Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231039 times)

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.8 ϟ] - Altars and Raptors
« Reply #1215 on: May 27, 2010, 11:25:18 pm »

*facepalm* I thought I've fixed that.

Open creature_genesis_reptile.txt, the first creature is cave turtoise. All you need to do is to add [CHILD:1] to it.

Thank you sir, will do!
Thanks again for this awesome mod!
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 28, 2010, 07:14:43 am »

Is the metal smiths forge the all around forge now? cant find any others in the building menu. And how the hell do I get my army guys to equip training weaponry and actually train with it? Is there a way to get my army guys specifically to use training dummy and obstacle course? right now it is just random who shows up to use it.
P (workshops profile) allows you to tie specific dwarves to ANY workshop. Same applies to crematory, altars and other workshops.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 28, 2010, 09:17:32 am »

I think I already told you about that. And yeah, just replace the dwarf entry.

/facepalm

Well yeah you told me the same thing that the guy above said. Perhaps I should be more clear.

HOW DO I GET YOUR CASTE DWARVES INTO THE CIV FORGE MOD IN A SIMPLE STEP BY STEP PROCESS THAT SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT MOD COULD UNDERSTAND.

Also
And bear in mind flattery tends to get you further than honesty when asking for something.

I dislike ass kissing to get my way and I hope that this post comes out less dickish then it sounds. I am not trying to be mean or angry but I am rather frustrated by not only this topic but others where I ask for help and people expect me to know what they are talking about when I do not venture into the raws very much if at all.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:20:48 am by LordShotGun »
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1218 on: May 28, 2010, 12:00:25 pm »

/facepalm

Well yeah you told me the same thing that the guy above said. Perhaps I should be more clear.

HOW DO I GET YOUR CASTE DWARVES INTO THE CIV FORGE MOD IN A SIMPLE STEP BY STEP PROCESS THAT SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT MOD COULD UNDERSTAND.

Also
And bear in mind flattery tends to get you further than honesty when asking for something.

I dislike ass kissing to get my way and I hope that this post comes out less dickish then it sounds. I am not trying to be mean or angry but I am rather frustrated by not only this topic but others where I ask for help and people expect me to know what they are talking about when I do not venture into the raws very much if at all.

People are not inclined to offer assistance when you behave like you are entitled to having your hand held and being walked through the process without bothering to attempt to do so yourself.

Go into creatures_standard.  Delete the dwarf entry.  Copy the dwarf entry from this mod.  Paste it into the space where the original dwarf entry used to be.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 28, 2010, 12:40:57 pm »

The link for the ASCII version in the op points to the wrong file. Currently, it points to
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2366
The ASCII version of 1.8 is at
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2404
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 28, 2010, 01:34:02 pm »

/facepalm

Also

People are not inclined to offer assistance when you behave like you are entitled to having your hand held and being walked through the process without bothering to attempt to do so yourself.

Go into creatures_standard.  Delete the dwarf entry.  Copy the dwarf entry from this mod.  Paste it into the space where the original dwarf entry used to be.

Thank you, that it all I wanted to know. Now was that so hard? Sigh...I apologise for my previous posting that may have offended anyone but can you see how this could be at least slightly frustrating? This is not the first time I asked for help and I just got the same answer 3 times.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:41:23 pm by LordShotGun »
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 28, 2010, 01:59:43 pm »

Sigh...I apologise for my previous posting that may have offended anyone but can you see how this could be at least slightly frustrating? This is not the first time I asked for help and I just got the same answer 3 times.
It's the scholar's dilemma: how much do you assume the other person knows or is willing to find out? Modders are inherently scholars to an extent - academics who don't hold back when they want to learn and who then want to do something with that knowledge. In a modding sub-forum, everyone assumes the readers by default have a degree of scholar's thirst in them. It's hard for a scholar to give step-by-step instructions because of the annoying prickling feeling that they're dumbing it down too much just in case the other side already knew some/most of it already.

So yeah, it's one of those odd cases where people trying to be polite end up being impolite.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:05:53 pm by Psieye »
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

JusticeRings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 28, 2010, 03:28:43 pm »

Not to mention the whole "Was that so hard?..." thing is pretty condescending to people you are asking for assistance from.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1223 on: May 28, 2010, 06:14:30 pm »

Thank you, that it all I wanted to know. Now was that so hard? Sigh...I apologise for my previous posting that may have offended anyone but can you see how this could be at least slightly frustrating? This is not the first time I asked for help and I just got the same answer 3 times.
That's because if you are on a modding forum, it's assumed that you know the basic mechanism of modding.

The condescension is not appreciated.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 28, 2010, 06:39:13 pm »

LordShotGun: Shaostoul didn't make this guide for nothing, and I just updated the modding guides section of the wiki today so a link to the guide appears.

And a mod thread is not necessarily a place to ask all of your questions, only if they're related to the topic of the thread. Hence Modders' Workshop, Shaostoul's Modding Guide, and Deon's old modding experience thread (that died unfortunately).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:44:35 am by Daywalkah »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1225 on: May 29, 2010, 02:46:24 am »

How to remove the puzzle things ? They annoy the fuck out of me.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 03:08:05 am by Dbuhos »

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 29, 2010, 07:41:26 am »

Puzzle...boxes? Just go into the text file entity_default and delete all instances of [TOY:ITEM_TOY_PUZZLEBOX] and no civilization will be able to make, or bring them. If you want to remove them from existence itself, go to item_toy and delete the puzzlebox entry.

That was what you were asking, right?

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1227 on: May 29, 2010, 07:50:05 am »

Yup, they were everywhere ! :D
Thanks.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 29, 2010, 08:41:57 am »

The link for the ASCII version in the op points to the wrong file. Currently, it points to
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2366
The ASCII version of 1.8 is at
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2404
Thank you. I think it was an error which lead to many people downloading non-ascii version :(.

Puzzle...boxes? Just go into the text file entity_default and delete all instances of [TOY:ITEM_TOY_PUZZLEBOX] and no civilization will be able to make, or bring them. If you want to remove them from existence itself, go to item_toy and delete the puzzlebox entry.

That was what you were asking, right?
Hehe, these are default toys from DF. What's so wrong about them? Well, I think it's a matter of taste.

/facepalm

Sorry, I thought you know basics considering the amount of documentation, tutorials and helpful threads all around the forum. I didn't mean to insult you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1229 on: May 29, 2010, 09:11:57 am »

D:I know but they were everywhere. At last 2 per 10x10 space.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 642