Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1231716 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile

I AM ANTI-DISAPPOINT.

YOU DO WELL, SON OF DUDE
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woah! This hack has already come a long way since I played it last! Looks like my hiatus to wait for more bugfixes is coming to another end thanks to this mod!

EDIT: Also I'm not sure how castes work. Will I be able to create a fortress with just Gloomers if I attempt Dwarf Eugenics and only let Gloomers breed with other Gloomers?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 07:49:11 am by Asra »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

They are random, but if you REALLY want it, you can go to the dwarven raws and change POP_RATIO on all unwanted castes to 0. Right now there's a population ratio (POP_RATIO token) which gives a chance of every caste to be born.

Also damn it! I've just realised that ALMOST ALL df creatures have no teeth/nails defined. I mean, the game thinks they are made OF SKIN! No wonder dogs suck so much. I will have to go through EVERY ::) creature and assign appropriate teeth/nails to them... And I will make stronger teeth/nails for monsters like dragons and such.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deon, I just searched the topic and I was wondering... IN your old Fallout mod from last version you had the music built-in to the game. Since I can't find /data/sound/song_game.ogg in the dwarf fortress folder is there any other way to get it in. Or should I just listen to it in the background?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

There is /data/sound/song_game.ogg file for me... If there's none for you, place the one from the soundtrack there and it will play.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a typo? I just clicked on all three links, they all work fine.
Yes there is. Fanciful creatures mod has http://:// so it's NOT working. Maybe your sig is cached on your PC wrong? :)

Sorry for being off topic, but it works well for me. What would I have to put for it to work? This is what I have currently:

url=http://://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55665.0]Fanciful Creatures Mod[/url

I know the first and last brackets are gone, I did that so you could see it.

Great job on the mod Deon!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:47:33 am by dragon1423 »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Are you trolling me, seriously? :)

Do you see this?
url=http://://www.bay12forums.com/

http://://www

://://

P.S. Also you broke your quote.

What would I have to put for it to work?

Replace "://://" with "://"
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is /data/sound/song_game.ogg file for me... If there's none for you, place the one from the soundtrack there and it will play.

Whoops! Thanks for that. I probably should have backed out of the folder first. I was looking at the wrong one... In anycase I love the Excel document, since it means I'll have an easier time forcing my dwarves to drink what I want them to drink.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Also damn it! I've just realised that ALMOST ALL df creatures have no teeth/nails defined. I mean, the game thinks they are made OF SKIN!

What? That shouldn't be the case. Both VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS and EXOSKELETON_TISSUE_LAYERS definitely apply the tooth layer template to tooth body parts via [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:TOOTH:100] , and creatures like lions have the tags (
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CLAW:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CLAW:CLAW_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:CLAW:FRONT]
) to add the material and tissue to the creature, and the tissue layer to their claws.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

OK I see, I didn't check the VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS template.

But I've checked and teeth and nails have solid density 500! It means they CANNOT pierce any clothing even if they wanted it very much. I am planning a rebalance to it for the next version, to make them able to pierce cloth but have troubles with leather armor. Sadly there's no armor "thickness" yet.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

But I've checked and teeth and nails have solid density 500!
I believe the shear values are more important for tooth and nail, though a rebalance is needed, yes.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arrkhal's material mod seemed pretty good for natural materials (I didn't get 'round to testing the metals, and stuff). I believe he gave teeth values close to bone, and scales values closer to nails. In fact, teeth probably needed a bit more boosting, since many animals are capable of devouring bone.

Incidentally, how much effort would be needed to cram Genesis and Direforged into a single mod?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

But I've checked and teeth and nails have solid density 500!
I believe the shear values are more important for tooth and nail, though a rebalance is needed, yes.
They cannot pierce with current 10000 shear values and they cannot pierce with 700000 shear values (like for metals). Density is more important here :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Incidentally, how much effort would be needed to cram Genesis and Direforged into a single mod?
The basics should be easy, start with Genesis, copy the *_direforged files into the folder, and follow the direforged readme on what to add to entity_default and material_template_default (Deon and I make the same change to b_detail_plan_default.txt so there is no change needed there). There is some detailwork to consider, such as what entities from one mod should use what equipment/buildings/reactions from the other. One thing that I'd definitely do is add the PETRIFY_IMMUNE creature class to the stonegazers, and make their syndromes not affect creatures with that class, same as I did with the basilisk crab.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hey, I somehow missed the Direforged mod. It looks cool. If you won't be able to merge them I can do it for you.

Also check the plant tiles. I have some custom tiles shuffled around so you may want to change plant tiles to some appropriate from the tileset you use.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 642