Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231166 times)

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

Large is fine, it's the [FREQUENCY:75] that alarms me. Gargoyles have 25 at the minute, and I've killed over a dozen in my first year at this fort. And they're just [ANY_LAND]; these raptors are [ALL_MAIN] - quite capable of conquering the oceans too, it would seem.

Not that I would want that changed, of course. "Sea Raptor" is a genius concept.
I wasn't too sure what to put down for the frequency, and I hadn't yet gotten a feel for what numerical values equate to what rarity -- common, uncommon, rare, and so forth. I agree now that 75 might have been a bit overkill :P Can't throw a dead cat without hitting a raptor!

I vote, though, that Deon should leave my, uh, 'dragon' raptors (and maybe the little ones too) [ALL_MAIN]. ;) Or at least [ALL_LAND] -- thinking of Bob Bakker's novel, Raptor Red, the leading lady (a member of the prestigious U. ostrommaysorum, or more commonly utahraptor) made her home in quite a few places, including what I'm fairly sure was a boreal forest / taiga. I've always imagined them to be plains hunters, as well, and anyway, there are already beakdogs in the swamps. ;P

Really, though, on a less serious note, of course raptors are capable of conquering oceans. Where have you been, Lancensis? :P

Edited to add that I'm especially excited to see Deon's pixelwork for my raptors! I like the little buggers, and I'm all the more fond of them for all the constructive criticism and dino-centric conversations they've spawned in this thread. And, to be frank, Deon's pixel art is out of this world. 8D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 12:00:22 am by asfghn »
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

DEON IS AWESOME

SO ARE ALL YOU GUYS
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DEON IS AWESOME

SO ARE ALL YOU GUYS
THANK YOU ACANTHUS, I THINK YOU ARE AWESOME TOO
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

How does making Cthulhu spawn that live in the evil oceans sound?
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

Hmmm... I think it'll be easy enough, just tweak the ilithid, give it wings...

:D
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I will just make more varieties for different biomes then. Jurassic Park-styled for jungles, feathered for plains and temperate biomes and maybe woolly for tundra/glacier?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Illithids? Eh, nah. Cthulu spawn in evil oceans should be modified beefed up frogmen. I'll actually work on that right now. Might take me a bit to get through it all though.

And those raptors: Got chewed apart and turned into melted burned mounds of flesh by my iron crab sentrys  :P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:05:28 am by Zargen »

Zargen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finished with the deep one. Have a look, tell me what you think.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:28:40 am by Zargen »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

AWESOME
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Z1000000m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

upset post incoming

i stumbled upon some bugs recently , after applying the 73 patch on a 71 save

i can again make high boots
every flask combusts upon creation and gives blacklung to my legendaries, rendering them pretty useless
weapons and armour have no quality levels

edit stupid firefox messed all my keys...

anyway

you might want to tweak black lung
im fine with a temporary miner resting, but having legendary miners permamently dig slower than proficients and wasting ore ,is annoying to say the least
also, im unaware whats with this, but after 1050 years of genning, the only engrave worthy moment is a ocean titan killing some random people. Civs do not fight with eachother or what?

edit2

also, dodging and swimming takes years to get a level up using the pool and the course, can this be buffed a little?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:55:00 pm by Z1000000m »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Probably region based. Significant events in the area your fort is located in are more likely to be engraved.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Well, I plan to remove blacklung totally. It screws the game with the current material bug where items are made out of first avaliable, and yeah until we have antivenins and medicines it may be fine to have it off.

Snakemen and goblins fight other races, sylvan have their ethics as df elves; the only problem may be that nords, osmans and wesmans share the same ethics so there're no wars between them. I think an addition of another evil race (undead?) would buff things up a little. And yeah, usually engravings relate to something close enough to your civ, not region.

Which Genesis bugs did you spot? I haven't touched anything tied to weapon/armor creation (0.31.04 bug?) because I simply can't and it's hardcoded, and blacklung items are caused by another DF bug. I can avoid the second thing by removing black lung, but the first one is not caused by the mod definitely.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Thanks for implementing the original ASCII version!
I just really like to keep things representative of anything, so that you don't have rock slopes representing your flying manta rays, just an appropriately colored triangle.

Speaking of which flying manta rays would be awesome.

Also, I think it would be cool if you at least did some casting for kobolds, maybe giving them a larger combat-effective caste that's the size of dwarves but takes longer to grow, leaving mental abilities alone, and a normal sized but weaker (removing the physical modifiers) caste that's much more intelligent and provides them their intellectual backbone, then giving them language.

And make them somewhat more aggressive, maybe then their theft that culminates in raids (or siege? extra-tiny midget invasion :P) will be an actual threat, or allow them to conquer and keep something in world gen.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:56:39 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 642