Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231168 times)

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really, though, on a less serious note, of course raptors are capable of conquering oceans. Where have you been, Lancensis? :P

In a reinforced shack on a desolate island, just waiting for the inevitable....

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57830.0;topicseen
Used your mod, mainly my post are what I want you to see Deon ^_^
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what i meant is that after a few saves i was able to make high boots (i assume i shouldnt be, in most forts i can't) in the fort that later kept crashing
now i have the same thing, and every piece of armor or weapon has no quality (they are all just "material.object")
it's not a bug with the symbols, value shows that they are all crappy quality

also whats with the steel cost? a cost of a non-q steel axe is 1020* (or its just another bug in my fort)

now this all happened after i applied the patch that added the psyh
dont know if the arm and weapons didnt have quality before, was busy smashing every non exeptional piece of furniture
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 07:54:23 pm by Z1000000m »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yep I didn't notice any impact on the quality in the new version either.

What made you think that you can't make high boots? Nonsense. There's just a feature of df: if there're different types of some clothing/armor, one of types may be unavaliable for a civilization. Thus you were unlucky with high boots.

Thanks for implementing the original ASCII version!
Speaking of ASCII, 1.74 is not ascii, it is pure graphics, and I've spent tons of time applying those cool Ironhand's plant graphics :). I will make two versions of 1.75, with graphics and ascii.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57830.0;topicseen
Used your mod, mainly my post are what I want you to see Deon ^_^
Sorry, I didn't see a mention about my mod. Which post relates to it? Do you mean the one with elves taking over the world? Which elves, sylvan elves I suppose? What's up with dusk elves, did they die off? And Ezrakim elves?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 08:07:46 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, so I downloaded the pseudographic set, and noticed it had a prepackaged copy of DF on it, so I started it up, and... the window is way to big. Anyway I can shrink it, or something?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oh sure, that's just wrong init setting which fits my widescreen. Go into /data/init/init.txt and set up the resolution or the number of tiles you need (windowed and/or fullscreen). If you can't find the lines, they are:
[WINDOWEDX:64]
[WINDOWEDY:40]
[FONT:ironhand.png]

[FULLSCREENX:64]
[FULLSCREENY:40]
[FULLFONT:ironhand.png]

P.S. If the numbers are big (i.e. 1280 and 1024) the game thinks it's resolution, if they are low (like in this example) they are the number of tiles X and Y.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I vote, though, that Deon should leave my, uh, 'dragon' raptors (and maybe the little ones too) [ALL_MAIN]. ;) Or at least [ALL_LAND] -- thinking of Bob Bakker's novel, Raptor Red, the leading lady (a member of the prestigious U. ostrommaysorum, or more commonly utahraptor) made her home in quite a few places, including what I'm fairly sure was a boreal forest / taiga. I've always imagined them to be plains hunters, as well, and anyway, there are already beakdogs in the swamps. ;P

Really, though, on a less serious note, of course raptors are capable of conquering oceans. Where have you been, Lancensis? :P

I cant believe it... First time I get to meet(kinda) someone who read Raptor Red as well. Awesome book.
I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I vote, though, that Deon should leave my, uh, 'dragon' raptors (and maybe the little ones too) [ALL_MAIN]. ;) Or at least [ALL_LAND] -- thinking of Bob Bakker's novel, Raptor Red, the leading lady (a member of the prestigious U. ostrommaysorum, or more commonly utahraptor) made her home in quite a few places, including what I'm fairly sure was a boreal forest / taiga. I've always imagined them to be plains hunters, as well, and anyway, there are already beakdogs in the swamps. ;P

I cant believe it... First time I get to meet(kinda) someone who read Raptor Red as well. Awesome book.

I dunno. I've heard a few people mention it recently. Funny coincidence, I suppose.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile

Sylvan elves. Looking into the legends, appears the Dusk Elves never existed (it was a medium map)
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

Hee! Yeah, I haven't met too many other people who've read it, either. Raptor Red lovers unite! /FISTPUMP

Quote from: Lancensis
In a reinforced shack on a desolate island, just waiting for the inevitable....
http://xkcd.com/155/ :P
On a more serious note, Lancensis should totes pick up Raptor Red. Then we can make a tiny Bakker fanclub, within the somewhat larger Deon / Genesis fanclub. 8D

Also, Deon, I think the idea of feathered plain raptors / woolly (YESSSSS) arctic raptors / etc etc is a fantastic idea! CANNOT WAIT.
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Raptor Red?

I'll read it! :) Thanks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

YESSSSS.

Getting Deon to read Raptor Red makes me about as excited as a new version release, so TONIGHT'S A GOOD NIGHT FOR MEEEE. |D
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile

Skunk was made by Koji. All thanks for vomiting hunters go to him :).

I still crack up when I see a skunk fight in my games. People vomit so much in this version.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On a more serious note, Lancensis should totes pick up Raptor Red. Then we can make a tiny Bakker fanclub, within the somewhat larger Deon / Genesis fanclub. 8D

Pick it up? I'm pretty sure I still have a copy. I got it as a birthday present for a friend, but she misinterpreted it as me just lending her it...for some reason. Been a couple years since I last read it, so it's probably buried as deep as....well...the protagonist.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I got a few questions. When you start the copy of DF that is already in the download, is it windowed or full screened? And also, I keep changing the windowed settings, but it always ends up kinda short vertically and way to long horizontally. Help?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 642