Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1230771 times)

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.8 ϟ] - Altars and Raptors
« Reply #1335 on: June 06, 2010, 03:37:35 pm »

Aye aye, thanks.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

2.0 is out. 3:30 AM here, really tired here folks. I struggled the whole half of the night trying to make everything to work as intended.

Just ASCII version for now. I will patch up and upload graphics version for you tomorrow after I take some sleep, I promise. I am honestly really tired now, doh.

I don't even have time/desire/strength/write-your-own-reason to make a full changelog.

Let me copy something from my previous posts...

1) All animals are pets, at least until Dungeon Master is fixed.
2) I've decided to get rid of 1-hit-axe behaviour of most weapons so I lowered their contact surface by 10x or more. But I now use Arkkhal's material overhaul (with appropriate tweaks) and thus everything works fine for me.
3) I integrate Mephansteras's Ironworks mod.
4) New speech text for threats and some situations, tons of new engravings (integrating Umiman's Small Things mod plus my additions).
5) Tons of new cooked food types (my old Things You Eat mod).
6) New metals and materials (cobalt as metal and goethite as a new iron ore found in bogs and soil; oh yeah there're different mire and bog soil types with peat which cannot be turned into coke).

Plus D_E's works:
- Better balor. An awesome guy with a whip and a blade which spray molten iron. Also he has shome shadows around him which protect him from a few first strikes (but fall off quite fast :P).
- Illithid empire, with a crazy setup of different castes, I am really astonished.

Have fun. See you tomorrow!

P.S. Also a rework of an old Deej's mod "Soil is fun". The peat is gone. There're other types of new soil (swamp peat, raised mire, black bog etc.) which may contain a peat (as a stone) which you can smelt into coke, also they host a new mineral "goethite", which is an ore of iron. That's right, an iron in your soil! It has only 50% chance to produce iron though, and with the new Ironworks feature (iron cannot be used for armors/weapons until transformed into wrought iron) it is OK for me.

P.P.S. This is a rare case when I remove something. I removed the Crematorium building because Kiln does the same job greatly. Also usually I never build kiln, so this is another reason to do so.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 06:29:21 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

What, a new version already?

There goes my fortress. :P

Anyway, good job!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Do you use ASCII or graphics? I could make a graphics version for you but I am really deadly tired.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you use ASCII or graphics? I could make a graphics version for you but I am really deadly tired.
ASCII. What I mean is that all these new changes will render my fortress outdated. And I just can't stand having my fortresses outdated.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Heh, I still play two fortresses from 1.5 and 1.64.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Cariyaga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suggest a compendium of changes from standard. Because I dunno what's what.

Also, yay new version!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

NEW VERSION YESS
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

cant wait for graphics version, woo.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, I'll try to find out how to get it faster soon. :) Just don't have too much time on my sleeve right now so I hoped for some quick playing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I suggest a compendium of changes from standard. Because I dunno what's what.

Also, yay new version!
Eh, most of changes are in the first post, also there's an XML file with all the plants and workshops (DF_Genesis_manual.xml). I cannot add more explanation without translating all raws :). Look, there're all castes and creatures (well, most of them) in the first post, there're explanations of additional features and changes to metals, and there are all plants with their extracts and products and all workshops with their reactions in the xml file.

So, what else? If you want to know something more specific, just ask.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have any other metals in mind that you want to add Deon?

Here's what I would like in, in order of highest to lowest:
(High) Chromium. (To actually get Chromium, Chromite and Aluminum should be melted together in a reaction, leaving only Chromium [I guess?]).
(High)   Stainless steel (Directly related to Chromium).
(Medium) Tungsten. Ore: Wolframite/Scheelite (Gems, ores though reaction). Uses methods beyond dwarves current technology. Pah.
(Low) Rhodium (Sometimes found when melting Platinum).
(Low) Palladium (Sometimes found when melting Platinum).

I mean, it can't hurt to add these right?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I thought about chromium and stainless steel, I have them both in my Wasteland mod.
Palladium and Rhodium feel nice :P. Also everything which is beyond dwarven technology may be gained through... Alchemy! :) That's right. Or altars of the gods which are still undeveloped (I still have only two).

The graphics version is ready. It uses new Ironhand's set. You will have to adapt to it, but I assure you that you will love it :). And I changed it a bit, but just 3-4 tiles.

Wait till I upload it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

And all right, the graphics version is up. Have fun!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just had a new idea of a trap weapon.

A Slab. That's right, a Slab. Three pieces of metal forged into one large cube of metal. Crude but effective. What do you think?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 642