Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231156 times)

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, I hadn't been too sure about the size! I was going for more a utahraptor (so, what, a couple metres long?) but I have noooooo idea what value would accomplish that. xD

Uhhhhh...they give Utahraptor's weight at about half a tonne, don't they? That would be size 500 000 (ie. half a million grams)

680 thousand is probably getting into Achillobator (or whatever it's called) territory. If you want the other raptor sizes, I'd say Deinonychus would be about 50 000 (bit smaller than a person or dwarf) and a Velociraptor about...15, 20 thousand maybe? The raptors they had in Jurassic Park were probably about the same weight as a utahraptor, but were stockier, and shorter (they look about 4 metres, wheras utahraptors were about 6)

That raptor you posted is going to be the end of a thousand forts, by the way. Not saying that's a bad thing.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

however, they cannot celebrate this union, unable to feel anything
ya only the second comma is needed, though grammatically the sentence doesn't make much sense in that why or how they are unable to feel anything is unspecified, and thus confuses everything.  It could be:
however they cannot celebrate this union and are unable to feel anything
or
however they cannot celebrate this union, because they are unable to feel anything
OR!
however they cannot celebrate this union making them unable to feel anything
however they cannot celebrate this union causing them to be unable to feel anything

but that's just my grammar Nazi speaking for today XD
Nom nom nom

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon

All I got to say about grammar and words and all that stuff is, I never hear anyone else say wonky and in my opinion that makes asfghn a keeper. ;)

Anywho!

I'd say keep the raptor larger, the game is already easy as is. A few things that are killable, but fairly strong would be a nice thing. I think that having so many traders is cheating, so the more evil deadly stuff, the better. I know there is good reason to have a huge diversity in plant life, but I feel like I run into too much of it. I really don't think non-farmed plant life should be able to keep a fort of 100 alive. (i play on 5x5-8x8 maps, so there's a lot of plants...)

Yup... that's about it for now.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

All I got to say about grammar and words and all that stuff is, I never hear anyone else say wonky and in my opinion that makes asfghn a keeper. ;)

Anywho!

I'd say keep the raptor larger, the game is already easy as is. A few things that are killable, but fairly strong would be a nice thing. I think that having so many traders is cheating, so the more evil deadly stuff, the better. I know there is good reason to have a huge diversity in plant life, but I feel like I run into too much of it. I really don't think non-farmed plant life should be able to keep a fort of 100 alive. (i play on 5x5-8x8 maps, so there's a lot of plants...)

Yup... that's about it for now.
I haven't changed (not that I could) the total amount of plantlife. I just made it more diverse. So you do not see the same plant growing everywhere. Instead you see different plants.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

cockroachman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Um I am soooo sorry for being lazy (I'm getting my soon to be born son's nursery ready) but I downloaded the new Emergent Release and everything is running AWESOME! The only problem I have is that the dwarves are moving SUPER fast like I designated a 6 square wide - 30 square long tunnel and they dug it out in like 10 seconds! Thats way too fast for me! Is there anyway to slow them down? (Real sorry If this was addressed earlier) 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Haha, it's because DF became much faster because of the better optimisation. Do not worry, with time it will get slower and slower. In earlier release it would lead to an unplayable state, now it's ok though.

You could also make some waterfalls or stuff. Liquids flowing and temperature changing really weight down your CPU.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

cockroachman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Awww man.... Ok lol... Thank Yee Anyways... Stupid Dwarves Finish Projects Before i can move on to the next one!

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

AWWWLSDKGHN. This comment alone has made my day <3
Thank you, mysterious stranger! Now I feel all warm and fluffy. 8D

And kilakan, with all due respect as a fellow grammar nazi, none of those either sound or look right to me. Commas are vital in separating different sections of a sentence, which really is just a collection of similar and / or related ideas -- but arguing over this is really just nitpicking. xD It's ultimately up to Deon what he thinks sounds best!

Uhhhhh...they give Utahraptor's weight at about half a tonne, don't they? That would be size 500 000 (ie. half a million grams)

680 thousand is probably getting into Achillobator (or whatever it's called) territory. If you want the other raptor sizes, I'd say Deinonychus would be about 50 000 (bit smaller than a person or dwarf) and a Velociraptor about...15, 20 thousand maybe? The raptors they had in Jurassic Park were probably about the same weight as a utahraptor, but were stockier, and shorter (they look about 4 metres, wheras utahraptors were about 6)
Oh my God I love you. *HIGHFIVES FELLOW DINOSAUR GEEK* 8D
I AM FALLING IN LOVE WITH SO MANY PEOPLE TODAY IT IS SPLENDID AND MARVELOUS. <3 <3 <3

But as I said, I was going for utahraptor size -- like the velociraptors in Jurassic Park, yes. (I can't help it -- in my head, they are THE raptor for me. And really, what would be more badass than a raptor mount? NOTHING, THAT'S WHAT.) So hmmm, 500k would work for the adult... and I'll figure out fractionally what the chick / juvenile weights would be.

That raptor you posted is going to be the end of a thousand forts, by the way. Not saying that's a bad thing.
Well, that's what raptors are for, isn't it? ;) After all, it makes them more Fun!
Someday seeing a bloodline game with raptors would be... interesting... to say the least.

Also a great excuse for me to sit back and cackle maniacally. 8D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:49:30 pm by asfghn »
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But as I said, I was going for utahraptor size -- like the velociraptors in Jurassic Park, yes. (I can't help it -- in my head, they are THE raptor for me. And really, what would be more badass than a raptor mount? NOTHING, THAT'S WHAT.) So hmmm, 500k would work for the adult... and I'll figure out fractionally what the chick / juvenile weights would be.

The ones you posted looked about right. Wikipedia made some throwaway remark about their growth rate proving something or other, and a google search just turns up a load of information about dinosaur-themed disc drives, for some reason. I'd say about 18 months to adulthood for a velociraptor, and probably two or three years for a utahraptor.

Funnily enough, we seem to have very detailed information on Tyrannosaurs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd say keep the raptor larger, the game is already easy as is. A few things that are killable, but fairly strong would be a nice thing. I think that having so many traders is cheating, so the more evil deadly stuff, the better.
Large is fine, it's the [FREQUENCY:75] that alarms me. Gargoyles have 25 at the minute, and I've killed over a dozen in my first year at this fort. And they're just [ANY_LAND]; these raptors are [ALL_MAIN] - quite capable of conquering the oceans too, it would seem.

Not that I would want that changed, of course. "Sea Raptor" is a genius concept.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon

The tricky thing about dinosaurs is we really don't know for certain... hell we think they either had feather or rough leathery skin...

The whole idea for dinosaur land was to get big... and quick. Mostly because a lot of dinosaurs were alone and/or had much bigger things wanting to eat them.

A raptor would probably grow about as quick as a dog. A great dane/mastiff might be a good comparison. A tall and broad dog.

Weight wise though, the thing would be eating a lot, so if it were possible to make it a creature that hunted everything and in packs. That'd be awesome.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weight wise though, the thing would be eating a lot, so if it were possible to make it a creature that hunted everything and in packs. That'd be awesome.

I remember how in 40d, the cavern creatures would usually pick fights with nearby animals, but I was never sure what sparked off the conflicts. Might be the [LIKES_FIGHTING] tag, I dunno. Actually, I couldn't say at all. I think I heard that cavern/river creatures were hardcoded to destroy all surface dwellers.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Fine, I will make raptors (smaller) hunt in groups, and dragon raptors (the size of Asfghn's) to roam in pairs. All go to evil jungle and swamps :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon

That works! Praise Deon's ingenious. ;P

Brian7772

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone else have the problem with finder in this version? My computer generates maps in under a minuit but then takes forever go to through finder. It seems like it pauses because if i keep tapping space or esc it goes up steadily. It almost looks like it pauses finder randomly.

And I totally vote for fangirl pics. :P

Oh and deon did you ever have a chance to check that training desk that I sent you?
"Pff...real Dwarves just estimate it, start digging, and make corrections after the cave-in." - Wild Goose

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sure I did! I just haven't changed anything yet because library trains most of those skills.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 642