Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230656 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I know you're probably bogged down at the moment, but would you be willing to consider adding new human civilizations in future? I have some old 40d-era raws I cooked up floating around for material (they are fantasy counterpart cultures to the tribal kingdoms of Africa and the desert kingdoms of the Middle East), along with graphics for them (custom made Chariot ones and repurposed Haradrim graphics from your Middle Earth mod).
That graphic set is from my long-dead mod DFC (dwarf fortress complete) where they were called nippons. Sure hats would be cool.

This mod seems incredible. As soon as I get some free time, I will play this.

Is this the most complete mod out there (e.g. assimilates other mods), except for Dig Deeper?
Is there some mod that has every popular mod rolled into one?
Eh, I see no reason to mix mods because they do basicly the same in different fashion. The only cool stuff could be a separate creature pack, but you can just take different creature_genesis_***.txt files (don't forget the body file) for that.

Civilization forge has a lot of races and while it has less workshops and no specific dwarven castes (and I think less creatures and plants) it has more distinct races. Chocolate mod has its own awesome parts. So yeah.

I wonder if Deon will add steel crabs?damn they would be hard for a dwarf to rid them from his beard :D [sorry if that was offensive no i am really sorry]
Sure, why not.

RUNNING TO EXAM! It's in 35 minutes. See ya soon (I hope) :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
death by booze.
« Reply #1396 on: June 08, 2010, 01:27:43 am »

Oh the horror of my worst death ever!My steel dwarf was a legendary wrestler/hammerdwarf/observer and more and he found an ettin in a cave entrance so he killed it [pretty damn tough ettin too i had broken all of its bones and all of its wounds were spraying blood and it had a cyan heart/stomach/pancreas and left brain and it survived for about 6 minutes of spamming wait]its cave was SURROUNDED by booze [i have seen booze around a cave but not this much before]moats of booze,booze rivers and more but that ettin was a worthy opponant so i had to burn its corpse and get its bones [forgetting that alchohol is flamable] and when he woke up FWOOOSH!Burning hot booze EVERYWHERE!he soon bled out but at least he had the dwarf dream death,death by booze.Beer battered dwarf anyone?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 01:50:53 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

God damn i am loving playing as god brain ganglions because they have force fields and turn peoples blood into FIYAH!!!Also are god brain ganglions meant to be able to bite?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 02:12:32 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

coinich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When i run dwarf fortress [with mod of course] the window is so small i cannot see anything in it,how can i make it larger?
Do you play ASCII version? Go into your /data/init.txt, you can change resolution and font there.

Also you can resize your DF window with mouse and zoom with mousewheel.

Excellent mod, thanks.  I love it, though occasionally the extra complexity makes things a tad bit convoluted...
Yeah I know what you mean, but I guess common DF seems too "simple" for me in some things so I wanted more complexity :). I hope my XML documentation helps you a bit.

I figured out much of it, but I didn't realize there were XMLs to read through, thanks.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If Deon bothers to add the modified iron crab pet, I'll advise everyone by telling them that they burn -everything- they touch. If something lays down on their tile - melts. If they latch on to something - melts. Oddly it's spit attack doesnt cause burns though. And they make great pets to have around on tundra! Melts the snow...Just dont bring them onto a glacier....BAD idea.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is a few questions for deon,is it possible to have a pet on adventure mode?and what are the advantages and disadvantages of the illithid races??Also this is the best mod i have played EVER.also i have got another question:why are there so many raptors and giant ants?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 08:05:55 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

wow. this mod is vast! and it really pushes the boundaries. I'm going to try playing it, but it has also inspired me to start modding again myself. I was a bit put off by the new version's raws' complexity. Just skimmed through most of this thread thinking about modding possibilities. I may have missed answers skimming, but I have a couple of questions:

Earlier you talked about liquids as bodies being vulnerable. Are gas bodies the same way?

How does using multiple creature types in a civ work - are they evenly distributed, or distributed according to the creature raw?

EDIT: and a third question, about your mod itself: why not use the MAGIC_NATURE skill for the altar of nature?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:46:41 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here ya go, for the hat:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_HELM:ITEM_HELM_ORIENTAL_SUNHAT]
[NAME:conical sun hat:conical sun hats]
[WEIGHT:10]
[VALUE:10]
[BLOCKPOWER:5]
[LAYER:OVER]
[COVERAGE:40]
[LAYER_SIZE:10]
[LAYER_PERMIT:100]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:2]
[SOFT]
[LEATHER]

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile

Hey having a blast with this mod, changed some raw's to play as the nords =P making a tundra aboveground village. im running into a strange problem though. im getting the occasional unexplained crash. no error message but it freezes, Stonesense and DT throw up error messages and DF just stops. i dont know if its the mod or something with my install but has anyone else had an unexplained crash?
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Hey having a blast with this mod, changed some raw's to play as the nords =P making a tundra aboveground village. im running into a strange problem though. im getting the occasional unexplained crash. no error message but it freezes, Stonesense and DT throw up error messages and DF just stops. i dont know if its the mod or something with my install but has anyone else had an unexplained crash?
There's a few causes of crashes in vanilla. Some that're apparently fixed for next version are linked to nearly depleted soap and glob items in the stock list.

How does using multiple creature types in a civ work - are they evenly distributed, or distributed according to the creature raw?
Each creature entry in an entity gets its own civilization whenever possible. I've seen it mentioned that a random creature is chosen, but that's not the case. The cap on the number of civilizations is still observed, which might give that impression.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so i dled the newest version of the mod

peat fix and added ores are working but there are several issues

1) cant bring anything aside the copper picks and axes , this is probably intentional , but i dont think its justified, if someone likes playing ith undwarfly 10k e-points, let him
2) cant get any weapons on embark aside copper ones, brass mace and one thing I forgot. Whats the point of that?
3) I cant find the added steel workshops anywhere.
4) stones screen is broken, cant see like 80% of the rocks and can see metals (intentional?), efectively rending useless all of the pitchblende stones i took with me.

also, is swampy peat the same as the normal peat?

edit: ilmenite is now the cheapest iron ore, one rock is still worth 3 ducks

i just saw the " material fix"thingy , i will see if any of the above have anything to do with it
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:35:38 am by Z1000000m »

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the size and white bits, cant help that.

No custom smelters here. The problem is the race doesn't have the BUILDING entities, only the reaction ones.

Add:

[PERMITTED_BUILDING:FORGE_FINISHING]
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:FORGE_FINISHING_MAGMA]
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:CRUCIBLE]
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:CRUCIBLE_MAGMA]
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:BLAST_FURNACE]
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:BLAST_FURNACE_MAGMA]
   [PERMITTED_BUILDING:FURNACE_CHARCOAL]

Should work

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why is that?

are dorfs not supposed to use them?
or just deon had one more than he should? :P

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suppose he had to go to an exam or it was very late that he made this. He's doing 3 major projects at once and needs some rest too. I don't blaim him at all, he is overworked.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Wow. Yeah it was an exam and a night without sleep doooh. I will check everything tonight and patch it. Btw exam didn't go well, eh at least I didn't fail it :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 642