Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230657 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn you Deon, everytime I try to quit df because it keeps crashing, you put some new and cool stuff into the mod :|

Seriously though, that behemot is nearly a df_v2

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gateball is not playable because it's like a football, but there's no point to play it single :P. I told it a few dozens pages back.

Thanks for the info about crematorium, I definitely forgot it.

While we're on the subject of things mentioned a few dozen pages back (;)), how do you feel about the current training building setup?  Right now, you can train a variety of useful skills for essentially no cost.  Which is fine.  But it does sort of constrain the design space for training reactions (One of the exports I had in mind for the surface illithid civ was expendable psychic training aids).

So, if I modded things so that the theater dwarves periodically needed new plays to perform, which had to be composed by prose-dwarves laboring in the library or at their desks, and made the training dummies mechanized and made them periodically consume mechanisms, etc, would you use it?
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How am i supposed to use the training dummies?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Gateball is not playable because it's like a football, but there's no point to play it single :P. I told it a few dozens pages back.

Thanks for the info about crematorium, I definitely forgot it.

While we're on the subject of things mentioned a few dozen pages back (;)), how do you feel about the current training building setup?  Right now, you can train a variety of useful skills for essentially no cost.  Which is fine.  But it does sort of constrain the design space for training reactions (One of the exports I had in mind for the surface illithid civ was expendable psychic training aids).

So, if I modded things so that the theater dwarves periodically needed new plays to perform, which had to be composed by prose-dwarves laboring in the library or at their desks, and made the training dummies mechanized and made them periodically consume mechanisms, etc, would you use it?

Hm, a chance to consume a reagent would be okay, but it means that each time it's used you would get a non-quality product (because you can't make a chance to preserve reagent, and new products do not have quality), that's why I didn't make it. Plus it would be too complex, people already can't get it to work :). It would be a nice optional thing though.

How am i supposed to use the training dummies?
Assign a dwarf to a training dummy, make sure you have a training weapon, go into dummy menu and tell them to train. It's written in the XML file too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Did you use the init I gave you? Did you try the graphical version?
Yes i did use the init but still the same thing happened and is it possible to download the graphic version in parts?because it keeps on timing out on me [by parts i mean graphics,objects and data seperatly.]

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know you're probably bogged down at the moment, but would you be willing to consider adding new human civilizations in future? I have some old 40d-era raws I cooked up floating around for material (they are fantasy counterpart cultures to the tribal kingdoms of Africa and the desert kingdoms of the Middle East), along with graphics for them (custom made Chariot ones and repurposed Haradrim graphics from your Middle Earth mod).

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does this mod work with dwarf fortress version 31.03 or do i have to download 31.05?

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

should work with all. no raw changes since 31.03

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It works for 0.31.03 if you take /data/speech/ and /raw/ folders of this mod and replace them in 0.31.03. However 0.31.03 has some nasty bugs with smelting and other crashing errors so I don't see why don't you want to use 0.31.05.

Also graphical version is full, I mean it doesn't require additional downloads, it contains DF in iteself.

Did you use the init I gave you? Did you try the graphical version?
Yes i did use the init but still the same thing happened and is it possible to download the graphic version in parts?because it keeps on timing out on me [by parts i mean graphics,objects and data seperatly.]
I can find a different hosting for you and upload it in parts. You have to wait a bit though because I have an exam in two hours. When I come back home I will help you with it.

I know you're probably bogged down at the moment, but would you be willing to consider adding new human civilizations in future? I have some old 40d-era raws I cooked up floating around for material (they are fantasy counterpart cultures to the tribal kingdoms of Africa and the desert kingdoms of the Middle East), along with graphics for them (custom made Chariot ones and repurposed Haradrim graphics from your Middle Earth mod).
Sure. However Chariot's graphics have different style (simple) which really contrasts with Sphr's tiles. I will have to tweak/redraw them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Praetyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also have a much more minor addition for the Osman's, one I made to my own private Oriental human subrace. It gave them the glorious conical hat of straw as a common helm, which fit quite well with my privately adapted graphics (which happen to be the same as yours, might have come in an earlier version of this mod under another name). Just a minor cosmetic addition, but it did give them some flavour, and something to build off in future versions where clothing is more fleshed out.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

This mod seems incredible. As soon as I get some free time, I will play this.

Is this the most complete mod out there (e.g. assimilates other mods), except for Dig Deeper?
Is there some mod that has every popular mod rolled into one?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:18:00 pm by Cheddarius »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon don't bother uploading it in parts for me because it finally downloaded without timing out! a fistfull of metal for you \m/ [its mostly aluminum but you might find some iron]

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

BREAKING NEWS

Nigthwings will Frell you up. Frell you GOOD.

Just though you should now.

And I miss Farscape too...

yeah
damn great show that
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder if Deon will add steel crabs?damn they would be hard for a dwarf to rid them from his beard :D [sorry if that was offensive no i am really sorry]
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 642