no longer work with it. And you can't get it out easily. Thus I didn't use such a feature yet.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: June 18, 2010, 02:27:19 pm »

Drink is a plant tag (maybe creature tag, I haven't tested that) rather  than a generic material tag, so most of those things would have to be turned into plants first by reactions, like I do with dew spider thread.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: June 18, 2010, 06:27:50 pm »

I was bored with plain df, so I copied in your jade dwarves, how do I know if a specific dwarf is a jade dwarf?
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 642