Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231548 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 1.73 ϟ] - psychiatrists!
« Reply #1035 on: May 16, 2010, 01:02:22 pm »

Here's a quick fix for tigermen graphics, make sure you overwrite appropriate files:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=07051353055282384696

I will fix it for the new version.

I drew them fast so if you don't like them tell me, I will try to make something better then:

Preview:

I've done some experimenting trying to figure out the bug that makes artifact items into dark lignite.  Right now wood, bone, and shell based artifacts turn into dark lignite in my games.  They are lost imediately, and the creator of the artifact gets blacklung disease.  It seems that the game looks for the first inorganic file in alphabetical order.  Then the game selects the first material in that list.  So you could set up a dummy material that is not used anywhere else in a file named inorganic_artifact.txt, and until Toady fixes the bug in the main game, we wouldn't have exploding artifacts.

Good idea, I will consider it for the next release.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 16, 2010, 03:52:18 pm »

I've played around more and I have a few important questions:

1) Has anybody ever seen a single trading wagon? If there're no wagons I will have to make animals to carry more again, otherwise you won't be able to order stones and anvils on maps with no stones.

2) Does arsenal dwarf issue orders correctly? I just ask it because I had problems with making dwarves to equip stuff, so my military equipped their gear from time to time but not always. With arsenal dwarf it seemed to be better... At least they took their quivers. If arsenal dwarf's orders make procastinating go away, I may need to assign a quartermaster noble from the start.
Sorry for quoting myself, I never do it, but I would like this question to be answered by as many people as possible. I am afraid of current bugs and I try to do the best I can do here. Without military Genesis is quite hard to play.

Based on the earlier reply, most of it is just bugs with .31. Arsenal Dwarves are still... unsure. Even without them (see Kobold Camp), military is still wonky. Most of the fixes suggested by derigo are useful with and without Arsenal Dwarves. People are reported success both ways: those that modded out arsenal dwarves/before hitting 20population and those that mod in arsenal dwarves sooner/going above 20 population. I haven't seen anything particularly solid on causes.

I think wagon caravans may be bugged as well; I haven't seen one in any iteration of DF2010 yet. I don't think you need to worry too much about pack animals... I've had up to 8 at on point; fairly early in the fortress. I don't know what the maximum amount is though. :(

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 16, 2010, 04:37:23 pm »

Well, more pack animals = more caravan guards = more free armor, right? ;)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 16, 2010, 05:27:14 pm »

Beautiful work, Deon! It makes the world even more interesting. I like the serpentfolk a lot. Any race with six different variations in the same species are good in my book :D How come that they rarely have anything more than a hat and gloves on them? The nords, have you done something peculiar with them? I've generated a couple of Genesis worlds now, of different dimensions in both time and space. They always have something cool going on. Conquering the whole northern hemisphere once, and launching a religion of the Cought, goddess of nightmares, that spread over entire world. Large Island, by the way. They'd be this god's favoured people if they weren't so normalish human in appearance... ;D
I must admit that I erased all traces of the osmans and all elves though. They really got on my nerves...  :P It learned me a lot of how DF works too, and I'm thankful for it. I've begin tinkering on a demon race for myself, actually.

And one question, of course. Is there any way for my serpentfolk salamander adventurer to use his special attack, i.e. his "dragonbreath"? I'd really, really, really like to know :D
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 16, 2010, 05:44:17 pm »

Too bad DF doesn't allow special attacks in adventurer mode yet. I am glad that you enjoy it.

That gave me another idea. I will make different entity files for each race so it would be easier to erase those you don't like :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 16, 2010, 08:26:58 pm »

Hi I just started playing this mod and its probably one of the best out here so far. Two questions though. Is the dizzyness from blacklung perminante or does it heal eventually.

Also can animals get it too because now i have a dizzy cat.
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
  • Exit light!Enter night!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 16, 2010, 10:54:02 pm »

Hmm this is weird... gootes glowingheated the sweltering brand the frost wyrm,I thought frost wyrms were meant to have cold flavoured names.Oh and i think i found a glitch with wyrms they always get stuck in their own breath cloud and it hurts them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 10:57:20 pm by Urist mc.miner »
Quote from: Footkerchief on Today at 02:46:06 am
Quote from: Grakelin on May 12, 2010, 10:01:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, environment destroys you!

Germany learned this the hard way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 17, 2010, 12:39:11 am »

Well it shouldn't. I will test it more.

Yep anymals also can get it, and it doesn't get healed, it gets a bit worse with time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

LordShotGun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 17, 2010, 07:00:38 am »

Well it shouldn't. I will test it more.

Yep anymals also can get it, and it doesn't get healed, it gets a bit worse with time.

Well @#$% that. Thats just cruel, it means that my miners are just doomed from the start if I want to use iron since coal and iron often occupie the same space so even if I don't WANT to mine coal Im screwed.

I'm just gonna regen after removing that tag.

SEARCHY TIME!!!
Must... eat... demon raaaaaaat! ARGLEBARGLEBARGLEBARGLE *CRASH* OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

Tastes like... SAAAATAAAAAAAN!

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 17, 2010, 07:04:13 am »

You can use a Gloomer or Steel Dwarf to be a miner since there's immune to diseases. :P

They'll cough and be like, "What's the problem guys?"

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 17, 2010, 07:13:16 am »

Hmm this is weird... gootes glowingheated the sweltering brand the frost wyrm,I thought frost wyrms were meant to have cold flavoured names.

Unfortunately, megabeast naming is sphere-based, and there are no cold-, ice-, or winter-related spheres.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 17, 2010, 07:28:43 am »

Started a Genesis fortress.

How can i distinct one caste from another?
Finis sanctificat media.

DracoGriffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 17, 2010, 07:35:04 am »

The last paragraph in their description.

One minor quibble I'd ask of Deon is to start each caste with the name so it's quicker to identify. :P

Some start with the name, others are at the end of the sentence or in the second one. Glancing everywhere to check if they're moss, obsidian, etc. :P

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 17, 2010, 07:41:37 am »

Uh, so I downloaded DF_31_04, and the Genesis mod, and was wondering how to extract the genesis mod into DF 04, or if I can't, a prepackaged download. Any help?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 17, 2010, 08:37:15 am »

Wonder what this could possibly be?I was on adventure mode and went into a dwarf fortress,traveled deep underground and found a room with a few dwarfs with a fever and a few corpses and lots of blood.and also pus.Oh and i also have got thousands of messages saying that somebody has vomited.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 642