Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231743 times)

Krimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry if I am mistaken,  I thought I had read about a bug where no fish were genned into the worlds,  Making fishing un-usuable,  Could just be my luck though, I never really get wild-life (with your mod I get gargoyls... That was a suprise in and of itself.)  And have never been able to fish,  Suffice it to say my dwarfs are used to plump helmet stew lasting them between caravans.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I was able to fish but fishing sources get depleted quickly.

Thus a pet big turtle seems the only neat solution to the problem.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Perhaps they should be Cave Tortoises instead of Cave Turtles.

Would add more variety to the kinds of creatures that appear in-game as well.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I didn't even know there's a difference. Actually there's no real biological difference. In russian there's a single word for turtles and tortoises (because they both are chelonians). But a bit different name fits nicely, it will really add variety, thank you DarkFragrance.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

I feel sleepy because it's 8 AM and I spent a few hours in the night adapting gold plated tileset for you and adding new stuff :3.
LSKDJFAKSLDGHALSDKNGLKABJA;SLDKJFGLHSLAKGND /fangirls

Seriously though, expect a new version like my "thanks" soon
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. LIKE TONIGHT SOON? I AM EXCITED EITHER WAY, THANK YOU SO MUCH ALSKDLASKDJFAKSGHNAAAHHHHHHHH.

Happy vacation! Is it an after-marriage vacation?
Sadly no. 3: I'm visiting a friend for college graduation. She's a DF fan too, we're both excited about the upcoming new stuff (although she didn't pester you for tilesets, so I'm a wee bit MOAR excited ;))
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile

Just started messing with this, but it seems decent so far.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Vote for Deon in that silly manliness thread.

It's here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57128.0

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Haha. Yeah it's silly but fun ;). The more ways we have to know each other and make an event out of it, the better.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you mean change the cast, only person I embark with is stanard dwarfs. Do you mean edit the dwarf to be immune or change the dwarf I embark with?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

What do you mean change the cast, only person I embark with is stanard dwarfs. Do you mean edit the dwarf to be immune or change the dwarf I embark with?
Check the caste descriptions, some castes of dwarves are immune to diseases. Also you can remove /raw/objects/inorganic_blacklung.txt file before you generate your world and you will have no disease from coal.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not used to caste's, but to save a remap ill just edit out symptoms of the desiese, then put them back in when my fort is up and running.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah you can just remove the syndrome from the inorganic_blacklung.txt if you want to tweak the running fort.

Not used to caste's
There're different kinds of dwarves, check their description, it should say who you are looking at.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ta-dam!

- V. 1.7: added critters: sand antlions, giant ants, dire wolves, silver foxes; added domesticated cave tortoises; every race has its own language now; tweaks to nail/tooth materials. Added Gold-Plated tileset version.

Nobles are reworked a bit. You can now appoint a dungeon keeper from the start. He will become a dungeon lord and later a dungeon master as your fortress grows.

Your bookkeeper will become a treasurer, a grand treasurer and a hoardmaster as your fortress grows.

An expedition leader now has [ELECTED] token which means that if he dies, he will be re-elected during a year.

With domesticated cave tortoises you can now have as many shells as you need.

I've finally put my hands on the language files so each race has an unique word list now.

For example:
Common osman names:
- Wanlin Wangueshi
- Lanbang Shaihuafengya
- Yuanbao Tangyuntanlis
- Zhanbao Xiluanglousheng

Common nord names
- Deght Froweperskyssch
- Amenbraun Ramethymene
- Ratil Verenarmat
- Lothe Eerenryden
- Wres Sawenwynd

I hope you enjoy!

My next goal is to add a better documentation and make it compatible with Direforged mod.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:30:51 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason I can't get this installed right. I inserted the graphics edition into my DF 2010 folder and it gave me errors. (I downloaded the mayday 2010, maybe that's it?

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THANK YOU DEON I WILL BEAR YOUR CHILDREN OVER OBSTACLES

One thing: I think there's a little bit of quirky English in your changelog. ;P

An expedition leader now has [ELECTED] token which means that if he dies, he will be re-elected during a year

You're going to re-elect a zombie dorf???

J/k :P Try something like "within a year another dwarf will be elected to fill the position" or something like that.
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 642