Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230591 times)

Talmanaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 2.3 ϟ] - Material fix
« Reply #1440 on: June 09, 2010, 01:15:33 pm »

Dang, I issed a DF Update :o

But I won't with this one!!!

now I gonna have to wait for you to set-up a 0.31.06 version... :/

But otherwise, looks great! Thanks for Making this mod! ;D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 09, 2010, 02:21:10 pm »

I am pretty sure that you can just grab your save and stick it in 0.31.06, or copy raw files and set up graphics. The versions are totally compatible.

Also I think I should rename peat to compact peat to avoid further confusion. Which name would you suggest?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 09, 2010, 02:36:02 pm »

compact or maybe petrified sounds good.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 09, 2010, 02:40:25 pm »

It should be compact then. Because if it was petrified, minerals would replace organic components and it wouldn't be transformable into fuel.

I also think about making petrified wood into gem (btw in RL it's a state gem of Washington) and add a reaction to transform it into wood in the Altar of Nature.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 09, 2010, 02:53:16 pm »

Ah, I was thinking you were going for some sort of oil/natural gas feel with the peat because I am pretty sure both form in peat bogs.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 09, 2010, 04:40:22 pm »

I am pretty sure that you can just grab your save and stick it in 0.31.06, or copy raw files and set up graphics. The versions are totally compatible.

Also I think I should rename peat to compact peat to avoid further confusion. Which name would you suggest?
Does this mean I can just take your ASCII version and copy the raw folder to a new install of DF .06? I'll be giving it another try with partial print on I think.
I have no idea how I can get it faster, but according to the wiki the partial print thing should work from .05 and up.

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 09, 2010, 04:59:44 pm »

Does this work with the windows SDL Version of DF .06 as well? Not just the legacy version? I want all the newly merged graphics etc. If so how do I install it to ensure I'm using the DF .06 graphics to its fullest?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 09, 2010, 05:13:58 pm »

Okay, I told it earlier but no harm to repeat it again.

1) You grab the whole /raw/ folder and replace the DF raws. Also you grab /data/speech/ folder and replace those too.
2) You get /data/art/ironhand.png and copy it to /data/art/ of 0.31.06
3) You open init.txt of 0.31.06 and set up ironhand.png as a default font and required resolution. If you don't know how to do it, open init.txt of the current Genesis mod and check it.

Does this mean I can just take your ASCII version and copy the raw folder to a new install of DF .06? I'll be giving it another try with partial print on I think.
I have no idea how I can get it faster, but according to the wiki the partial print thing should work from .05 and up.
Exactly, but don't forget to grab /data/speech/ folder too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 09, 2010, 05:48:29 pm »

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't sure what you were referring to in your previous post. I used to just extract your zip into my clean install of DF and that was that. I had no idea you only do those few steps for the SDL windows version. One question however, and if you don't want to help I understand because I suppose this should be on the DF forums but I have a resolution of 1920x1200 wide screen LCD and DF is really tiny. I noticed in your ini the graphics are turned on for example:
[GRAPHICS:YES]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDX:1280]
[GRAPHICS_WINDOWEDY:800]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:ironhand.png]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:0]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:ironhand.png]
[GRAPHICS_BLACK_SPACE:YES]

but in DF's version it is off in the ini. I assume I do not want it on so it will use the new SDL grapical version? Anyway, my point is if I set what I can set outside of those options above like these options:
[WINDOWEDX:1680]
[WINDOWEDY:1050]
[FONT:curses_640x300.png]

and having [BLACK_SPACE:YES]  why do I get a tiny picture in the top left corner of my window instead of it filling out the resized window? Even if I touch no settings and just drag the window to the size I want the picture is tiny. What do I need to do?

**** OK I think I understand now. It is OK to have [GRAPHICS:YES], that just lets you use the tilesets right? So by having it set to yes, I do dont lose the SDL version right? If its ok, then I got the graphics set the way I want.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 06:38:43 pm by crazz2323 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 09, 2010, 06:43:31 pm »

GRAPHICS:ON or OFF only determine do you use creature graphics or not, nothing else.

and having [BLACK_SPACE:YES]  why do I get a tiny picture in the top left corner of my window instead of it filling out the resized window? Even if I touch no settings and just drag the window to the size I want the picture is tiny. What do I need to do?
Scroll your mouse wheel to get a desired zoom level.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 09, 2010, 06:51:06 pm »

Thanks! I do have another question if you don't mind. Do you still plan to have other graphic tile sets like Mike Mayday's or some of the others that you had before? I choose the graphical version of your downloads and unless I'm doing something wrong, the graphics options you used to have looked much nicer (no offense).

If not can i change it to Mayday's myself?

*** Nevermind i was doing something wrong! I never added the ironhand to both places in the graphics settings just one! Sorry! It looks great!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:05:44 pm by crazz2323 »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 09, 2010, 07:45:15 pm »

I may do it later but with the constant updates I just don't have time for now.

Anyway, the graphics look like this:

Also I've spent a lot of time mapping different colors and tiles of leaves/stems/grains/flowers for each plant so I would like graphics-lovers to appreciate it :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 09, 2010, 07:57:21 pm »

Hey deon I found a glitch I was playing as a void master mind flayer and I cut off a giant ants head with my reaper sword [doom was injected] and it was still alive.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 09, 2010, 08:16:00 pm »

How? o_O. Did you happen to get a save?

P.S. Omg. I forgot to fix an old body stuff. Giant ants have two heads. Oh god silly me, fixing now. Just pretend that they teleported from Fallout world :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 09, 2010, 08:52:09 pm »

I may do it later but with the constant updates I just don't have time for now.

Anyway, the graphics look like this:

Also I've spent a lot of time mapping different colors and tiles of leaves/stems/grains/flowers for each plant so I would like graphics-lovers to appreciate it :P.

Believe me, the graphics are awesome. Honestly the best I have ever used.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 642