Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231402 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Sorry, I didn't get why did you post the part of the init.txt. Was it an answer on some question?

Or do you mean that you have no sound thus you ask is it fine? :)

It's a combination of soundtracks from Ultima IX and Ultima Online.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile

Well Deon your mod looks so awesome, I think it might be one of the mods I will actually play... Better hope it lives up to the hype or its description on my list will be "Mod is teh sux!"

Hehehe JK Your list entry is safe no matter =)  But still consider it an honor, I have only played maybe 3 mods I didn't make in my years of dorfing.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon

I don't mean to be picky... But could you do a Mayday or Phoebus tileset to the new version?

Not digging the ironhand...

-edit-

It's not that it sucks completely... but like the floor tiles and walls and the stockpiles... could definitely be better.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 12:20:40 am by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He cannot do an graphics version.  The new verison of DF the grapics are broken.  Until it gets squared away everything has to be done inside a font file.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There IS a mayday version. They are totally compatible between 0.31.03 and 0.31.04. You probably misread my previous answer. Just switch GRAPHICS:YES to GRAPHICS:NO.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahh sorry only knew the graphics were broken from reading the 31.04 thread, Didnt know there was already a work around.

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to try my hand at a community fort with the emergent version.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57683.0

Haven't noticed any unworkable bugs or annoying crashes yet.  Come on over if you feel like claiming a dwarf.

Hopefully this community fort will work better than the last one I tried.  That one was just taking off when a freak power surge hit my neighborhood and fried every part of my computer.  That was the only time I've actually seen smoke come out of a desktop.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That's awesome. I am sure the location is gonna be fun, looking at those dead trees and spider webs. Well, at least you have a lot of water to establish underground farms. Don't forget to make a drawbridge ASAP :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

AHHHH. AAAHHHHH NEW GENESIS AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH NEW DF VERSION AAAAHHHHHHH.
What does it say about me that I'm more excited about the new Genesis than .04? :P
ONLY THAT I'M DEON'S BIGGEST FANGIRL, OF COURSE.

Speaking of which, hullo, Deon! I'm finally back home 8D so have a raptor! I apologize for how messy the raw may or may not be, it was my first modding attempt. xD
And to answer a question you posted earlier (since yes, I had to read through all the thread pages that I'd missed...) I am in ABSOLUTE LOVE with the soundtrack. I like the original music, but I LOVE what you picked for Genesis's soundtrack. :P
I'm such a fangirl.

Anyway, I'll let you know what I think about the new emergent version as soon as I gen a world and tinker around with it. Thank you once more for being so on top of things and dedicated to the mod! DF's modding world really benefits from people like you <3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Feathered raptors! Awesome :P.

Wow, I have a fangirl? PICS! :D I'm kidding.

I'm glad you enjoy and thanks for raptors.

Also size 680? That's a lot. Looks like allosaurus to me :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon

lawls deon has a fangirl. ;P

680 just means all the bigger teeth to eat you with.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, I hadn't been too sure about the size! I was going for more a utahraptor (so, what, a couple metres long?) but I have noooooo idea what value would accomplish that. xD

HELP? :P

OF COURSE YOU HAVE A FANGIRL, THOUGH. Haven't you heard the 'RAH RAH RAH GOOOOOOO DEON!' from the corner every time you upload an update or promise an update or really post ever at all? ;)
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaand sorry for the doubleposting, but I am FINALLY (finally!) getting on that proofreading I promised you, what, weeks ago? :P
I'll edit this post as I go and bold my changes. :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TA DAAAA. 8D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ahah, good find about all this stuff.

Especially dire wolf one. I think I let it to sneak in when I was updating both mods at once :P.

Also might I ask about
A small canine found in the badlands

Why THE? I meant badlands in general, not specific ones.

Also why do you use so many commas? I know that would be right in russian, but doesn't english use MUCH less commas?

I am especially worried with:
however, they cannot celebrate this union, unable to feel anything
comma comma? :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 05:47:18 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think (though I could be mistaken, haha!) that 'the badlands' means ALL badlands, not just a specific one -- much in the same way that 'the deserts' would mean ALL deserts. To my ear it just sounds kind of wonky without the 'the,' but it could work either way. ;)

Some of them just didn't sound right to me (I'm a native English speaker, currently living in the US, though I'm not claiming to be an expert at the language, lol!), so I was a little nitpicky with them. Those you're more than welcome to disregard my 'fixes.' xD

I LOVE MY COMMAS. I read somewhere once that the comma gives your reader a chance to draw breath, and that's always stuck with me, hehe. I also realize rereading the lost adventurer part you quoted that that probably should be being unable to feel anything... BUT
A comma usually follows the word 'however,' since it's a word that usually (though not always) is leading to a separate thought. And that's why the second comma is there, since "they cannot celebrate this union" is separate from (though related to) "being unable to feel anything."

I hope that makes sense! I'm pretty good at proofreading, but terrible at explaining why I think something sounds better than the alternative. xD I should have paid more attention during the technical parts of English class!

Also I am having trouble getting this new version of DF to look right. 3: The init file is all wonky and new and I don't know how to get my settings from .03 to transfer over. I was using 1280x800 windowed, with an 80x40 grid. Plugging in those values just makes it look huge and stretched and NO BLACK SPACE EVER AHHHHH.

H-help?  :'(

I FIXED IT YEAAAHHHH I'M AWESOME. |D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 06:46:09 pm by asfghn »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 642