Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231013 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.8 ϟ] - Altars and Raptors
« Reply #1185 on: May 25, 2010, 04:02:22 pm »

Oh yeah, some lovecraftian monstrosities for evil glaciers would be cool. Right now glaciers are lacking IMHO, especially evil ones.

I will look what can I come up with regarding to Altar of Armok for the next release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: May 25, 2010, 04:33:42 pm »

Well, Lovecraft had Wendigos, which are always pretty fun, and giant obnoxious but otherwise harmless penguins. The Shoggoths were at the antarctic too.
If you want to look further afield, Clark Ashton Smith wrote a good story called "The Coming of the White Worm" which had an evil god in the form of a giant freezing worm, with eyes made out of blood. Uh...there was a good monster in Native American mythology called the Baykok, which was a giant ogre with transparent skin - that could go well in a cold area.

What about an ancient Great Old One that's been unfrozen from a Glacier, and now roams about up there?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 25, 2010, 04:45:14 pm »

About Great Old One?

That's what my hero from a tiny browser game just said:

I've made a little comparison between the Great One and boozing. I mean, my head aches from both of them, but I think boozing is more pleasant.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 25, 2010, 04:54:57 pm »

Heh. Why don't you make a monster that's at the minimum temperature possible? I DARE YOU

EDIT: A giant grey monster that's from a distant planet that orbits a dead sun, so it's trying to suck in all the heat it can. No eyes, just a giant mouth, and it crawls on its hands and knees.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:59:21 pm by Lancensis »

jasonxfri13th

• Bay Watcher
  • He is Jesus and Raptor combined!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 25, 2010, 05:54:16 pm »

If you update your version without making a new world/fortress, what things will work and what won't?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 25, 2010, 05:55:23 pm »

New custom buildings with reactions do not appear and new animals too... Changes to existing stuff work though.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 25, 2010, 09:08:29 pm »

flying polyps would be so epic. Dont know how you would make it so they're "invisible" though. making it so they hide doesn't really cut it.

Shoggoths on the other hand are easy mode for making available. basic blob body, six tentacles, four eyes. giant blood-sucking lamprey mouths.

IMO, an epic idea would be a glacier-only civilization of neanderthal men. Or go the way of warhammer and make Chaos Raiders from the frozen wastes complete with mutation castes.
Pestilence Raiders - Rotting behemoths that spew miasma and feel no pain
War Raiders - Giant hulking brutes with two-handed weapons and heavy armor
Magic Raiders - Fire, Ice, Lightning. Whatever you want them to throw at people!
Pain Raiders - Crippling and agony inducing weapons, really fast buggers.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 26, 2010, 03:25:05 am »

added dragon raptors (thanks Asfghn) and raptors
AHHHHH, FANGIRLING YOU SO HARD RIGHT NOW. <3 <3 <3

CANNOT WAIT TO GENERATE A NEW WORLD AND PIMP OUT MY FORT WITH SOME GUARD RAPTORS, YEAAAHHHHH

By definition, your dwarves have already failed numerous sanity checks by the time they've arrived to found a fortress...  A little cosmic dread isn't going to phase a pioneering dwarf.
I lol'd.

Also edited for like the millionth time to add that HMMM, A PLAYABLE RACE OF SENTIENT RAPTORS WOULD BE AWESOMESAUCE.

I should probably be going to bed if I am seriously considering / endorsing thoughts like these. :I
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 03:32:18 am by asfghn »
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 26, 2010, 05:28:42 am »

Honestly >_> dont see why the raptors would need to be playable let alone a civilization. I mean, it wasn't too long ago Deon added the enemy civilization of snakemen. More/less the same thing.

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 26, 2010, 05:42:06 am »

Did you know that naga saliva makes you nauseous? I discovered this after i bit a giant ant with my black naga, sucked its blood and injected naga saliva into the giant ant ichor.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 26, 2010, 09:09:17 am »

Ugh, it should cause paralysis. Probably your target was too big or resisted it well.

And yeah, snakemen has lizardmen as one of their castes, so technically it would be the same thing as raptor-people. You should already be happy, Asfghn ;). Why did you pick such a strange name?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 26, 2010, 10:13:30 am »

I just generated a 2000 year world using Genesis 1.8.  I was hoping for some epic wars, but instead I got an interesting dwarven civ.

I'd be interested is doing a community fort with it, but I just started one not too long ago.  But if there is any interest, possibly a community/succession game?  Just thought I would post it here first before actually setting up a thread in the comm games part of the forums.

Here's the world history info for the civ:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They founded a city in year 1.  It was destroyed in year 5 by a goblin civilization led by a
They have no other cities.  And yet almost 2000 years later they appear to still be going strong.  In legends mode they routinely appoint kings, queens, generals, liasons, and diplomats.

I generated the world with:

Embarking on the mountainhome site using embarkanywhere, there is already well over 700000 in created wealth.  So FUN beasties should come after only a few trade seasons.

Do you think that without having a city, caravans would still come?  I've played with dead civs before where they never do, but I've never seen a civilization in exile.

Also, as there has been a lot of Lovecraft talk lately, take a look at the worship list of one of the other dwarven civs in this game.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 26, 2010, 10:26:53 am »

I like how the first king worshipped the deity of war, but after he died and they lost their only city all others no longer believed in the war god who betrayed them and started to worship the deity of blight, trying to please him. I think they were a rogue nation of necromancers after all :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 26, 2010, 10:50:51 am »

Cog the Castle of Biting, deity: fortresses, war, death

I want this in every game. A giant God that looks like a fortress to fool immigrants, and then bites them to death. It's symbolic of the whole process of emmigration.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 26, 2010, 08:03:52 pm »

0.o I got a dwarven god that takes the form of a forgotten beast?

And I think there was another one about some vomit giant?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 642